Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kazakhstan is a good partner of Turkish defence institutes in many sector. Aselsan has even opened a electro-optic, thermals and stabilized gun production JV facilities and they are now manufacturing the products for their needs. They are testing Turkish armored vehicles as well. Their Russia origin tanks were upgraded with Turkish optics + Israeli armors. I don't think they will share the secrets of their militry with Russia.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kazakhstan is a good partner of Turkish defence institutes in many sector. Aselsan has even opened a electro-optic, thermals and stabilized gun production JV facilities and they are now manufacturing the products for their needs. They are testing Turkish armored vehicles as well. Their Russia origin tanks were upgraded with Turkish optics + Israeli armors. I don't think they will share the secrets of their militry with Russia.
The problem isn't that they'd want to share with Russia. I'm sure most of them wouldn't.

The problem is that if Russia wanted to obtain sensitive info about Turkish products, it'll be much easier for it to get it from Kazakhstan, either by espionage or bribery.

Let's not forget that there is a huge Russian minority in Kazakhstan as citizens, and I'm sure that Russia can find some loyal to the "Russian Motherland" still amongst them.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,108
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Russia tries to steal your Bayraktar secrets while in you land, I just don't think some sensitive equipment will be save in Kazakhstan, a CSTO member

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom