AmirIGM 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 118
Website
irangeomil.blogspot.com
Nation of origin
Iran
I've decided to post this older article of mine (though somewhat recently updated) given it's about one of Iran's most important defence products to date.

Full article on IranGeoMil blog: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2019/08/irans-bavar-373-profile.html

Updated 06 November 2022
Since the cancellation of the first S-300PMU-1 delivery by Russia in 2010, Iran vowed to develop a superior system, and the Bavar-373 was finally fully unveiled on Defence Industry Day on 22nd August 2019 after roughly 9 years of development.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I've decided to post this older article of mine (though somewhat recently updated) given it's about one of Iran's most important defence products to date.

Full article on IranGeoMil blog: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2019/08/irans-bavar-373-profile.html

Updated 06 November 2022
Since the cancellation of the first S-300PMU-1 delivery by Russia in 2010, Iran vowed to develop a superior system, and the Bavar-373 was finally fully unveiled on Defence Industry Day on 22nd August 2019 after roughly 9 years of development.

I've read that the system is still not in mass-production. Do you know why? A system like this is essential to defend Iranian nuclear assets.

AmirIGM 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 118
Website
irangeomil.blogspot.com
Nation of origin
Iran
I've read that the system is still not in mass-production. Do you know why? A system like this is essential to defend Iranian nuclear assets.
It's one of those systems they can't stop developing. For example for a long time it was only supposed to have 200km range but in November they did a 300km range test with a new missile (detailed in the article). Now they're developing another system called Arman that will have 400km range but it seems (I hope!) that will be a separate system probably with a different role.

Usually a defence ministry unveiling such as the one we got in November means serial production. So hopefully Bavar is finally being produced in numbers.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom