Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,604
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Extremely ambitious. It is probably "A" version without air-to-air capability. It is really difficult if not impossible to integrate AESA+AA missiles and gain the capability for air-to-air engagement in a year.

Akıncı will carry the same AESA radar and has similar avionics as Kızılelma so any weapon integrated on Akıncı can be counted like %80 towards integration on Kızılelma but even then it is really ambitious.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Extremely ambitious. It is probably "A" version without air-to-air capability. It is really difficult if not impossible to integrate AESA+AA missiles and gain the capability for air-to-air engagement in a year.

Akıncı will carry the same AESA radar and has similar avionics as Kızılelma so any weapon integrated on Akıncı can be counted like %80 towards integration on Kızılelma but even then it is really ambitious.
I don't think it will be aesa at first. F16 and Akıncı are waiting in line.

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yep. Development of an AI pilot that can match human pilots is difficult and time consuming. Maybe they will manage to integrate a radar by next year but IMO it will only have basic AI and A2A capability (i.e., human operator doing the decision making, can select a target and fire a missile at it - no dogfighting capability or autonomous missions) until a few years later when a full AI pilot upgrade can be done.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
I guarantee you some "western experts" are going to criticize the drone's stealth because of muh canards.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Congrats to Turkey, I had some hope the U.S. would still be advanced in drones, but they scrapped the B-21 drone concept 4 months ago making it only manned.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,604
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

KE has a much better RCS value than the calculation made above. As you all know KE is not manufactured from metal, it is manufactured from composite materials. Those calculations were made assuming KE is %100 PEC metal.
KE has 8 big main structural parts. All of them are made from composite.
1) Nose
2) Body
3) 2x Canards
4) 2x Wings
5) 2x Vertical tail stabilizers

Depending on what kind of RAM will be used KE might be as stealthy as the F-35.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
What I find baffling is the speed of the drone project where Erdogan says production 2023, has there been any Turkish projects that has been delayed before?(knock on wood it won't happen to this project). not as negative criticism but the timeframe is just insanely fast and I cannot be the only one here that thinks that.

We had the Euros fly the Bae Taranis and neuron and they have never fired weapons or dropped a bomb and still to this day have not set production dates same with the X-47B that got cancelled. The Okhotnik-b had a test fight in august 2019 and a series of more flights and set production for 2023. Now this drone looked like it was to use Ukrainian engines according to Wikipedia but a user told me the TF-6000 engines will be used in which it will have flight before the end of 2022 but a set production for 2023. Does anyone have atleast a little concern with that fast timeframe? If not, Turkey will set a lot of world records on this project. Just want to share this opinion if it has not been brought up before.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom