Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
'With a reduced crew size and AI-enabled lethality, survivability, mobility, manned/unmanned teaming (MUM-T) & autonomous capabilities, AbramsX can be a key node in lethal battlefield networks.'

The new generation of Abrams X tanks

-Unmanned tower with automatic feeder

-Hybrid propulsion system (fuel and electric)

-XM360 120mm cannon

-30mm KP RS6 Station

-PASEO optics for commander and shooter

Dmr

Reactions
1 330
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
30mm cannon on a tank as a secondary weapon.I guess we are seeing a new trend here,since it can do the job of a tank and an IFV.
US seems to really like that caliber since they are putting it on everything lately from 4x4 vehicles to tanks,which makes sense considering it's range and power.
On a side note with all the anti tank weapons on modern battlefield (land and air launched) being a part of a tank crew seems like one of the riskiest jobs.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The importance of this project for us is that it sheds light on what updates may be required regarding the Altay T2 and ultimately the T3 configuration. The new generation power pack and the uncrewed turret may be the subject of T3, and it may even be a later stage to bring the promises of the power pack here to Altay. But I think that at least 30x113 stand-alone turret and increasing situational awareness of UAV threats should be among the targets to be revised for T2.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Femn0MsaAAAk_eH

FeoBVcvaEAAE_U_

Femn1j1agAAqapb

Jacop

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
If I was an enemy, I would think too much before blowing up this beauty. Im kidding, of course, but doesn't that seem like a lot of luxury for a battlefield?

Zapper

Experienced member
Reactions
10 766
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
The utilization of UCAVs such as TB2 against mechanized units in recent conflicts along with advancements in anti-tank systems have truly changed how militaries perceive tank warfare and updating their doctrines. Integrating some sort of overhead protection systems is now as crucial as having frontal or side armor for tanks. We'd have to see how these modern tanks like Abrams-x, Rheinmetall KF51, T-14 Armata etc perform against these threats

From an aesthetic standpoint, I still like the KF-51

1665430551276.png

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am I the only one who finds the turret lines of AbramX similar to the turret of the Altay T1?

images.jpeg

Top Bottom