Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
1645613782059.png

Abrams M1A2 SEPv3 Battle Tanks

The United States has approved a possible Foreign Military Sale to Poland of Abrams M1A2 SEPv3 Main Battle Tanks and related equipment for an estimated cost of $6 billion.
The approval came hours after U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III held a News Conference With Polish Minister of National Defense Mariusz Blaszczak in Warsaw, Poland on Thursday morning.
Lloyd J. Austin III said, "In response to Poland's formal request in July of 2021, Secretary Blinken and I have relayed our intent to Congress to offer Poland the opportunity to acquire 250 M1A2 Abrams main battle tanks. The timeframe for delivery of these tanks is currently under discussion. This is the most modern version of the Abrams, and will provide Poland with a highly-advanced tank capability."
Minister Blaszczak said, "I'd like to thank you for the fact that Polish armed forces will be equipped with Abrams tanks."
The deal includes 250 M1A2SEPv3 Abrams Main Battle tanks; 250 AN/VLQ-12 CREW Duke counter-IED systems; 26 M88A2 HERCULES Combat Recovery vehicles; 17 M1110 joint assault bridges; 276 M2 .50 caliber machine guns; 500 M240C 7.62mm machine guns; 15 AGT1500 gas turbine engines; 9,168 120mm M865 Target Practice, Cone Stabilized, Discarding Sabot - Tracer (TPCSDS-T) cartridges; 4,592 120mm M1002 Target Practice Multipurpose Tracer (TPMP-T) projectiles; 13,920 120mm M830A1 High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) TP-T cartridges; and 6,960 120mm XM1147 High Explosive multipurpose tracers.
The principal contractors will be General Dynamics Land Systems, Honeywell Aerospace, Raytheon Company, and Lockheed Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gessler

Contributor
India Moderator
Reactions
38 1,797
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,304
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What's wrong with the Leopards?
I don't think anything is wrong, but Poles wants something top of the line for their army as now they're a frontline NATO state.

The latest M1A2C Poland ordered is much superior than even the latest Leopard II models.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
What's wrong with the Leopards?
I was wondering that myself.

However, the European tank-making industry being intensely competitive as it is, I suppose customers play them off, one against the other, to try and get the 'best' deal.

In these procurements, nobody cares a hoot about maintenance, or parts, or inventory, unless it is screw things up.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom