Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They made cutouts from the monocoque body which is the main structural element.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Cant wait to see kizil elmaaa in the air. Hayde turkiye, happy for the achievments that are being made. ☝️

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,254
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wow!
It's definitely intended to be stealth. I'm certain Baykar can achieve that.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if they'll use traditional pop rivets or they'll use a stealthy solution like the F-35.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,858
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any idea what the RCS of MIUS will be?

Lower than Rafale and higher than F-35, or am I wrong?

Well depends on how good of an job is done on the fuselage and how good the RAM coating will be as well as the thermal management of the engine (TF-6000).

But even with mediocre results it should vastly outdo the Rafale on RCS. I think in the end it will easily rival the F-35.

Hope they slap Luneberg reflectors on them just to fuck with the Americans.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well depends on how good of an job is done on the fuselage and how good the RAM coating will be as well as the thermal management of the engine (TF-6000).

But even with mediocre results it should vastly outdo the Rafale on RCS. I think in the end it will easily rival the F-35.

Hope they slap Luneberg reflectors on them just to fuck with the Americans.
I am sure they would use reflectors not to show radar signature. Stealth feature will be tested against our radars.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The RCS value of MIUS to be measured will be smaller than Rafale, even with current body shape, internal weapon load capability and composite material used extensively in the hull. It is certain that even more effective results will be obtained when the RAM paint developed (I think Turkish paint will be far better than Have Glass V. Aselsan is working on those paints since decades) is also applied for MIUS.

The RCS value of the F16 has been reduced from 5m2 to 1.2m2 with Have Glass-V paint.

The targeted RCS value for TfX is between 0.1m2 and 0.003m2, depending on the angle of the aircraft. I expect a similar RCS value for MIUS.

The RCS value specified for KFX is 0.5m2 in open sources. The Su-57 is claimed to be in the 0.5-0.1m2 range. The RCS value of F35 stated in open sources is 0.005m2 and F22 is 0.0001m2.

TNAHN

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar is a chance for foundation companies. foundation companies can export their products through baykar. Of course, they can also export on their own, but it is easier for them to sell their products on a platform. roketsan makes the most of this chance. I can't say the same for aselsan. now it's tei's turn. It is very difficult to export large-scale engines. because if there is no trust in the engine manufacturer, the product cannot be sold. gökbey and mius, a chance for tei. If tei is successful with the ts1400 and tf6000 engines, it can more easily export their engines through these platforms. but if the projects(ts1400, tf6000) gets longer like the tj90 engine, tei will miss this chance.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom