Poll One year anniversary of the Ukraine-Russia war. What will be the long term consequences of this conflict?

How has this war changed the power balance?

• It has shown that NATO is significantly stronger than Russia

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • It has shown that Russia can hold its own against NATO

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • It is just a pure stalemate in terms of capabilities

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Technically yes, NATO has been arming Ukraine with a SHITLOAD of weapons for at least 8 years now, most notoriously :

Humvees

M4 Carbines

E5EHWPGM4JCWFE4WVXCTAXE66E.jpg

Javelin (only 210 of them before the full scale war)

1677538719376.jpeg

Hand me down patrol boats from U.S coast guard which came without armaments (UA navy installed their own 25mm guns later)
1200px-P190_%C2%AB%D0%A1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%27%D1%8F%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%C2%BB.jpg

Yawwnnn the Russians and their excuse. It's almost a sport for people with brains.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 687
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Gary, I think you missed a spot.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 125132.jpg

Although this is just one of many examples I don't think any European country from NATO has this many tanks.

Last edited:

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
* Russia became a Chinese colony. As result of war it is now fully dependent on China. China gets cheap oil, gas and other resources.
* Russian army became a joke. NATO on the rise. Ukraine became a NATO frontier.

Jacop

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
* Russia became a Chinese colony. As result of war it is now fully dependent on China. China gets cheap oil, gas and other resources.
* Russian army became a joke. NATO on the rise. Ukraine became a NATO frontier.

They even announced it to the world in the first days of the war. Russia is just dying right now, both economically, politically and militarily. An ongoing war is exactly what NATO wants right now

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
They even announced it to the world in the first days of the war. Russia is just dying right now, both economically, politically and militarily. An ongoing war is exactly what NATO wants right now
The main rival for the West is China. And this war strengthened China. So I dont think they are happy.

Vol305Sh

Reactions
Nation of residence
Romania
Nation of origin
Ukraine
Good chance no one would want to read this post thoroughly but its for those that are actually concerned about the war than treating it like a sports match. I am sure there will be a lot of people that won't like the shit I will say but here we go.

I disagree with the part that Russia had to go in at full power from the start because the Pentagon and Ukrainians and now Poland admit they were arming Ukraine since 2014 all the way to when the entire war started meaning they had a shitload of equipment already supplied from NATO that I even dare say they have more tanks and missile launchers than either Turkey, Poland or Germany. Of course there are sources where Ukraine claims over 150k dead russians to russians giving a 20k ballpark of their deaths which sounds like less than the 30k+ civilians that got killed in the earthquakes in Turkey(I think they are estimating that more earthquakes will happen in the next 10 years) unless they dont count the Wagner mercenaries that got killed. But if we just look at the current situation its just Wagner doing all the work and they are one of many units the Russians have not used yet in this war. BUT we do know for a fact that NATO's land artillery firepower cant match Russia because they would have supplied Ukrainians with enough to evenly match Russia, not to get their asses currently kicked by convicts realistically speaking.

The purpose of the 500k-700k troops or whatever they said that have not been used yet could be for a spring offensive when the mud clears or presumably if NATO is to get involved. Now the next arguement people will make here is like time is not on Russia's side because Ukraine will get armed more and more with wunderwaffles, etc. However I do not think that is the case.
Probably a little more than in the middle. Almost 100,000 dead Russians, most of which are contract soldiers or elite mercenaries. At the same time, it should be said that not a single NATO soldier died in the war, so Russia here totally lost in dreams of a battle with NATO. That is, against the background of NATO, Russia is weakening very much, losing its best tanks (T-90m), the same Coalitions, Su-35S or Malki. Ukraine is mainly losing Soviet weapons, except perhaps for shells. And in terms of shells, Russia has a shortage of shells, it has spent more than 10 million shells, while Ukraine and NATO have a total of about 3 million. Russia is losing. Meanwhile, Ukraine is much worse off economically, which means nothing to Russia. From the destruction of the economy and cities of Ukraine, the Russian economy will not grow

Top Bottom