Pakistan

1623747783542.png

Pakistan records lowest daily COVID-19 cases since February​

Country reports 1,019 new infections, 33 fatalities​

Aamir Latif | 14.06.2021

Pakistan records lowest daily COVID-19 cases since February
( Muhammed Semih Uğurlu - AA )

KARACHI, Pakistan
Pakistan's daily coronavirus tally continued to drop with the country recording 1,019 new cases over the past 24 hours, the lowest single-day figure since February, the Health Ministry said on Monday.
The South Asian country registered 958 cases on Feb.15.
With the new cases, the total number of infections in the country reached 942,189, with 41,726 active cases, the data showed.
Some, 878,740 people have recovered so far.
The number of daily fatalities from the virus has also declined in the past few weeks, with 34 deaths reported over the past 24 hours, pushing the toll to 21,723 since March 2020.
The government, earlier this month, lifted several lockdown curbs, allowing schools, restaurants, beaches and hair salons to reopen.
However, classes below ninth grade will remain suspended until further orders.
In Pakistan, a country of 207 million population, more than 8.13 million people have gotten their first doses, while more than 2.8 million have been fully vaccinated, according to Our World in Data, a tracking website.
The government plans to vaccinate 70 million people by the end of this year.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Hoping Pakistan recovers from this virus soon and be back on the path to recovery.
Thanks for that positive comment, mate. Frankly we all need get out of this mess. My holiday to Pakistan had to be cancelled after I had booked the ticket back in March because it was placed on red list. I was hoping to visit Pakistan, Turkey, Italy and maybe even delving into Albania and Ukraine.

But alas ...

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Thanks for that positive comment, mate. Frankly we all need get out of this mess. My holiday to Pakistan had to be cancelled after I had booked the ticket back in March because it was placed on red list. I was hoping to visit Pakistan, Turkey, Italy and maybe even delving into Albania and Ukraine.

But alas ...

Yeah, world needs to get out of this mess. Everybody is suffering except for china per se. they are doing good for some mysterious reasons. :D

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom