Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
not enough.
I am not sure even 100 is enough for Ukraine against Russia. They are good for the separatists. The gap between Russian Airforce and Ukrainian Airforce is enormous. Russians can easily dominate the skies, and bomb the airfields that host TB-2, or hunt down on air. Don't have much info about Ukraine air defence assets, whether they can deny Russian aircrafts or not.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,684
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not sure even 100 is enough for Ukraine against Russia. They are good for the separatists. The gap between Russian Airforce and Ukrainian Airforce is enormous. Russians can easily dominate the skies, and bomb the airfields that host TB-2, or hunt down on air. Don't have much info about Ukraine air defence assets, whether they can deny Russian aircrafts or not.
According to this site they have 61 fighters;
28 SU27
21 MIG29
12 SU24
Plus 13 SU25 as CAS.
How many of them are readily operational, is another question.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,212
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Kotil: "Design work for Göksungur, a supersonic unmanned aerial vehicle, continues"
What TA Has done and is doing is incredible! I hope they'll keep that pace for years to come.
Just 10 years ago, the notion that Türkiye would sell its satellite tech to the Americas would've made me laugh in disbelief!

T-129 Faz II
T-625 Gökbey
T-929
T-629
T-925
T-70
Hürkus A/B/C
Hürjet
TFX/MMU
Özgür F-16
Anka
Aksungur
Simsek
Göksungur
Satellites

All these projects ongoing and alive in different stages. Ambitious but achievable!

Last edited:

Lupus

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Surely they lack of numbers and cant make them win a war against russia. But they can hit some targets and gain some good footages for morale to the people and military. Striking airfields to stop tb2's may not be enough. I remember a footage from libya war that there were runways (dusty) inside Tripoli (near buildings) and tb2's were hiding inside buildings. If thats the case tb2 are also good for guerilla type of warfare. But at the end of the they I agree that russia is op.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,301
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB2 can land and take off short distance. They can bomb the run way as they can do :D .

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,549
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia has nothing ground based to stop the TB2s from doing its job. Even the most recent stuff Russians have failed to stop the Azerbaijani TB2s from destroying 2 Armenian outposts in early January this year.

This means they HAVE TO use manned fighter aircraft to stop'em. at that point Ukranian pilots could just swat them Russkis out of the skies while they are distracted.
Nevertheless, they still need solid EW and SAM capabilities to really turn the tide in their favor.

I think Erdogan must send KORAL and HISAR systems to the Ukraine just to be safe. Patriots would be useful too.

OPTIMUS

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the aviation industry, the first customer always has a strong bonus. This bonus would already be at 20 percent range. Therefore, the first export price of AKINCI can never be decisive.

Nurhak40

Reactions
Russia has nothing ground based to stop the TB2s from doing its job. Even the most recent stuff Russians have failed to stop the Azerbaijani TB2s from destroying 2 Armenian outposts in early January this year.

This means they HAVE TO use manned fighter aircraft to stop'em. at that point Ukranian pilots could just swat them Russkis out of the skies while they are distracted.
Nevertheless, they still need solid EW and SAM capabilities to really turn the tide in their favor.

I think Erdogan must send KORAL and HISAR systems to the Ukraine just to be safe. Patriots would be useful too.
Russia can just destroy the runways and the airbases with manned jets.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

You are really optimistic about Ukrainian capabilities. Sorry, but, comparing Azerbaijan vs Armenia to Russia vs Ukraine is a little bit funny. As pointed out by @Yasar, Ukraine has very limited airpower and a questionable availability rate of aircrafts. Not sure how would they "swat" Russkis out of the skies. If Libya managed to down TB-2s I am pretty sure Russia as well be able to down it.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are really optimistic about Ukrainian capabilities. Sorry, but, comparing Azerbaijan vs Armenia to Russia vs Ukraine is a little bit funny. As pointed out by @Yasar, Ukraine has very limited airpower and a questionable availability rate of aircrafts. Not sure how would they "swat" Russkis out of the skies. If Libya managed to down TB-2s I am pretty sure Russia as well be able to down it.

Isnt this really shorter than anadoulo aircrafts carrier ?
The plane is not loaded with ammunition so it is lighter than a plane loaded for assault which makes it able to take flight after a shorter run.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
ANKA at TAI Facilities.

Recent Interview by TVNET.
Date 30.01.2022

ANKA Project Timeframe

12/2004
ANKA Project signed between SSM and TAI

1st Prototype named ANKA-A has been built

1st Flight of that ANKA-A Prototype
They were solely designed for Recon Missions
ANKA-A were too Heavy due to Lack of Experience by the TAI Engineers

ANKA B has been introduced which was lighter and could carry Missiles (Roketsan Cirit)
First Missile Strike was in 2013

2013-2018
ANKA X was named but not detailed what its purpose was

02/2018
ANKA S has been introduced in Service at Air Force Command.

That was its history.

-----------------------------

ANKAs have accumulated a Flying Hours of more than 120.000 Hours.

with Mission Payload Endurance of 24+ Hours
without 30+ Hours Endurance

AKSUNGUR

Endurance 50+ Hours
Same Ground Operating Station for ANKA and AKSUNGIR
Same Avionics, minimal Training of ANKA Operators to qualify
Same Technology, same Crew can Maintain ANKA and AKSUNGUR

AKSUNGUR can fly with 1 Engine and Safely land!
AKSUNGUR isn't flying with PD-170. Engine Tests are Continuing and They expect to reach 40k Feet Altitude with TEI Engine.

AKKSUNGUR carries 1400 liter of Fuel
AKSUNGUR has a range of 8000km with Recon. Config.

AKSUNGUR will have a "bigger and better" Successor according to its Project Leader.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom