2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lockheed offers drones to complement Poland’s future F-35 jets
By: Jaroslaw Adamowski   September 8

UEZQBV4M4JDFXEN5OC5NJB5F7I.jpg
Deliveries of the F-35 to Poland are expected to begin in 2024. (Capt. Kip Sumner/U.S. Air Force)

KIELCE, Poland — With Poland set to acquire 32 F-35A fighter jets under a deal signed in January, the aircraft’s manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, is gearing up to supply the country with long-range drones to enhance the F-35′s operational capacities.
“Both the U.S. and Poland are interested in a next-generation UAS capability,” Jack O’Banion, the vice president for strategy and customer requirements at Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works division, said at a press briefing ahead of the MSPO defense industry show. “We’ve seen the Polish Ministry of Defence’s Technical Modernization Plan, which was released last year, which outlines the UAS need."
O’Banion said the company saw “a significant overlap” between the U.S. and Polish tactical requirements for new drones, and it is highly interested in creating partnerships with local defense manufacturers to jointly develop and produce unmanned aerial systems.
Deliveries of the F-35 are expected to begin in 2024. Poland will add the fighters to its fleet of 48 F-16 C/D Block 52+ jets.
The $4.6 billion contract for the jets will allow Poland to replace its outdated Soviet-designed Sukhoi Su-22 and Mikoyan MiG-29 aircraft with fifth-generation fighters.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many Turkish products have proved their technological capabilities on field so I trust the quality of out products. I support our institutes at all cost and Government should encourage them to join into tenders in anywhere around the World. I don’t know If Turkish drones are inside the competition in Polish drone tender (If It is exist) but Poland is inside the orbit of US institutes at present so I don’t suppose our institutes have a chance in this country.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many Turkish products have proved their technological capabilities on field so I trust the quality of out products. I support our institutes at all cost and Government should encourage them to join into tenders in anywhere around the World. I don’t know If Turkish drones are inside the competition in Polish drone tender (If It is exist) but Poland is under the orbit of US institutes at present so I don’t suppose our institutes have a chance in this country.
Poland, the baltics, scandinavia are these type of nations which are dealing with the emboldened Bear, so they will always favour the US in such tenders even against "fellow euros", the absolute majority of EU countries itself are small, weak and irrelevant and the larger 4 are also dealing with heavy problems which, im afraid, they will not solve, alltogether they are on a path of decline and like merkel rationally said, the shift is happening from europe to asia and as a result of it they are loosing heavy soft power and significance, from culture to their traditional economic sectors they dominated for centuries.

So they will always cling on the trans-atlantic partnership because its the only thing which will keep the Russians away from making their Russian moves on them tho these moves will happen sooner or later.

Top Bottom