Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aksungur is a slow plane and its impact is not all that much. It only shines in submarine defense.
Akıncı is faster and more capable but $80mn is overkill as you can buy a couple of fighter jets for that price. Predators are pricey but are they selling?
If you want to realize sales and sell a good number Akıncı should be around $35m.
Perhaps the first customers can be given a break as the plane has not even made its first victory.
What i mean is not only drone price but gcs and munitions as well. Akinci buyer will order larger bombs, electronic equipments smart munitions like mam-t, som, teber82, hgk83. Then price will go up per unit. Lets assume my expectation per unit as "gross price".

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,817
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1643071264338.png

1643071279573.png

Last edited:

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe it’s more like Pakistan doing business with China and Turkey, but separately for their unmanned systems.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Its seems like a small project ..but it could be a game changer imo .. and it is underestimated .. we all can see how houthis immature suicide drones caused a great damage to saudi's and UAE inspite that both countries have very modern ADs .. imagine if they use drone like this .. with very little IR signature .. RCs .. high speed .. turbojet engine inspite of piston .. i am expecting it to be very usefull piece in any upcoming events in syria or libya

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Fake news 100%

Any person who read the underlined paragraphs will probably realise this is just fake news aimed at either gaining ppl's attention for money, popularity and fame or just tarnishing Turkey's image in the west

Normally in such projects, all the countries involved gain knowledge amd expertise from each other. PLS some1 explain to me what would China gain from Turkey? China is way ahead of Turkey in terms of aviation, engine field, defense, and UAVs in general. Hell the Chinese built a spacestation for gods sake

Iam not saying that The Turks are idiots but they still need like 3 to 4 more years to even think about such things
First they should see whether MIUS will fly on time or not as it is a really ambitious project

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
or just tarnishing Turkey's image in the west
You said it.

Armenian lobby in US and related lobbies in the past pushed the disinformation regarding ''a joint UCAV project between Turkey, Pakistan and Russia against India'' to the US senate.

I know how ignorant one must be on geopolitics to think Russia and Turkey would cooperate in a drones manifacture that would be used against India.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fake news 100%

Any person who read the underlined paragraphs will probably realise this is just fake news aimed at either gaining ppl's attention for money, popularity and fame or just tarnishing Turkey's image in the west

Normally in such projects, all the countries involved gain knowledge amd expertise from each other. PLS some1 explain to me what would China gain from Turkey? China is way ahead of Turkey in terms of aviation, engine field, defense, and UAVs in general. Hell the Chinese built a spacestation for gods sake

Iam not saying that The Turks are idiots but they still need like 3 to 4 more years to even think about such things
First they should see whether MIUS will fly on time or not as it is a really ambitious project
I believe China is ahead of aviation technology especially in engine and fighter technology so USA is. However, there are many countries in f35 programme although US industry is capable enough to do it domestically. The problem is about cost rather than capability. I do not think that Turkey and China would do an uav together cuz both countries are strong rivals in UAV market therefore they do not share their tech each other. I do not think that china has more advanced in terms of drone technology. Recent Akinci export announcements and sales price per unit uavs (24 tb2s 300m usd to poland, 3 anka s 80m usd to Tunisia) could be seen as an indication.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom