Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The famous Battle of the 3 Kings. This battle opposed Morocco to the Christian coalition: the Portuguese Empire, German, Spanish and English mercenaries, and soldiers of the Pope.

The Portuguese army led by Sebastian I and crusaders from all over Europe were defeated by the Moroccans near Fez. The Portuguese lost 15,000 men and had to kneel before Ahmed Al Mansour to recover the remains of their King.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Old maps of Morocco

Map of morocco in 1880
map.jpg

1880.jpg

Japanese map of Morocco in 1876

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
When the late Hassan II expressed Morocco's military support for Tunisia In March 1980, Gafsa in Tunisia where an armed action, orchestrated by Libya and Algeria, was carried out by a commando to bring down the Tunisian regime. King Hassan II said "Tunisia will never be destabilized because it is first and foremost a people, and we do not destabilize a people", said the late Sovereign in "Face to the public", adding that Morocco would not be satisfied with defending the Tunisia by the press or the radio, but militarily.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
When the late Hassan II expressed Morocco's military support for Tunisia In March 1980, Gafsa in Tunisia where an armed action, orchestrated by Libya and Algeria, was carried out by a commando to bring down the Tunisian regime. King Hassan II said "Tunisia will never be destabilized because it is first and foremost a people, and we do not destabilize a people", said the late Sovereign in "Face to the public", adding that Morocco would not be satisfied with defending the Tunisia by the press or the radio, but militarily.

well... the Algerian involvement was not confirmed and I doubt it, actually the main perpetrators were interrogated and they confirmed that they were armed and trained in Libya and that they tried to enter through Algeria to make seem like the Algerians were involved and to hide their affiliation with Quaddafi, Morocco and Algeria offered military support even France and the United states offered theirs and U.S 6 fleet was stationed at the Libyan coast.
but thankfully Tunisian army did fend the attack and Libya did not attack again.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
well... the Algerian involvement was not confirmed and I doubt it, actually the main perpetrators were interrogated and they confirmed that they were armed and trained in Libya and that they tried to enter through Algeria to make seem like the Algerians were involved and to hide their affiliation with Quaddafi, Morocco and Algeria offered military support even France and the United states offered theirs and U.S 6 fleet was stationed at the Libyan coast.
but thankfully Tunisian army did fend the attack and Libya did not attack again.
Mhm interesting. i will quote what i read regarding this matter. “During their passage through Algeria, the members of the commando had been taken in charge by certain Algerian military security executives”, he wrote, after having admittedly recalled that “the Libyan involvement in the organization, the financing and execution of the attack on Gafsa was evident “. He again quotes Gaddafi who said he felt “on the phone” that: “Boumediène was moved by a cold rage. His voice trembled. It was a question of a lesson to be taught, of showing that one could not resist his will with impunity. Said to me: I am sending you three trusted collaborators. Put people of the same level in front of them to set up an operation. Tunisia must be shaken and Nouira fall. I will take care of the political part. “
According to Kechrid, “The three Algerian emissaries were Kasdi Merbah, Algerian security chief, Taleb Ibrahimi and Slimane Hoffmann” and Gaddafi concluded his statement with regret: “I was wrong to agree to provide the stewardship of the ‘surgery”.

read this: https://afrique.le360.ma/algerie-tu...lu-destabiliser-la-tunisie-les-preuves-et-les

Almost same article in english https://www.archyde.com/video-gafsa...destabilize-tunisia-evidence-and-testimonies/

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Mhm interesting. i will quote what i read regarding this matter. “During their passage through Algeria, the members of the commando had been taken in charge by certain Algerian military security executives”, he wrote, after having admittedly recalled that “the Libyan involvement in the organization, the financing and execution of the attack on Gafsa was evident “. He again quotes Gaddafi who said he felt “on the phone” that: “Boumediène was moved by a cold rage. His voice trembled. It was a question of a lesson to be taught, of showing that one could not resist his will with impunity. Said to me: I am sending you three trusted collaborators. Put people of the same level in front of them to set up an operation. Tunisia must be shaken and Nouira fall. I will take care of the political part. “
According to Kechrid, “The three Algerian emissaries were Kasdi Merbah, Algerian security chief, Taleb Ibrahimi and Slimane Hoffmann” and Gaddafi concluded his statement with regret: “I was wrong to agree to provide the stewardship of the ‘surgery”.

read this: https://afrique.le360.ma/algerie-tu...lu-destabiliser-la-tunisie-les-preuves-et-les

Almost same article in english https://www.archyde.com/video-gafsa...destabilize-tunisia-evidence-and-testimonies/
Boumedian was not president at that time the Algerian leadership did not know about the attack it was orchestrated by Libya's Quaddafi and and a high rank Algerian intelligence leader was the one that provided the support, its true that since then Tunisia became warry of Algeria, but unlike Libya the Algerian official support to the attack was not clear.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Boumedian was not president at that time the Algerian leadership did not know about the attack it was orchestrated by Libya's Quaddafi and and a high rank Algerian intelligence leader was the one that provided the support, its true that since then Tunisia became warry of Algeria, but unlike Libya the Algerian official support to the attack was not clear.
yh boumediene was not president at that time. Read the full article.

quote:
“According to Gaddafi, Boumediène had told him about the project in January 1978, on his return from Tunis after having had a heated meeting with Hédi Nouira (Tunisian Prime Minister in 1980, editor’s note) and Abdallah Farhat (Tunisian Minister of Defense in 1980 ) who refused to follow up on his request to condemn the intervention of military aviation in the Sahara.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
yh boumediene was not president at that time. Read the full article.

quote:
“According to Gaddafi, Boumediène had told him about the project in January 1978, on his return from Tunis after having had a heated meeting with Hédi Nouira (Tunisian Prime Minister in 1980, editor’s note) and Abdallah Farhat (Tunisian Minister of Defense in 1980 ) who refused to follow up on his request to condemn the intervention of military aviation in the Sahara.
yeah but Boumedian died in 78 and actually Bourguiba and Boumedian had more serious problems before but never it did escalate to that,
as I said the Algerian president at that time Chadli Benjdid did not know and offered Algeria's help and refused when Quaddafi urged him to intervene and support him in the Arab League.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
yeah but Boumedian died in 78 and actually Bourguiba and Boumedian had more serious problems before but never it did escalate to that,
as I said the Algerian president at that time Chadli Benjdid did not know and offered Algeria's help and refused when Quaddafi urged him to intervene and support him in the Arab League.
i agree with you when it comes to chadli bendjdid. He came in the middle of the issue, but even high ranking officials from the tunisian goverment, and prisoners of war pointed fingers at both Algeria and Libya ( together), but the hole plan was not orchestrated by former algerian president chadli benjdid. After this incident, the tunisian authorities tried to minimize the damage between the tunisian- algerian relations.Thank you for your insight brother

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Abd-el-Krim al-Khattabi's guerilla tactics are said to have influenced several renowned revolutionaries, such as Ho Chi Minh, Mao Zedong and chue guevara.
The moroccan lion who crushed the spaniards and french with limited weapons, and manpower.

Ho Chi Minh about the Rif War against Spain: “

The Rif experience was able to demonstrate that a small people are capable of bringing defeat to a large army. The Riffians truly deserve to be named the teachers of the world.”

France alone spent more than 1800 billion francs (approximately 2 trillion euros ) to defeat the Moroccans in northern Morocco. To get an idea, that's as much as American spending in 20 years of fighting in Afghanistan.

Nurhak40

Reactions

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Holy fuck, it is really sad they were winning but had to stop after spanish use of mustard gas.
Imagine normal men taking up arms, and defeating modern army consisting of 500 k soldiers, 100 tanks and 200 airplanes. Combined the spanish and french forces suffered atleast 30 k deaths, and thousand of wounded against «farmers» who had to share the weapons they had from one place to another. May allah swt reward our brave soldiers, they are diamonds in our history! We will never forget how the germans supplied spain with chemical gas, and the spaniards using it against civilians in north morocco.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Battle of Bir Anzarane

The Battle of Bir Anzarane This was one of the most important battles of the Western Sahara War.
From a strategic point of view, the loss of Bir Anzarane meant the loss of the city of Dakhla and consequently the loss of half of Moroccan Sahara, which prompted the Polisario front, funded by Algeria, to launch a massive offensive to capture the town of Bir Anzarane .

On the morning of September 12, 1979, more than 3000 soldiers and 500 vehicles from the Polisario Front attacked the Bir Anzarane garrison, defended by 300-800 Moroccan soldiers, and 3 F5 jets. The battle lasted 12 hours which killed 125 Moroccan soldiers, and between the rows of Polisario 500 dead militiamen and 60 vehicles were destroyed.Although the Moroccan armed forces outnumbered, , the Moroccan soldiers managed to win.
With the victory, Lt. Col. Mohamed Ghoujdami, was called "New of the Desert Fox" "the New Desert Fox" in Paris match in 1979.

Moroccan soldiers.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Wich is a more respected empire in general in Morocco, Almoravid ot Almohad empire?
Almohad empire/ al-Muwaḥḥidūn. Their land streched twice the land that almoravid had. All the way from morocco to Libya in the east, and to the north controlling the iberian peninsula.

Nurhak40

Reactions
I am currently playing as the Almohad empire in mk1212 ad mod for total war atilla , and its a huge pain in the ass to keep iberia , portugal castille and navarre all keep attacking me while marinids keep revolting😅

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom