Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Their president is visiting TUSAS today, It could be ANKA or AKSUNGUR I'd say.
They are interested in TAI's satellite offerings too. They are probably the next satellite customer that Temel Kotil mentioned a while ago.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,040
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Their president is visiting TUSAS today, It could be ANKA or AKSUNGUR I'd say.
TUSAS drones are not within they financial abilities nor do they need the advanced specs of ANKA/AKSUNGUR. TB2 is the perfect drone for them. His visit to TUSAS is related to satellites.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,565
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well this is a first. We haven’t even got enough of them operating. But Baykar has already signed an export sale contract for the Akinci UCAV.
Any guesses who that can be?
My money is on Ukraine!
1642933056120.png

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well this is a first. We haven’t even got enough of them operating. But Baykar has already signed an export sale contract for the Akinci UCAV.
My money is on Ukraine!
View attachment 38919

Qatar or Ukraine.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My money is on Ukraine!
View attachment 38919
easy guess

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My money is on Ukraine!
View attachment 38919
The thing i wonder is how much per unit?

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
$ 10-12mn is cheap for Akıncı (raider).
Given 3 anka-s sold 80m usd with munitions and 3 ground station, aksungur and akinci should make around 50 and 80 millions of dollars respectively.
Predator b sales per unit is more than 125m usd.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Given 3 anka-s sold 80m usd with munitions and 3 ground station, aksungur and akinci should make around 50 and 80 millions of dollars respectively.
Aksungur is a slow plane and its impact is not all that much. It only shines in submarine defense.
Akıncı is faster and more capable but $80mn is overkill as you can buy a couple of fighter jets for that price. Predators are pricey but are they selling?
If you want to realize sales and sell a good number Akıncı should be around $35m.
Perhaps the first customers can be given a break as the plane has not even made its first victory.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't the Akinci sale seem a bit premature?

This is arguably Turkey's current most high tech defence product and its already being sold off. I know its more than likely that Ukraine is the first buyer (even though this would have implications on the War - which im sure Russia will not be happy with) However, would it really make sense for Ukraine to purchase drones that they will not recieve before 2023? By that time Russia would have made its move. I suppose its more of a political move to perhaps 'warn' the Russians, but if anything they are more likely to take action before the drones are delivered.

Maybe Qatar is the buyer, but I highly doubt they would need such a drone - which perhaps reduces the reputation of Baykar, as it pretty much says that money is the only obstacle to acquiring their drones.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

This is arguably Turkey's current most high tech defence product and its already being sold off. I know its more than likely that Ukraine is the first buyer (even though this would have implications on the War - which im sure Russia will not be happy with) However, would it really make sense for Ukraine to purchase drones that they will not recieve before 2023? By that time Russia would have made its move. I suppose its more of a political move to perhaps 'warn' the Russians, but if anything they are more likely to take action before the drones are delivered.

Maybe Qatar is the buyer, but I highly doubt they would need such a drone - which perhaps reduces the reputation of Baykar, as it pretty much says that money is the only obstacle to acquiring their drones.
Hm..... I agree

I dont like the idea of selling Akinci abroad that much either; though, if the other party can provide something of equal importance in return, then Turkey should go all in

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those deals don't tell anything about the flyaway price. The total contract price changes a lot depending on what is included. 3 ground control stations might have 3 landing radars rather than one etc. There are dozens of items that can be customized to fit the customer's needs which will change the price.

TB2 flyaway price can be as low as 2-3 million $ but when you divide the total contract price with the amount of TB2s you usually will end up something around 5 million $.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,040
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Any sale of Akinci to either Ukraine should be seen as part of a bigger picture. Ukraine has some crucial technology that Turkey needs. It's more of a trade of technologies.

Also, Akinci is quickly being exceeded with better systems in the next few years.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
$ 10-12mn is cheap for Akıncı (raider).
I forgot to specify. they said unit cost estimate price. the selling price may be at least 40 percent higher. around 15-20 million dollars. I think $20 million would be a reasonable and competitive price.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom