Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
1628249706831.png

Vice-Chairman of the Indonesian People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Syarief Hasan. ANTARA/HO/FR

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Indonesian People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Vice-Chairman Syarief Hasan opined that Indonesians Army's (TNI AD's) joint exercise with the US Army is a commitment to boosting professionalism and readiness in response to the global geopolitical developments.

"I support the decision to conduct a joint exercise between TNI AD and the US Army. This is important for sharing of experiences and fostering synergy as well as mutual understanding in an effort to realize global peace," Hasan noted in his statement here on Friday.

The MPR vice chairman asserted that realizing world peace is a Constitutional mandate.

To this end, he believes any effort and participation by Indonesia in preserving world peace is inevitable, especially for the National Defense Forces (TNI) that serves as the nation's guardian.

Hasan deems this joint exercise as being especially important in the wake of growing tensions over the South China Sea conflict.

He remarked that in this scenario, Indonesia should always be prepared to face every possibility, much like the classic adage "si vis pacem, para bellum" which means "if you want peace, prepare for war".

"This is the logical consequence if the nation's sovereignty is threatened by one-sided coercion from other nations," Hasan affirmed.

He noted that Indonesia has espoused a free and active foreign policy wherein a nation has the right to determine its own fate in response to global developments.

To this end, Hasan believes that the joint military exercise between TNI AD and US Army should be viewed as a form of collective solidarity in protecting navigational freedom, preserving global peace, and appreciation to the international law.

The joint military exercise is being conducted at TNI AD's War Exercise Centers (Puslatpung) in Martapura (South Sumatra), Amborawang (Balikpapan), and Makasilung (Manado), from August 1 to August 14, 2021.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"This is the logical consequence if the nation's sovereignty is threatened by one-sided coercion from other nations," Hasan affirmed.
Of course, after what happened in North Natuna Sea in the past and also looking at the situation in the western pacific this exercise is good.

I wonder if Indonesia will conduct similar exercise with Japan.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Of course, after what happened in North Natuna Sea in the past and also looking at the situation in the western pacific this exercise is good.

I wonder if Indonesia will conduct similar exercise with Japan.
Didnt they already?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Didnt they already?

What is the details about this? Or is it gonna be a passex?

What I mean is, the exercise like the one that is currently on going with US Army, large scale involving thousands of US troops, C17, apache, blackhawk, himars, humvee etc.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the details about this? Or is it gonna be a passex?

What I mean is, the exercise like the one that is currently on going with US Army, large scale involving thousands of US troops, C17, apache, blackhawk, himars, humvee etc.
I dont think Japan ever did that abroad,Naval yes Army no.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I dont think Japan ever did that abroad,Naval yes Army no.
Well yes, for now at least.

But if we are looking at how Japanese recently trying to sells their military hardware, floating the idea of defending Taiwan, who knows maybe the next one would be joint military exercise.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom