Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Discussions on Afghanistan were top of the list.

As expected. I hope mutual work commence between Pakistan and Turkey on the issue. If Taliban are to take the power there is nothing that can be done and negotiations on critical issues like the Kabul Airport operation should be started. I hope with Pakistani authorities assistance good results will come out of the future negotiations connected to Turkish business, humanitarian organizations activities and security cooperation.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
As expected. I hope mutual work commence between Pakistan and Turkey on the issue. If Taliban are to take the power there is nothing that can be done and negotiations on critical issues like the Kabul Airport operation should be started. I hope with Pakistani authorities assistance good results will come out of the future negotiations connected to Turkish business, humanitarian organizations activities and security cooperation.
If Pakistan can align with Uzbekistan and Turkey a solution could be found particularly if Russia, China and Iran can be roped in also. Since the defence minister is in Islamabad we can only assume some major discussions are taking place.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Pakistan can align with Uzbekistan and Turkey a solution could be found particularly if Russia, China and Iran can be roped in also. Since the defence minister is in Islamabad we can only assume some major discussions are taking place.
We discussed briefly before in the Afghan War thread about the possibility of Dostum playing a role in join Turkey-Uzbekistan initiative with US backing. Actually the situation changed. Dostum lost many of his forces to Taliban. He returned but looking ill and with the number of forces on his disposal I am not sure what he can do.

Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Russia are currently conducting large scale exercises. This is not like the ordinary "counter-terrorism and border security" exercises which Uzbekistan and Tajikistan are conducting regularly. I am not sure what is the goal of Russia but they are advocating also for the reactivating of old USSR military bases in these countries. I think these activities are very dangerous for the stability of the region.

Yes there is some level of cooperation between Turkey and Uzbekistan but I am not sure to what extend the alignment is there. Contrary to this I am actually sure that Turkey and Pakistan will reach alignment especially when it comes to a situation that is right on the back yard of Pakistan. I am sure Pakistan and Turkey will reach agreements and results will be seen fast so both countries interests enjoy security in Afghanistan.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Only Turkey and Pakistan can bring peace to Afghanistan.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom