Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,108
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Deutsche Heeres neue kampfpanzer leopard 2a7V.

German army just received 14 of the 2a7V variant. Very handsome tanks if you ask me

Leopard-2A7V.jpg
5PowOBT.jpg
E_OUdreXMAIZUMm

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I wouldn’t say it is worth it. But after all, it is the best operational MBT out there.
(Challenger-3, T-14 Armata, Abrams X or KF-51 Panther is not operational yet)

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldn’t say it is worth it. But after all, it is the best operational MBT out there.
No.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,560
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Order volume for 18 Leopard 2A8 tanks is 525 Mio. EUR. So almost 30 Mio.EUR per tank

Once it receives hundreds of orders, it will drop to acceptable levels like the others. The important thing is the average cost that will occur after the total number of orders exceeds certain levels. Moreover, Leopard-2a6s also had a design flaw. The Germans have an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and close their gaps.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,108
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Abrams would fit that description more

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Once it receives hundreds of orders, it will drop to acceptable levels like the others. The important thing is the average cost that will occur after the total number of orders exceeds certain levels. Moreover, Leopard-2a6s also had a design flaw. The Germans have an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and close their gaps.
Thats the reason just yesterday the turret of destroyed leo2a6 almost reached to the space..) but this Afif guy will swear that its the best)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Thats the reason just yesterday the turret of destroyed leo2a6 almost reached to the space..) but this Afif guy will swear that its the best)

Oh man, it really looks like I am living rent-free in your head.😅

Anyway, turret of destroyed leo2a6 didn't almost reached the space. It was right where i supposed to be. (Still attached to the chesis.)

1686380491576.png

Then again, you couldn't comprehend.

I am talking about Leopard-2 A8 which has considerable improvements over Leopard-2 A6.

And what do you expect exactly?
Irrespective of who produced it, no contemporary tank on earth would have survive a heavy 152/155mm round hit. Leopard 2 is no exception.

Being best does not necessarily means invincible. In any offensive and counter-offensiv, heavy and sophisticated equipment losses are quite normal.

@Gary said, Abrams (probably A2 SEPv4) would fit the description of being the best.

Then again, there are photos of Abrams burning.

But that does not necessarily disprove his claim.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,108
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am talking about Leopard-2 A8 which has considerable improvements over Leopard-2 A6.

Yeah I agree with this, certainly one of the best tanks out there. And this is from a 40 year old design that Germans continues to improve.

The new 1600hp engine would cerainly help with the added weight + that sweet L55A1 guns + APS + RCWS. Its an excellent tank.

I just notice there's a lot of excitement with the Leopards getting destroyed. Or just overall hate towards one. Why is that ?

Peter66

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah I agree with this, certainly one of the best tanks out there. And this is from a 40 year old design that Germans continues to improve.

The new 1600hp engine would cerainly help with the added weight + that sweet L55A1 guns + APS + RCWS. Its an excellent tank.

I just notice there's a lot of excitement with the Leopards getting destroyed. Or just overall hate towards one. Why is that ?
people have been saying it’s the best tank out there.
most likely that’s the reason for the hate

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,108
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
people have been saying it’s the best tank out there.
most likely that’s the reason for the hate
People need to understand that the word 'best' is parametric in nature and never meant to be translated into indestructible.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
any video?
There is a video of a Ukrainian tank setting a record for turret tossing. However, uncertain if it is a L2 or some t-series. ruskies claim it is a L2, but then again they are known liars. That being said, L2 has similar flaws as the t-series with the ammunition being exposed.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom