It was a mistake to leave Turkey out of Mideast gas club -- Shaffer

Y

Yoyo

Turkey has turned this dream of a pipeline into a pipe dream. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

pipe.jpg

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
this is nothing but crocodile tears....
Its called business, nobody said they love us, nor does anyone expect any love, nobody is this mess likes the other they just cooperate because they have to.
Its just that Turkey is a to big of a chunk to swallow for any of those in the eastern med so they hoped they would make a difference by acting together but Israel and Turkey will sooner or later restart the cooperation mark my words.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Israel is the only important neighbour in this area. If you cooperate with them, you will sea all international pressure dissappear.

No more attacks at our economy, no more Kurdish insurgency, no more anti-Turkish newspapers. And Washington will support you in every case.

It sounds like fantasy but it is true. This world is cut in two pieces: nations with Israel and nations against Israel.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

Israel is the only important neighbour in this area. If you cooperate with them, you will sea all international pressure dissappear. No more attacks at our economy, no more Kurdish insurgency, no more anti-Turkish newspapers. And Washington will support you in every case.

It sounds like fantasy but it is true. This world is cut in two pieces: nations with Israel and nations against Israel.
Maybe not "attacks" per se, but certainly "controlling measures". Israel will never allow Turkey to develop as an independent economic and military power no matter how great our relations with it might become in time, and that's simply because they don't want a superpower Muslim neighbor that looks after its own interests. It's not rocket science. We don't want a powerful Israel or Greece or Armenia next door to us either.

That said, I'm old enough to remember the decades BEFORE our relations with Israel soured. Our economy was exiting one crisis just to enter another one. Corruption cases like ISKI and Susurluk were a daily occurance. We were begging the IMF all the time for loans. Our currency's annual devaluation rate was in quadruple digits. Life in Turkey was like shit and on top of all that, we had zero defence industry.

Being "friends" with Israel certainly isn't a magic solution for ANY of our problems. And if you think Kurdish Insurgency would end after improving our relations, you're just plain wrong my friend. PKK committed their first crimes in the early 80's, and their activities reached a peak in the 90's. E.g. the decades when Turkey was basically "best friends" with Israel.

You should go back and watch some old 32. Gün tapes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe not "attacks" per se, but certainly "controlling measures". Israel will never allow Turkey to develop as an independent economic and military power no matter how great our relations with it might become in time, and that's simply because they don't want a superpower Muslim neighbor that looks after its own interests. It's not rocket science. We don't want a powerful Israel or Greece or Armenia next door to us either.

That said, I'm old enough to remember the decades BEFORE our relations with Israel soured. Our economy was exiting one crisis just to enter another one. Corruption cases like ISKI and Susurluk were a daily occurance. We were begging the IMF all the time for loans. Our currency's annual devaluation rate was in quadruple digits. Life in Turkey was like shit and on top of all that, we had zero defence industry.

Being "friends" with Israel certainly isn't a magic solution for ANY of our problems. And if you think Kurdish Insurgency would end after improving our relations, you're just plain wrong my friend. PKK committed their first crimes in the early 80's, and their activities reached a peak in the 90's. E.g. the decades when Turkey was basically "best friends" with Israel.

You should go back and watch some old 32. Gün tapes.

Ofcourse Israel doesnt like a powerful independent moslim neighbour, but we are now. Turkey has taken a lot of crucial steps since 2010 and there is no way back. They know that very well. The only way to stop Turkey, is to put pressure on our economy with international incidents, domestic restlessness and war at multiple fronts. Thats the strategy they used to bring down Sultan Abdulhamid II and collapse the Empire.

Its 1914 again and we are getting more and more isolated by having beef with 5 nuclear powers (USA, Russia, France, Israel, India) and our neighborhood at the same time. There is not one day passing without a negative story about us in the international press. This has a devastating effect on our economy.

We must cut this pressure strategicly by (temporarily) restoring our relations with Israel and still go our way in Libya, Syria, Iraq, the Aegean and the Eastern Mediterranean.

We are not the same Turkey that bought sabotaged drones from Israel to bomb empty mountains. They cant fool us this time.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

Ofcourse Israel doesnt like a powerful independent moslim neighbour, but we are now. Turkey has taken a lot of crucial steps since 2010 and there is no way back. They know that very well. The only way to stop Turkey, is to put pressure on our economy with international incidents, domestic restlessness and war at multiple fronts. Thats the strategy they used to bring down Sultan Abdulhamid II and collapse the Empire.

Its 1914 again and we are getting more and more isolated by having beef with 5 nuclear powers (USA, Russia, France, Israel, India) and our neighborhood at the same time. There is not one day passing without a negative story about us in the international press. This has a devastating effect on our economy.

We must cut this pressure strategicly by (temporarily) restoring our relations with Israel and still go our way in Libya, Syria, Iraq, the Aegean and the Eastern Mediterranean.

We are not the same Turkey that bought sabotaged drones from Israel to bomb empty mountains. They cant fool us time.
Okay, let us know when Israel at least stops supporting PKK/YPG terrorists against us or retracts its signature from the oil/gas agreements it's signed with the Greeks in violation of our continental shelf, and we might consider taking a friendly step as well.

You can't expect Turkey to go kiss Israel's ass while it's actively attacking us from all directions.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you are both talking about the same thing, but have difficulty finding acceptance of eachothers POV.

1. Our economy is under pressure, and whether that is foreign interference or internal cause the only one to blame is the government.
2. We are alone atm, and that is again due to government politics, you might as well go back and look at every foreign step that led to this isolation.
3. Our defense industry is on the rise, but it had begun so ever since we were dissatisfied with the hardware we bought, especially the herons.
4. Wars on our borders just adds to the above mentioned issues.

I too remember buying ayran for around 5.000 Lira in the 80-90's, I remember receipt collections (my relatives did).

Now we have another challenge, we must bring our foreign debt to 0 if we don't work towards it then it can only escalate as that is what WARS do!

Strict budget discipline and reduce cost on unnecessary things. e.g. Halic in Istanbul turns murky so what it's natural occurance, do we need to waste money cleaning it if it has no enviromental affect ? I think CHP is investigating why it turns murky, and that is the right way to deal with issues.

Prioritize investments and don't try to do everything at once, and do not compromise on our defence industry, especially not TN.
Just my opinion.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you are both talking about the same thing, but have difficulty finding acceptance of eachothers POV.

1. Our economy is under pressure, and whether that is foreign interference or internal cause the only one to blame is the government.
2. We are alone atm, and that is again due to government politics, you might as well go back and look at every foreign step that led to this isolation.
3. Our defense industry is on the rise, but it had begun so ever since we were dissatisfied with the hardware we bought, especially the herons.
4. Wars on our borders just adds to the above mentioned issues.

I too remember buying ayran for around 5.000 Lira in the 80-90's, I remember receipt collections (my relatives did).

Now we have another challenge, we must bring our foreign debt to 0 if we don't work towards it then it can only escalate as that is what WARS do!

Strict budget discipline and reduce cost on unnecessary things. e.g. Halic in Istanbul turns murky so what it's natural occurance, do we need to waste money cleaning it if it has no enviromental affect ? I think CHP is investigating why it turns murky, and that is the right way to deal with issues.

Prioritize investments and don't try to do everything at once, and do not compromise on our defence industry, especially not TN.
Just my opinion.

Im going to be honest I defended Berat Albayrak despite him being Tayyips son in law. Im like okay let him do his job and I will decide.

I feel like he has to leave to be honest and somebody competent to take control. His giving no confidence and even said I dont care about the exchange rate pretty pathetic and petty.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if Albayrak is related to the Albayrak Group that owns Tümosan, that operates harbour in Somalia...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey's cooperation with Israel is only possible when Israel gives up on their expansionist ambitions. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Israel has always been the only enemy of Turkey in the past couple of centuries. Even when the relations were close it only benefited Israel and undermined Turkish interests. It has always been a relation that weakened Turkey. Turkey which didn't have any strength to threaten anyone was of course not worthy of any enmity. That same Turkey was already invaded by Israel. Other nations' objections are again because of Israel. The situation has been like this even before Israel was a thing.

The only way we can stop Israel's expansionist ambitions is to match their tech level, period.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey's cooperation with Israel is only possible when Israel gives up on their expansionist ambitions. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Israel has always been the only enemy of Turkey in the past couple of centuries. Even when the relations were close it only benefited Israel and undermined Turkish interests. It has always been a relation that weakened Turkey. Turkey which didn't have any strength to threaten anyone was of course not worthy of any enmity. That same Turkey was already invaded by Israel. Other nations' objections are again because of Israel. The situation has been like this even before Israel was a thing.

The only way we can stop Israel's expansionist ambitions is to match their tech level, period.

I couldn't agree more, but I would turn it around and say, we don't need to blatantly support the arabs when they're not even working in unison.

The bad vibe we have with the arabs is partly what is leading to the arabs using this opportunity to make peace with Israel.

They are just waiting for a chance to abandon Palestine, and that is what Turkey/Erdogan has given them. It started due to the harsh rhetorics.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I couldn't agree more, but I would turn it around and say, we don't need to blatantly support the arabs when they're not even working in unison.

The bad vibe we have with the arabs is partly what is leading to the arabs using this opportunity to make peace with Israel.

They are just waiting for a chance to abandon Palestine, and that is what Turkey/Erdogan has given them. It started due to the harsh rhetorics.

Arabs are tribal their whole politics is tribal in otherwise it makes no sense in the modern world.

Y

Yoyo

That's pretty much spot on.

That said, I would be on board with calling Israel a "friend" just for the sake of giving our relations a positive PR spin in Washington. That's what the Israelis do and just because we're calling each other friends doesn't mean we're not actively trying to destroy each other. Afterall, the Israelis hurt the ones they call "friends" the most (e.g. the Arabs). It gives their warcrimes (killing Palestinians, keeping Gaza a prison) a positive appeal around the world.

Like the saying goes: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. :giggle:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom