News Saudi Crown Prince personally approved Khashoggi murder says US report - BBC News

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A US intelligence report has concluded that Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally approved the murder of the exiled journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018. He was killed while visiting the Saudi consulate in the Turkish city of Istanbul. The declassified intelligence report says Prince Salman approved a plan to either "capture or kill" Khashoggi, who had criticised the Saudi regime. It’s the first time America has publicly named the crown prince, who has denied ordering the murder. Sophie Raworth presents BBC News at Ten reporting by North America correspondent Nick Bryant.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
US government will use it like a stick. I think they'll need to pay more. Billions of dollars in military and commercial purchases will not be surprising in the near future.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why the US is being so harsh on Saudis.
They don't really need this to do whatever the US asks them, they do it anyway!

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder would this cause Saudis to slowly shift towards our side and fulfill Erdogans wet fantasies?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I doybt it. KSA will just need to diversify their suppliers until their own arms industry gets up and running. I believe ucav and uav would be good enough for domestic production and even MAM. They’re not in territorial dispute as I know it.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
23 2,027
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A typical US blackmail. Again! Let's see what they want this time.

Top Bottom