Recent sales of the national military industry

bartre

Reactions
Nation of residence
Brazil
Topic to document, inform and discuss about the last sales of products from the national military industry to foreign nations.

Last edited:

bartre

Reactions
Nation of residence
Brazil
Turcomenistan adquire Super Tucano (Light attack aircraft // Advanced training)

On 8 December 2020, two Embraer EMB314E Super Tucano's destined for Turkmenistan were noted at São José dos Campos (Brazil).

1607843889895.png

Both light attack aircraft, temporary registrations PT-ZHI (construction number 31400270) and PT-ZHJ (c/n 31400271), are expected to depart to Recife in the northeast of Brazil for their delivery flight to the Turkmenistan Air Force.

source

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Topic to document, inform and discuss about the last sales of the national military industry to foreign nations.
Oh no, is that because of economic crises in Brazil ?

Pres. Bolsanaro is still in power right? As a former officer I can’t imagine he would allow such a thing.

bartre

Reactions
Nation of residence
Brazil
Oh no, is that because of economic crises in Brazil ?

Pres. Bolsanaro is still in power right? As a former officer I can’t imagine he would allow such a thing.
I expressed myself badly. Sorry. The topic is just to inform about vehicles, equipament and other stuff that is build here and exported to the foreign.

The national military industry still alive and improving :p

I don't like the president also, but he is not the problem here.

bartre

Reactions
Nation of residence
Brazil

Elbit Systems Awarded $46 Million Contract to Supply VBTP-MR Guarani to Philippine Army​

Elbit Systems Ltd. announced today that it was awarded a contract valued at approximately $46 million to supply VBTP 6X6 Armored Personnel Carriers (“APCs”) to an Asia-Pacific Army believed to be the Philippine Army. The contract will be performed over a three-year period. As the prime contractor, Elbit Systems will supply the VBTP 6X6 wheeled APCs that were developed by Iveco Defence Vehicles (“Iveco”) in cooperation with the Brazilian Army. The VBTP 6X6 APCs will be equipped with Elbit Systems’ turrets and a range of the Company’s subsystems including electric drive and stabilization systems, fire control systems, TORCH-XTM battle management systems, E-LynXTM software defined radio systems, gunner and commander sights as well as life support systems.

Yehuda (Udi) Vered, General Manager of Elbit Systems Land, commented: “We are pleased with our continuous co-operation with Iveco, particularly with our capacity to contribute to the export efforts of the Brazilian defense industry. We believe that our strong portfolio of subsystems positions us advantageously to lead procurement programs of armored vehicles, especially as the missions they are tasked with become more diverse and increasingly networked.”

1612815695326.png

This is the second major deal signed by Elbit Systems with the Philippines in 2021, after being awarded a contract to supply the Sabrah Light Tank system for the Philippine Army last January 2021. The Sabrah Light Tanks are also equipped with the TORCH-X BMS, E-Lynx SDR, weapons and fire control systems and other equipment from Elbit Systems. Elbit Systems Ltd. is an Israel-based international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.

Top Bottom