Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco

Media: Azerbaijan will receive the first JF-17 Block 3 - PHOTOS

In February 2021, the first Pakistani JF-17 Block 3 fighter-bomber (2019 modification with KLJ-7A AFAR and wide-angle holographic display) will be delivered to Azerbaijan.

lg.php

According to 1news.az , the Russian Voennoye Obozreniye writes about this, according to which, within 10 years, Baku will acquire 21 JF-17s from Pakistan.
Note that JF-17 is the Pakistani designation for the FC-1 aircraft, developed by this country in conjunction with China.

Azerbaijan is not the only state that has shown interest in Pakistani JF-17s. Iran, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Egypt, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Sudan also want to buy them. Developed jointly by Pakistan and China, the JF-17 meets all modern requirements and is able to form the basis of a modern and powerful air force.
Serial production of the JF-17 Block 3 began in 2020. This version has, among other things, an air refueling system and a perfect radar. In particular, the Block 3 modification is equipped with an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar system, which gives the aircraft the ability to detect targets at long range, including against the background of the earth. In addition to the radar, the aircraft is equipped with several color displays in the cockpit and a helmet-mounted sight, which greatly facilitates piloting and air combat.

The AESA system radar - with an active phased array antenna - is the KLJ-7A manufactured by the China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETGC). The CETGC claims the KLJ-7A has similar characteristics to the radar used in the American fifth-generation F-35 fighters. In particular, with the help of the new radar, the JF-17 will be able to detect targets at a distance of up to 170 km and will have a combat advantage over the F-16 C / D and F-15 C / D base versions (not equipped)

Source:

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wait they actually purchased JF-17's? I though they merely showed interests and were mostly rumors. Azerbaijan armed forces have become really capable already and now its even getting better.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Azerbaijan wanted it years ago but Russia didnt let it happen as it use Russian RD93 engine. I am not sure if its possible now or which engine they plan to use?
I think that china has licence for that engine, somebody correct me if i am wrong?

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I think that china has licence for that engine, somebody correct me if i am wrong?
Chinese copies are very unreliable.. look at what happened to Bangladesh, i shared the news. CHina sold Chinese tanks with Ukranian tank engine copy but so many cracks in the engine that Bangladesh decided to change with Ukranian version.. Ukraine also refused to fix those as those were sold without their approval..

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Chinese copies are very unreliable.. look at what happened to Bangladesh, i shared the news. CHina sold Chinese tanks with Ukranian tank engine copy but so many cracks in the engine that Bangladesh decided to change with Ukranian version.. Ukraine also refused to fix those as those were sold without their approval..
I differ to disagree, if pakistani air force does not complain about motor performance then it should be fine. You need to consider that licenced production is same like original one under spedifications, materials amd procedures. I agree with you if it is copied motor but i think russians sold full ToT for that specific motor, so your concern shoud be eased by that matter.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
I differ to disagree, if pakistani air force does not complain about motor performance then it should be fine. You need to consider that licenced production is same like original one under spedifications, materials amd procedures. I agree with you if it is copied motor but i think russians sold full ToT for that specific motor, so your concern shoud be eased by that matter.
Azerbaijan has already chineses a200 rockets on belarussian polonez MRLS so don't think it will have a problem with chinese engines on jf-17

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
If this is true it is great news. I have actually driven past the facility where these fighters are developed and assembled at PAC KAMRA which has it's own airfield next to it. The facility began back in late 1960s servicing F-86 Sabres but has since gone on to bigger and better things. This is good example of incremental progress.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
IMO they’re perfect for AZ needs in the region. Especially if it’s capable of launching SOM.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
IMO they’re perfect for AZ needs in the region. Especially if it’s capable of launching SOM.
We definitely want it, but only problem is the engine... but, on the other hand, Russia normally tend to sell us army tech when they think within net 2-3 years Turkey might sell the same technology. it happened with the tanks, it happened with Israel with drones and so on.. As Turkish Hurjet is not far, Russia might decide to sell it too..

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan has already chineses a200 rockets on belarussian polonez MRLS so don't think it will have a problem with chinese engines on jf-17
Bro, do you really put missiles and turbofan engine technology at the same level?

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
the problem is Pakistani air fore also use Russian engine, they dont trust Chinese version ) or simply it doesnt exist.. only in some fan boys head..

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
the problem is Pakistani air fore also use Russian engine, they dont trust Chinese version ) or simply it doesnt exist.. only in some fan boys head..
in that case you should demand nothing less.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
in that case you should demand nothing less.
thats exatly what we demand.. especially when we are able to purchase Akinji.. I think, Russia might want to sell it to make us depend on itself.. as Baku want to stop Russian language in schools.. there is nothing else left that make us depend on them..

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
thats exatly what we demand.. especially when we are able to purchase Akinji.. I think, Russia might want to sell it to make us depend on itself.. as Baku want to stop Russian language in schools.. there is nothing else left that make us depend on them..
What’s stopping Azerbaycan from moving language up to, say high school level. Ppl can select Russian, German, etc. in high school.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
What’s stopping Azerbaycan from moving language up to, say high school level. Ppl can select Russian, German, etc. in high school.
Kavabakh issue, as other side always thought Russian got huge influence.. it actually helped, as they used it against Armenians in Russian public.. but after this moment they got no euse to keep it.. Problem is Ilham Aliyev itself not able to speak Azerbaijani well.. he normally speak Russian, also only assign those speak Russian well.. he is one of those that not able to speak Turkish well but at the same time dont like Russia, which i doubt to be honest... He should of not sign anything to bring Russians in.. right now people respect him only because he is good with Erdogan..

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom