Cabatli_53

Experienced member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian bloggers sneaked into MiG-29 fighter jet and MiG-AT advanced trainer final assembly and checkout plant and filmed abandoned fuselages of military aircraft.

Russian Youtuber with Den Stalk nickname has released an incredible video that showed how he with friends crept inside a factory in Moscov that previously produced legendary Soviet MiG-29 Fulcrum fighter jet and Russian MiG-AT advanced trainer and light attack aircraft.

He and his friends sneaked through a hole in the fence and were able to access many of the plant’s buildings unchallenged, including the assembly line of multirole fighters, without coming across a single security guard – or indeed any other employees at all.

The published video shows several fuselages of a rare MiG-AT trainer from an initial series that was developed in 1996. MiG-AT is a Russian advanced trainer that was intended to replace the Aero L-39 of the Russian Air Force. Designed by the Mikoyan Design Bureau and built by the Moscow Aircraft Production Association, the MiG-AT made its first flight in March 1996. It is the first joint aircraft development program between Russia and France and the first military collaborative project between Russia and the West.

MiG-AT-2.jpg
MiG-AT.jpg

Also spotted dozens of MiG-29 radomes made from fiber glass-reinforced plastic, boxes with spare parts and the fuselage of combat aircraft.

MiG-29-5.jpg
MiG-29-4.jpg
MiG-29-2.jpg
MiG-29-1.jpg
134154981_1108499032926238_590986842235966233_o.jpg

In addition, earlier in December 2020, The Drive has reported that unknown thieves have helped themselves to equipment from inside one of the Russian Aerospace Forces’ rare Il-80 Maxdome “doomsday aircraft.” The converted airliner, as a strategic airborne command post in time of nuclear conflict, was at an airfield in southwest Russia when the caper took place.

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Canada Moderator
India Moderator
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Initially thought this was a bald and bankrupt escapade when I saw title heh.

These pics are kind of painful to see though, as I love aircraft and the capital machinery that is behind them

Compare the opportunity costs of that hypothetical w.r.t to the reality of Russia idling/atrophying and even carving out and cannibalising significant proportions of its sector here like ended up happening for nearly 2 decades.

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Canada Moderator
India Moderator
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
What the hell man,the place looks so fucking dirty.

Need to take you on road trip through parts of Detroit....same industrial wasteland. I had look inside couple times in some abandoned factories there, it was enough for a lifetime. These places were humming with activity once upon a time...quite tragic.

BTW, Mig 29 hold special place in my heart....I just realised couple minutes later after this thread, that my die cast 1:200 Mig - 29 that I got when I was just a very young boy (who didn't know a thing about what it was at the time, just that it "flew"!), is still on my table. So its first thing that pops up in my head when I think "fighter".

It must be nearing 30 years old now:

20210217_165701.jpg

It has seen better days like the Migs here on this thread's shop floor....being through all my nonsense with it taking its wear and tear heh.

Canopy was first thing to fall off...I didn't take care of it like I should have in the early years, but I still have it heh.

It was my second aircraft like this...I have a faint memory of a USAF one (thinking back it was likely a super-sabre)...but I lost that one really early somewhere.

The "MIG-29 FULCRUM" and Soviet Air Force star...

20210217_173253.jpg

@anmdt @UkroTurk @Sinan @Saiyan0321 @Joe Shearer @Kaptaan @xenon5434 @Deliorman @#comcom @Madokafc @Indos @VCheng @Paro et al.

Kaptaan

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Need to take you on road trip through parts of Detroit....same industrial wasteland. I had look inside couple times in some abandoned factories there, it was enough for a lifetime. These places were humming with activity once upon a time...quite tragic.

BTW, Mig 29 hold special place in my heart....I just realised couple minutes later after this thread, that my die cast 1:200 Mig - 29 that I got when I was just a very young boy (who didn't know a thing about what it was at the time, just that it "flew"!), is still on my table. So its first thing that pops up in my head when I think "fighter".

View attachment 14447

It has seen better days like the Migs here on this thread's shop floor....being through all my nonsense with it taking its wear and tear heh.

Canopy was first thing to fall off...I didn't take care of it like I should have in the early years, but I still have it heh.

It was my second aircraft like this...I have a faint memory of a USAF one (thinking back it was likely a super-sabre)...but I lost that one really early somewhere.

View attachment 14448

@anmdt @UkroTurk @Sinan @Saiyan0321 @Joe Shearer @Kaptaan @xenon5434 @Deliorman @#comcom @Madokafc @Indos @VCheng @Paro et al.
Amazing. Takes my mind back to 1970s when I was growing up. I was absolutely crazy about Airfix kits. I bought and assembled Spitfire, Hurricane, Dornier, Hienkel and various tanks like Sherman, Tiger, Panther. Assembling the German tanks was a nightmare as the track and wheels were so complicated. I would get glue stuck all over my fingers.

But all the effort was worth it. These models were incredibly realistic. Being nearly 50 years ago sadly I have lost all my collection.

Deliorman

Committed member
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
I find absolutely nothing surprising here because I just know what the Soviet/Russian mentality is. “Perfectionism” and “High quality” have never been part of the dictionary in that part of the planet.

Madokafc

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They should properly disband such facilities if not in use anymore

UkroTurk

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 14447

View attachment 14448

İ couldnt see any top-secret technology and information there. You should see trashes of TurAF, old fighters laying on fields.

VCheng

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
What the hell man,the place looks so fucking dirty.

Because they are abandoned plants?

Detroit looks like an old war zone TBH. Scary. Some residential areas are attempting a comeback, but it is faltering still.

Joe Shearer

Professional
Reaction score
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

View attachment 14447

View attachment 14448

Just try to stay under 200 kmph without that cockpit cover.

Top Bottom