Pakistan Pakistan Army News and Discussions

Reactions
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Unfortunately 16th December comes around every year. On a personal note l had family members who were taken POW, one uncle was PIA security officer at Dhaka and another was a Captain in the FF Regt. My uncle passed away last year but he left behind his personal diary from his posting in Dhaka and his 2 years as a POW. it's in urdu and I'm having it translated into English. Should be interesting reading. Of course he has told me a few stories about his time at Dhaka airport.
My father's uncle a capt was also taken as POW. He retired as a col.
He died couple of years back.
RIP.

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 494
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Brigadier Farrukh Bakht Ali, the artillery commander of Army Reserve North in December 1971, who threatened to remove Yahya by force on 19ᵗʰ December 1971, leading to the latter's ouster.

tried and sentenced to life imprisonment by Bhutto in the Attock Conspiracy Case of '73.
20231217_121528.jpg

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 494
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

China's Norinco delivers SH-15 howitzers to Pakistan​

by Kapil Kajal

placeholder-16-9.jpg

Norinco delivered 56 SH-15 155 mm/52 calibre wheeled self-propelled howitzers (SPHs) to the Pakistan Army. The picture shows at least 18 examples of SH-15 with an artillery brigade under the People's Liberation Army Ground Force's 83rd Group Army. (CCTV 7)

China North Industries Group Corporation Limited (Norinco) delivered the second batch of SH-15 155 mm/52 calibre wheeled self-propelled howitzer (SPH) based on a Shaanxi 6×6 truck to the Pakistan Army.

According to images posted on Chinese social media Weibo, Norinco is seen delivering the second batch of 56 SH-15 howitzers to Pakistan in a ceremony. The SH-15 is an export designation of the PCL-181 155 mm wheeled SPH produced by Norinco.

In 2019, Pakistan signed a contract with Norinco to deliver 236 SH-15s. The first batch was delivered in January 2022. The number of howitzers received in the first batch is not known.

On 23 March 2022, the Pakistan Army unveiled its SH-15 howitzer during the Pakistan Day parade held at the Shakarparian Parade Ground in Islamabad, the country's capital.

According to Janes Land Warfare Platforms: Artillery & Air Defence, the SH-15 weighs 22 tonnes and can attain a maximum speed of 90 km/h on road.

The SPH is armed with a 155 mm L52 howitzer provided with a digital fire-control system (FCS). In addition, the SH-15 features a semi-automatic loader.

According to Norinco, the SH-15 is capable of being deployed in a quick-reaction role in the high-plateau region. Norinco said the SH-15 can fire 4–6 rds/min and has a range of 53 km.

Janes

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 494
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The Pakistan Armed Forces has successfully conducted a flight test of the Fatah-II, an indigenous guided multi-launch rocket system (MLRS). A press release from the army’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing stated that the weapon is capable of engaging targets with high precision up to a range of 400 kilometers (249 miles), a considerable jump from the Fatah-I’s 140-kilometer (87 miles) range.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 619
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
The Pakistan Armed Forces has successfully conducted a flight test of the Fatah-II, an indigenous guided multi-launch rocket system (MLRS). A press release from the army’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing stated that the weapon is capable of engaging targets with high precision up to a range of 400 kilometers (249 miles), a considerable jump from the Fatah-I’s 140-kilometer (87 miles) range.
I think soon Fatah-ll will enter in Service, inshallah. It give PAF the Capabillity to hit great Troop Formation in the Desert at long Distances, up to 400 km.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom