Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The serial production variant is much more handsome and several hundred kg lighter than prototypes. Sonobuoy pods will be integrated for Navy's Aksungur.

images
Bro, do they change random shape?

L

LegionnairE

I see that TAI still isn't done with this aircraft and they are still developing it.

Any possibility of Aksungur with motorsich turboprop engines?

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Higher altitude and higher speed is probably more valuable.
Officially they both have 40k ft. max altitude. But not sure payload affects this. And I am not sure speed really matters for MIT. They would use that for observation and intelligence gathering and I assume endurance would be more valuable.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,727
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see that TAI still isn't done with this aircraft and they are still developing it.

Any possibility of Aksungur with motorsich turboprop engines?
When you make OWN platform especially for military there are no such thing "finished product".
They Just keep adding idea to platform, analyzing how it behave, building knowlege and according to build plan they prepare some prodcut numbers when TR army request them

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not just about endurance hours. The role of AKINCI, which will be in MIT's inventory, will most likely be ELINT, COMINT. Wider frequencies mean more power emissions.

2x170Hp250 kW
2x450Hp661 kW
2x750Hp1103 kW

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Officially they both have 40k ft. max altitude. But not sure payload affects this. And I am not sure speed really matters for MIT. They would use that for observation and intelligence gathering and I assume endurance would be more valuable.
Aksungur
Sinyal İstihbaratı Görevi
150 kg Faydalı Yük ile
35 kft'te 24 saat

Sigint mission performance
with 150 kg payload
@ 35 kft is 24 hours

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What about timed neutralization without requestion from Air Force?

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the hard thing about integrating cruise missiles to UCAVs btw? Does it require a specific avionic technology?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the hard thing about integrating cruise missiles to UCAVs btw? Does it require a specific avionic technology?
Because the turbine engine is started by the ram air coming through its inlet the plane has to be fast enough to provide enough pressure. Akıncı tops at 362 km/h.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a couple issues about it.

Usually cruise missile engines start up by blowing air coming from speed. But Akıncı is quite slow compared to an F-16. Speed is not enough for turning the engine fan and start it.

Another issue is gliding. SOM travels like 80kms with gliding only. Slower launch speed shortens the gliding range. Maybe even slow enough for missile to "stall".

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom