Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, a naval variant probably would have less capability due to the limitations of the Short take-off. Maybe require more time to develop, more time to optimize for LHD.

Wouldn't it then be appropriate that Baykar focuses on Naval platforms while TAI can focus on land-based UAVs
I noticed something.

Baykar AKINCI Serial Production in the latest video from the Factory.
As Selcuk Bayraktar walks across the Factory he slanders by 3 Serial Production AKINCIs
But one of them has diffrent Engine.

View attachment 26326

The Yellow parts imply it isn't the MOTOR SICH AI-450T.

It is the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A

View attachment 26327

This Engine is also used by TAI for the Hürkus Turboprop Plane.
Specifically the 1600 shp PT6A-68T Pratt & Whitney Canada Turboprop Motor
> Its likely a different variant because 3200 shp would be a lot.

I guess I found out which one is it.

The Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A- 135 (750HP)

View attachment 26335

- > That means the 450HP*2 variant on Baykars Website is from MOTOR SICH and the 750HP*2 from P&W .
- > So we can expect a Serial Produced AKINCI with 1500HP soon.

I found data from EASA from Europe. The Engine is quite sparse with info on the Web.

View attachment 26336

That's all I could find.

The next to that AKINCI is one with the MOTOR SICH AI-450Ts

View attachment 26330

MOTOR SICH AI-450

View attachment 26333

Stills from AKINCI Documentary, where PT6A-135A is present
1627201785614.png

1627201904461.png

1627201988744.png

1627202088659.png

1627202451857.png

Last edited:

Steel

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wouldn't it then be appropriate that Baykar focuses on Naval platforms while TAI can focus on land-based UAVs

Stills from AKINCI Documentary, where PT6A-135A is present
View attachment 26506

View attachment 26507
View attachment 26508
View attachment 26509

View attachment 26510
Then we now use the engines we acquired prior to embargo? Were these engines included in the embargo? I assume Canada prohibited every deal related to military. But I believe, to carry neb for enough range akıncı need PT-6.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would it require variants if it is specifically being developed for Naval use?
Develop it for Naval use one time, and that's that. Doesn't need any extra time working on variants, increasing costs, and pulling engineers away from other developments.
A naval use specced plane has superior capability compared to a land based one in that it can take off from shorter air strips. On the flip side it is likely to have lesser carrying capacity than a conventional landing model. If a plane equipped for land based operation is made it can carry more payload or be faster or have longer endurance. There will be some capability increase but it is probably a marginal one. If ever such a plane with some improved capacity is needed a modified conventional model can be reasonable. That's only if we do not have the same capability with some other plane. That's probably a matter of how the force structure will shape up, to be considered in the future.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,307
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
naval version fighters are always structurel stronger and heavier due the harsh conditions, so a airforce or landforce version woud have more range.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,555
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
simply wordless! the design of MIUS has exceeded all of our expectations, I am sure about it . I dont want to act like a spoiled kid but most of all I want aerial refueling capability for MIUS if you read this Dear BAYKAR SAVUNMA

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can we please not use Facebook or Instagram posts? Or at least post a screenshot for the people without accounts?

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
When we will see bayraktar tb2 flying with tei pg115 engine ?! , I always read that this engine is being tested for more than thirty thousand hours , i hope it is indeed passed all the tests and now it is in tb2 drones

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
When we will see bayraktar tb2 flying with tei pg115 engine ?! , I always read that this engine is being tested for more than thirty thousand hours , i hope it is indeed passed all the tests and now it is in tb2 drones
tei pg115 engine ?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Never. That engine was developed for Turkish Herons. Unless Rotax engine supply stops (which is practically impossible) Baykar has no reason to change the engine.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom