Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Akıncı:
Sept 1 - First engine integration
December 19 - First flight

Kızılelma.
Sept 18- First engine integration
December 19-31 - First flight?
Also remember that Akinci’s first flight was conducted before originally planned. The team had made good progress and got impatient.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not really It didn't past the tests thats why they made TB2 and It got accepted stop making up fake news.
I don’t recall making up fake news. I just shared a post that sounds interesting. If you know the reason why it was not accepted perhaps you should share the news with us.

If the criteria for acceptance didn’t change from TB1 to TB2, then it becomes interesting.

Also do remember that we only hear about the success now. It’s equally important to hear about the failures.

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Some history about TB2 not being allowed to fly by some people in the past.

This happenee a lot unfortunately. Özden Örnek also fought very hard to make Milgem project uncancellable. Not just the ship, before that getting an approval for the Genesis took a lot of time.

There are lot of factors in this. Corruption is being one but back then mindset of the decision makers were very different. Most of the time they couldn't concieve the idea of national industry and building something for our national needs.(Also we didn't have the confidence that we could build things) I guess this is the reason that why we are seeing a lot of overlapping projects. Officers with the idealistic views tried to save their branches and try to start projects with whomever is willing. The book "Milgem'in Öyküsü" is a very good book to understand what we went through when developing our national industry.

Gladly we seem to be past that though. We are combining and streamlining lot of projects(especially in the missiles) and all of the branches of the army seems to work together.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1663512921215.png

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not really It didn't past the tests thats why they made TB2 and It got accepted stop making up fake news.
Exactly, they were making up news that their aircaraft is not accepted etc.!! While all defense subjects need to pass the tests. Now we are not sure whether they are accepted with proper tests by tsk or not!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fx-gun

Reactions
2 113
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't guess wingman is designed as a real fighter jet like KE. We Will use KE directly at frontline while wing Man is designt as a sporter drone to fighter jets.

hoz

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello everyone, my name is Hakan, a mechanical engineer from Istanbul, and this is my first post.

May I ask your opinion about whether it would be possible for Kizilelma (or another fighter jet) to take down an incoming Meteor or AMRAAM missile?

Given that Kizilelma may not match F35 and Rafale in terms of engaging range and stealth tech. (supercruise factor), such capability would offer outstanding survival capability.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Hello everyone, my name is Hakan, a mechanical engineer from Istanbul, and this is my first post.

May I ask your opinion about whether it would be possible for Kizilelma (or another fighter jet) to take down an incoming Meteor or AMRAAM missile?

Given that Kizilelma may not match F35 and Rafale in terms of engaging range and stealth tech. (supercruise factor), such capability would offer outstanding survival capability.

KE will definitely outperform Rafale significantly in the short-term after 2025.

With regards to F-35, KE will be inferior in the short-term after 2025, on par in the medium term and superior in the long-term (I expect around 2028-2030)

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Twin engine version of KizilElma should be capable of super cruise with TEI engines. Apart from that, we have to acknowledge that this is the first generation of unmanned fighter aircraft and will be full of bugs that need to ironed out in every generation. But, it's definitely looking bright for AI controlled UFA

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom