Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
a22415f2-cc57-11e8-9460-2e07e264bd11_image_hires_162538.jpg
China sells 50 armed drones to Pakistan

Beijing sold 50 armed drones to Pakistan, which Chinese media have described as a nightmare for Indian land formations in the highlands; Because the Indian Army does not have the capacity to respond to New Age weapons.

And Chinese media said that the Indian ground formations would not be able to repel an attack by a large number of armed drones. While the Chinese assertion that Wing Loong IIs are in the African and Asian theater is something to note, Indian military officials point out that armed drones largely operate in undisputed air areas or places where they enjoy air dominance.

Arguing that Chinese and Turkish drones have played a decisive role in the conflicts of Libya, Syria and Azerbaijan by destroying enemy defenses and conventional armor, Chinese media have said that the Indian ground formations will not be able to repel an attack by a large number of armed drones.

The former Indian Air Force commander said the airspace is closely monitored by radars, and armed drones would simply be shot down if they crossed the lines. To ensure that the troops are protected from confrontation weapons, the Indian Army uses the method of massive concrete tunnels to provide defense in the event of a first strike on the frontline.
Source:

A

adenl

Too many for COIN, too little of impact in a conventional war against India. Bad buy.

20 UAV's for COIN and 30 attack helicopter as a first batch with more to come in the future is much better suited for the needs of Pakistan. I guess this buy was forced by the Chinese to make up for the loss of the 30 attack helicopter contract.

Raptor

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I'll take this article as a pinch of salt,in a heavy congested airspace these drones would "NOT" be effective especially when IA is now getting small DeWs systems as solely for anti-drone operation warfare.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arguing that Chinese and Turkish drones have played a decisive role in the conflicts of Libya, Syria and Azerbaijan by destroying enemy defenses and conventional armor
I am sure Chinese drones are just fine but come on it was Turkish drones and Turkish drone warfare doctine (and Israeli drones in the case of Azerbaijan) which have played a decisive role in Libya, Syria and Azerbaijan! kind of silly to use others success for your marketing. the only time we saw Chinese drones in action was in Libya and it was not something worth mentioning.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,318
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are not really good, you can see it in Yemen and Libya.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Tbh i think pakistan's choice was based on geography and weather since wing loong II is the only drone that can reach high atlitudes in the himalayas and has satcom plus it uses deicing system against cold weather

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tbh i think pakistan's choice was based on geography and weather since wing loong II is the only drone that can reach high atlitudes in the himalayas and has satcom plus it uses deicing system against cold weather
If PAF can’t produce the ammunition it’s going to be a very expensive buy. WL2 satcom connection goes through Chinad as I know it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom