TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are building 2 campus. One is in Istanbul, other one is Tekirdağ . They will be focusing on engine technologies, space and imaging. More like focusing on sub-systems of the drones and space. Baykar kind of scares me. Their uavs are good but they worked on a stupid project like Cezeri which is utter non-sense.

Also Kızılelma will take years to mature.

I think it is time to expand their development activities on more developed countries such USA and Germany. The qualified people on their business is definitely requiring people who had concrete experience on the field of space and engine. Trusting Turk Engineers is something to be proud of course but being realistic is more important. The current situation of Türkiye is also pushing people to move away. Tusaş had a similar problem after f16 production line as Mr. Temel stated in one of his speech.

Another very important strategic move would be acquiring some companies. Especially in the field of space is very important. These companies can be acquired by the help of government.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,214
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Absolutely, that was their mistake and made the Turkish flying car industry cringe. It was both an effort worthless of any merit and also a slap to the industry trying to steal the show from enthusiasts.
It was a valid effort.
Without taking risks, you get nowhere. I'm sure they gained a lot of experience making that IF it were really a failed project.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was a valid effort.
Without taking risks, you get nowhere. I'm sure they gained a lot of experience making that IF it were really a failed project.

It is like TAI getting in such projects, they claimed the first flying car flight of Türkiye doing that. Such a greedy act like there is no one else in aviation other than themselves.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are still those who pit a giant like Tusaş against Baykar. Some reason and logic please.

Especially on youtube and twitter there are a lot of these types, they must be paid trolls.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Just out of interest what exactly does baykar design, develop and manufacture?

If we look at the kizilelma what specifically is baykar made? For example the engine is Ukrainian and eventually it will be replaced with a Turkish engine from a different company to baykar. The munitions are made by other Turkish companies for example. The optics are made by aselsan or at least will be in time. Of all the subsystems does baykar make any themselves?

Is there anything that would make sense for a drone company to focus on and expand on?

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are still those who pit a giant like Tusaş against Baykar. Some reason and logic please.

Especially on youtube and twitter there are a lot of these types, they must be paid trolls.
Yes. And then there are people like this:

Just out of interest what exactly does baykar design, develop and manufacture?

If we look at the kizilelma what specifically is baykar made? For example the engine is Ukrainian and eventually it will be replaced with a Turkish engine from a different company to baykar. The munitions are made by other Turkish companies for example. The optics are made by aselsan or at least will be in time. Of all the subsystems does baykar make any themselves?

Is there anything that would make sense for a drone company to focus on and expand on?

Boykaz

Reactions
1 121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akıncı first fast taxi 2 December
Akıncı first flight 6 December

KE first fast taxi 3 December
KE first flight 7 December ?

IMG_20221205_161236.jpg

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
lads for me a Turkish development is a Turkish development. Its not about putting one against the other, i asked a serious question. Because in england the drones get brought up a lot but once you start talking about them, people go into how baykar mostly assembles. I'm not judging that i'm simple interested to know what exactly they manufacture. Because it does look like that most of the parts are sourced from other companies. Which would have led me onto the next question, which parts makes sense for Baykar to bring inhouse and expand on?

And are there any companies within Turkey that would make sense to be brought out or merge with baykar?

Last edited:

Joe mark

Reactions
6 173
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Burkina Faso
lads for me a Turkish development is a Turkish development. Its not about putting one against the other, i asked a serious question. Because in england the drones get brought up a lot but once you start talking about them, people go into how baykar mostly assembles. I'm not judging that i'm simple interested to know what exactly they manufacture. Because it does look like that most of the parts are sourced from other companies. Which would have led me onto the next question, which parts makes sense for Baykar to bring inhouse and expand on?

And are there any companies within Turkey that would make sense to be brought out or merge with baykar?
This is normal TAI gets the electronics from Aselsan and the ammunition from Roketsan This is not a defect

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

If people love asking those bullshit questions.

Why dont they ask why Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman dont make their own engines?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Funny how people never ask how cars are made?

Especially the brakes and tyres where do car manufacturers get them from? They dont make them thats for sure they get them sourced by other companies.

Do they make it themselves no they contract it to other companies like Brembo, BBS, Michelin and Bridgestone

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Funny how people never ask how cars are made?

Especially the brakes and tyres where do car manufacturers get them from? They dont make them thats for sure they get them sourced by other companies.

Do they make it themselves no they contract it to other companies like Brembo, BBS, Michelin and Bridgestone

Obviously i know why they do it, its to disparage Turks and basically indirectly imply that Turks are useless and they cannot possible build advance tech. I've long learned to understand that when in concerns Turks much of the world has an insecurity complex towards us. Due to our own imperial history and due to the fact Turkey was never colonised despite part of it being directly in europe.

But my question isnt about any of this, i honestly wondered what parts are made inhouse. Obviously for many things it wouldn't make sense fot it to be made inhouse like tires for example. You got companies who already produce them as economically efficiently as possible producing millions of tyres a year, no sense to make it inhouse and its not a product that you can be embargoed over.

But in terms of other systems, is there anything that makes sense to bring inhouse? This is why i asked about what they manufacture?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Obviously i know why they do it, its to disparage Turks and basically indirectly imply that Turks are useless and they cannot possible build advance tech. I've long learned to understand that when in concerns Turks much of the world has an insecurity complex towards us. Due to our own imperial history and due to the fact Turkey was never colonised despite part of it being directly in europe.

But my question isnt about any of this, i honestly wondered what parts are made inhouse. Obviously for many things it wouldn't make sense fot it to be made inhouse like tires for example. You got companies who already produce them as economically efficiently as possible producing millions of tyres a year, no sense to make it inhouse and its not a product that you can be embargoed over.

But in terms of other systems, is there anything that makes sense to bring inhouse? This is why i asked about what they manufacture?
It will require some effort but here's the "Open Positions" at BAYKAR. You can read and learn what technologies they develop and manufacture.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,552
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anything and everything that can be made in house is currently being made in house. largely due to the fact that the powers that be are quite generous with embargoes and shifty business.

even the tires. Petlas is currently manufacturing the tires that are used in TB2's, Akıncı's and Turkish F-16s. theyre working on Kızılelma's and TFX's tires as well.

as for the stuff that cant be made in house, i reckon that's a short, secret list getting smaller each passing day. that we CERTAINLY know.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I watched videos of bees, wasps and hornets.

Now imagine a missile carrying them which not only explodes but sends a deadly swarm of hornet sized drones to the enemies not just disrupts their communications even kills them too.

Now imagine such concept like this.

Hornets, bees and wasps can be deadly. The Mayans used hornet nest throwers against the Spanish conquistadors.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom