Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello everyone, my name is Hakan, a mechanical engineer from Istanbul, and this is my first post.

May I ask your opinion about whether it would be possible for Kizilelma (or another fighter jet) to take down an incoming Meteor or AMRAAM missile?

Given that Kizilelma may not match F35 and Rafale in terms of engaging range and stealth tech. (supercruise factor), such capability would offer outstanding survival capability.
intercepting oncoming missiles with a hard-kill system(shooting it down) in an air-to-air environment is a brand-new concept few countries work on, let alone manage to do.
at this point of time the closest thing there is the DIRCM system embedded onto Su-57, (and TFX, apparently) to skew the course of IR-guided missiles.
but who knows what the future will bring, amirite?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
20220920_143340.jpg
20220920_143351.jpg
20220920_143347.jpg

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Although it is beyond me how the small AI-25 engine is going to lift the MIUS from the short LHD strip I am thrilled to see the bird in the air insallah.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Although it is beyond me how the small AI-25 engine is going to lift the MIUS from the short LHD strip I am thrilled to see the bird in the air insallah.
Kızılelma with AI-25TLT is not going to be the naval version

Enderun

Reactions
4 850
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I add a few pictures because I found it on the internet.

Attachments

• cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-e.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-e.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 95
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-c.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-c.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 96
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-d.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-d.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 91
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-b.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-b.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 85
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-a.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-a.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 81
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-d-02.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-d-02.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 90
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-c-02.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-c-02.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 93
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-b-02.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-b-02.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 86
  • cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-a-02.jpg
    cem-gurbuz-kizilelma-h-a-02.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 100

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So not really on topic but i wanted to ask, what was the "Gökkuşağı" Erdogan was talking about ? Was it the Kızılelma's code name or something else ?
What do you guys think?

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gökkuşağı
I have never heard of this, where and when did Erdoğan mention this.
"my wish is that we will also fly the Rainbow together"

"According to the information obtained, the term "rainbow" was used as a general term rather than naming any system in President Erdoğan's speech."
So looks like it was nothing but makes me wonder why would he say something like that.

hoz

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
intercepting oncoming missiles with a hard-kill system(shooting it down) in an air-to-air environment is a brand-new concept few countries work on, let alone manage to do.
at this point of time the closest thing there is the DIRCM system embedded onto Su-57, (and TFX, apparently) to skew the course of IR-guided missiles.
but who knows what the future will bring, amirite?
Hitting an incoming missile with an air-to-air missile should not be as hard as splitting an atom.

If I was a director at Tubitak or SSM, I would assign this critical mission to a team of bright engineers.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hitting an incoming missile with an air-to-air missile should not be as hard as splitting an atom.
youre right, it isnt. but the tech to facilitate such actions have only recently shrunk in size enough to pack it in a flying platform AND fly with it.
my guess is, such systems will be incorporated into 6th gen fighter jets in the beginning. they are envisioned to implement bigger, more powerful AESA radars with a long reach, and directed energy weapons(aka lasers) to shoot into stuff. that combo in of itself can reliably kill incoming A2A missiles.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello everyone, my name is Hakan, a mechanical engineer from Istanbul, and this is my first post.

May I ask your opinion about whether it would be possible for Kizilelma (or another fighter jet) to take down an incoming Meteor or AMRAAM missile?

Given that Kizilelma may not match F35 and Rafale in terms of engaging range and stealth tech. (supercruise factor), such capability would offer outstanding survival capability.
Current DAS (Defensive aide Suites) and EW systems modern aircrafts have onboard, makes it somehow unnecessary to have such capability.
If you could get behind an a2a missile and fire a faster missile at it, you could hit it. But that is not a very likely scenario to happen. If your Aesa radar has 360 degree coverage to target a missile coming to you from behind, may be you could hit an incoming missile.
But DIRCM, DAS and extensive Electronic Warfare to jam incoming missiles are still the best method to disable an a2a missile. Also the improved agility of your plane is important. When excessively sharp turns are executed, a2a missiles could lose radar lock and miss their targets. With an unmanned plane like KE much sharper turns than any manned plane, could be made. This on it’s own is the best evasive method KE has in it’s armoury.

Last edited:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Current DAS (Defensive aide Suites) and EW systems modern aircrafts have onboard, makes it somehow unnecessary to have such capability.
If you could get behind an a2a missile and fire a faster missile at it, you could hit it. But that is not a very likely scenario to happen. If your Aesa radar has 360 degree coverage to target a missile coming to you from behind, may be you could hit an incoming missile.
But DIRCM, DAS and extensive Electronic Warfare to jam incoming missiles are still the best method to disable an a2a missile. Also the improved agility of your plane is important. When excessively sharp turns are executed, a2a missiles could lose radar lock and miss their targets. With an unmanned plane like KE much sharper turns than any manned plane can manage could be made. This on it’s own is the best evasive method KE has in it’s armoury.
iirc KE has all of them

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 921
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
PM of albania just confirmed that will order 6 Tb2 for albania and will be used for civilian and military matters .
I am afraid they will use to spy muslims like always , if u know something about albania u should know USA control albania 100% whole country and TVs.
They control KMSH(feto) (muslim comunnity) They place agents spy inside mosques and arrest some muslims for nothing .
I hope Baykar place a kill switch inside tb2 if something go wrong .
USA aslo place MEK base to albania and they hack Iranians , Iran hack albania back , taking down gorvement e site with millions of ID , phone numbers etc . Aslo iran hack Police computers TIMs system that resgister enter and exit of people on borders .

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom