Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nah, the leaders stay in the Iranian caves being protected by the mullah.

Pahh do you really believe that? Öcalan for instance lived for years in Damascus in a Villa with swimming pool.

Part of those leaders may live in Iran but I severely doubt they live in caves

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pahh do you really believe that? Öcalan for instance lived for years in Damascus in a Villa with swimming pool.

Part of those leaders may live in Iran but I severely doubt they live in caves

I would imagine they would have learned a lesson from Ocalans capture and indefinite imprisonment till death. But, I suppose you could be correct too. PKK leaders tend to keep a haram of ladies about even in the mountains.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,990
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Funny how the pkk rats and deash rats all speak so mighty against Turkiye then they cop some nice shock and awe from our drones they refuse to leave their hideouts 🤣🤣

Funny how pbs news was trying to promote pkk rats as the victims.

I like the Turkish ambassadors reply that Turkey basically cleaning up terrorists which Iraq refuses to do or does not have capabilities to do it.

Pkk for decades has always used Iraq as a base to attack. Every time a pkk attack fails in Turkiye they always retreat to Iraq or Iran.

M

Manomed

Iraqis are using pantsir AA systems why are we selling TB2s to Iraq at all??

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
FIGyYvfXIAUAR1v.jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,730
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

hm.. Surprise export of Kargu :)

Yakın zamanda sürpriz yapıp birkaç sözleşmeye daha imza atacağımızı düşünüyoruz. KARGU’nun farklı varyasyonlarını da yapmaya çalışıyoruz. RF arayıcı başlıklı KARGU, Zırh Delici Mühimmat Taşıyan KARGU gibi birçok farklı kombinasyonu üzerinde KARGU’nun çalışıyoruz. Aynı aileden bir diğer ürünümüz, Sabit kanatlı Vurucu İHA sistemimiz ALPAGU. Bu sene içinde mühimmatlı atış testlerini gayet başarılı bir şekilde tamamladık. Çok yakın bir zamanda Türk Silahlı Kuvvetlerine teslimatını bekliyoruz. Yine bu ailemizden olan Gözcü İHA sistemimiz TOGAN önemli bir ürünümüz. Oradaki en büyüm motivasyonumuz aslında TOGAN’ı diğer ürünlerimizle beraber kullanarak bir aile şeklinde bu ürünleri kullanabilecek çözümler oluşturabilmek. TOGAN şu anda Türk Silahlı Kuvvetlerinin envanterinde zaten. Mühimmat bırakan İHA sistemimiz BOYGA’nın da yine testlerini büyük ölçüde tamamladık; onu da inşallah en kısa süre içerisinde Silahlı Kuvvetlerimizin envanterine sokmayı hedefliyoruz.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thoughts?
Is it really an effective method of crippling drones?

All you need is Meteksan’s MILSAR/GMTI radar system. From 27 Km away it will discern between military and non military personnel. Even over cloud cover it will tell UCAV user if it is a military or non military vehicle. It will automatically classify and target all actual military positions.
1641243948602.jpeg

The Qonqueror

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All you need is Meteksan’s MILSAR/GMTI radar system. From 27 Km away it will discern between military and non military personnel. Even over cloud cover it will tell UCAV user if it is a military or non military vehicle. It will automatically classify and target all actual military positions.
View attachment 37986
Do we use them in active service now? As I remember, at Karabag war operation stopped for a few days because of the weather conditions

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we use them in active service now? As I remember, at Karabag war operation stopped for a few days because of the weather conditions
I don’t think they have become part of our inventory yet. But it was fitted on at least one Anka and one TB2 to be tried, if I recall correctly. It was only shown to public in IDEF-2019 for the first time.
Due to it’s planned 83km range in “over sea scanning mode”, it was thought to be very useful on Aksungur and even Akinci. Also because of it’s quick interchangeability it is ideal to change over to MILSAR from another system and then back again.
A very interesting write up on SAR systems in Turkey. The last one is MILSAR.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are the benefits of SATCOM can someone help me out? @Yasar @Hexciter
Most UAV’s work on the principle of “Line-Of-Sight”.
From a land based control centre the distance to control UAVs is limited to around 150km. This is governed by , equipment power and the geographic limitations too. But if a UAV is at around 20000ft the line of sight communication distance can be just under 300km. So with powerful enough communication systems it is possible to control UAVs from 300km away.
With satellite communication option there is no limit to your control distance. (US for example can control UCAVs in Afghanistan from a centre in Texas.). We are limited with our satellite coverage.
Also there is less likelihood of electronic jamming of your control signal with SATCOM. But there is a signal latency issue (a delay of signal around 2 seconds) in satcom. This renders the satcom inoperable during landing and take off. So a close by control centre achieves landing and take off (or automated systems can be implemented if push comes to shove).

Top Bottom