Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i'd love to see an ''Electronic Attack'' drone or maybe a refuelling drone.
TAI TISU will be a stealthy penetrator-bomber if our predictions are correct. More precisely, while the KE is intended to be a drone with a close engagement capacity with an emphasis on agility, TAI TISU will focus more on stealth. In short, we expect it to be in the form of a flying wing without vertical stabilizers. The other issue is MTOW and payload capacity. Again, our expectation is that TISU will have a higher lift capacity.

Baykar will of course not stop with the single-engine KE. A twin-engine supersonic fighter will come first, and so on. However, in the medium term, TAI TISU seems to be a shorter route for the tanker drone.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Planes are developed around engines. TEI are developing the TF6000 and the Özgün codenamed engine for the TFX. If bombers and tankers will be made around these engines we can expect two different sizes considering they will all be powered by twin engines.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,002
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think this is a mistake to sell such products
Kargu is a critical project and shouldnt be sold to countries willy nilly

The same discussion with every other product. How are the companies supposed to become sustainable and no longer tax funded if they are not allowed to export? Exports = income = money to spend on new R&D and products.

I think our bureaucracy knows better what can be sold to who and what not.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI TISU will be a stealthy penetrator-bomber if our predictions are correct. More precisely, while the KE is intended to be a drone with a close engagement capacity with an emphasis on agility, TAI TISU will focus more on stealth. In short, we expect it to be in the form of a flying wing without vertical stabilizers. The other issue is MTOW and payload capacity. Again, our expectation is that TISU will have a higher lift capacity.

Baykar will of course not stop with the single-engine KE. A twin-engine supersonic fighter will come first, and so on. However, in the medium term, TAI TISU seems to be a shorter route for the tanker drone.
It seems that TAI will do the electronic attack, bomber and tanker unmanned drones.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the introduction of TISU, Göksungur, TB-3, alongside with the existing TB-2, Aksungur, Akinci, Anka, JEMSAH, Simsek, and the plethora of multi-rotor drones, mini drones, and kamikaze drones, Türkiye will have such a wide range of UAVs that only USA and to some extent China would rival.

We still have a few categories to achieve, mainly unmanned attack, and cargo helicopters, tanker UAVs, HALE etc. but that will change in the near future just like the combat doctrine has.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems that TAI will do the electronic attack, bomber and tanker unmanned drones.
I really don't know what kind of division of work there will be. But, my guess is that Turkish naval aviation (for fixed wings) will enter a rapid development process through drones.

On the TAI side, there is already a feasibility study for a naval LCA over on the Hurjet. Maybe it is not Anadolu LHD, but it has the potential to be a short-range fighter jet for next carrier platform that is expected to be on the agenda after some years. If a full-scale carrier is indeed targeted, in which case very heavy platforms (such as MMU) with more sophisticated launch systems need to be deployed on this ship, TAI will again shoulder this side of the works.

If there is an ideal/vision of a carrier with a displacement of +50K in the 2030s, and if the air vehicles deployed on these ships will be a product of domestic industry, there will be a need for many new systems for the air wings of the platform in a 20-25 year projection.

Light utility and training helicopter
10-ton class utulity, SAR/CSAR, ASW helicopter,
15 tons (maybe heavier) heavy class utility/cargo helicopter/tiltrotor
Several unmanned rotary wing systems
Carrier-based light attack/training jet
Carrier-based tactical airborne early warning, command and control/sea and air surveillance aircraft
(Carrier-based air superiority fighter)
Several carrier-based multirole tactical drones
Carrier based wingman/unmanned fighter jets
Carrier based tanker drone
etc.

Some of these projects have already started or we can foresee them, some there is time for others. For some of them, there will also be aircraft that can be outsourced.

In short, both TAI and Baykar are in a position to maintain their growth trend for another 20 years and embark on many new platform projects.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The same discussion with every other product. How are the companies supposed to become sustainable and no longer tax funded if they are not allowed to export? Exports = income = money to spend on new R&D and products.

I think our bureaucracy knows better what can be sold to who and what not.
Absolutely, I'm tired of these debates. Let the companies earn some good money which in return is spent on R&D anyways. It's not like we're exporting F22.

This whole discussion about export restrictions is sometimes very cringey.

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I Have A Question :
What Do You Expect/Want From Bayraktar After 'Kizilelma' ?

I agree with some others. It is definitely space technologies. I guess in the next following 20 years almost all countries will have similar weapons including fighter jets. Space tech. will create another big development area.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,536
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree with some others. It is definitely space technologies. I guess in the next following 20 years almost all countries will have similar weapons including fighter jets. Space tech. will create another big development area.
How do you make a small fortune in the rocket industry?
- Start with a large fortune.

S

-Sinan-

I Have A Question :

They are building 2 campus. One is in Istanbul, other one is Tekirdağ . They will be focusing on engine technologies, space and imaging. More like focusing on sub-systems of the drones and space. Baykar kind of scares me. Their uavs are good but they worked on a stupid project like Cezeri which is utter non-sense.

Also Kızılelma will take years to mature.

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How do you make a small fortune in the rocket industry?
- Start with a large fortune.

This joke was so true when we consider SpaceX. However the scope of the SpaceX and Fergani is different. At least Fergani is considerably much more smaller than SpaceX in terms of target.

Baykar had made investments on Flying Cars concept but It was not practically applicable very easily. However Fergani is different. You can listen his speech regarding space tech. I bet this investment will be justified since the tech is also necessary for Turkiye's Military Infrastructure. Apart from Turkiye, there are a number of allied this will be definitely applicable.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,536
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This joke was so true when we consider SpaceX. However the scope of the SpaceX and Fergani is different. At least Fergani is considerably much more smaller than SpaceX in terms of target.

Baykar had made investments on Flying Cars concept but It was not practically applicable very easily. However Fergani is different. You can listen his speech regarding space tech. I bet this investment will be justified since the tech is also necessary for Turkiye's Military Infrastructure. Apart from Turkiye, there are a number of allied this will be definitely applicable.

Everyone on the forum should watch that video and grasp the mindset of Selçuk Bayraktar. He is a realist and has no delusion about catching up with space launch systems. He saw a window of opportunity(space tugs), a field that's not been tapped yet and he is making the investments so that they could be the leaders of the said technology. He is very intelligent.

It's not plausible for a private company to pour billions and billions on end to develop reusable rockets(or any chemical propulsion system) with very little to no return. That's the job(responsibility) of companies like TUA, ROKETSAN, ASELSAN, TAI etc.

Last edited:

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I Have A Question :
Kızılelma will be developed further and further, but I think they should consider civil products. Like a VTOL drone that carries a decent amount of payload to hospitals in rural areas etc.

I would like to have Cezeri as well, but it would be better with a combustion engine.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Their uavs are good but they worked on a stupid project like Cezeri which is utter non-sense.

Absolutely, that was their mistake and made the Turkish flying car industry cringe. It was both an effort worthless of any merit and also a slap to the industry trying to steal the show from enthusiasts.

wolveray1

Reactions
5 408
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Kızılelma will be developed further and further, but I think they should consider civil products. Like a VTOL drone that carries a decent amount of payload to hospitals in rural areas etc.

I would like to have Cezeri as well, but it would be better with a combustion engine.
Bayraktar should make better loitering /suicide drones.With longer range with thousands km and much bigger warhead and make them cheap too.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,196
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bayraktar should make better loitering /suicide drones.With longer range with thousands km and much bigger warhead and make them cheap too.
Cheap AND quick. Loitering munitions with WW2 levels of production speed is what this country needs.

That's why whent they say they amped up the production to 500 per year I was elated.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom