Breaking News Several killed and number of injured in bow and arrow attack in Norway

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Messages
2,601
Reaction score
9,074
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Several killed in bow and arrow attack in Norway​

Police say suspect has been apprehended after attack in town of Kongsberg, 50 miles from Oslo

1634152656049.png
Police said the suspect was acting alone. Composite: The Guardian Design Team

Several people have been killed and others injured by a man who opened fire with a bow and arrows in a town in Norway, according to local police.

The suspect was apprehended after the attack late on Wednesday in the town of Kongsberg, 50 miles (80km) south-west of the capital, Oslo, a police spokesperson said.



“The man has been apprehended ... from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone,” the police chief, Øyvind Aas, told reporters. “Several people have been injured and several are dead.”

He declined to comment on the number of casualties.

More details soon …

 

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Founding Member
Messages
5,808
Reaction score
13,107
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Several killed in bow and arrow attack in Norway​

Police say suspect has been apprehended after attack in town of Kongsberg, 50 miles from Oslo

View attachment 33494
Police said the suspect was acting alone. Composite: The Guardian Design Team

Several people have been killed and others injured by a man who opened fire with a bow and arrows in a town in Norway, according to local police.

The suspect was apprehended after the attack late on Wednesday in the town of Kongsberg, 50 miles (80km) south-west of the capital, Oslo, a police spokesperson said.



“The man has been apprehended ... from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone,” the police chief, Øyvind Aas, told reporters. “Several people have been injured and several are dead.”

He declined to comment on the number of casualties.

More details soon …

Composit bow isn’t considered arms, so anyone can get their hands on them. Even from used online sales.
 

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Founding Member
Messages
5,808
Reaction score
13,107
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Penetrated into family members' homes last year and threatened to kill: Here is what we know about a 37-year-old Danish killer in Norway​

Norwegian police are investigating a possible terrorist motive after a Danish citizen with a bow and arrow, among other things, killed four women and a man in Kongsberg in southeastern Norway on Wednesday evening.

A Danish man has been charged with attacking the Norwegian town of Kongsberg with a bow and arrow. Five people have been killed. Video: Reuters / Ritzau Scanpix Editing: Joachim Christian Valentin Werner



The Danish man, who was arrested on Thursday night after killing five people with a bow and arrow in the town of Kongsberg in Norway, is known to Norwegian police.

It appears from information from Norwegian court documents that Berlingske has read, and from information about the case from the Norwegian police.

On May 29, 2020, the now 37-year-old man broke into the homes of family members and refused to leave the place, even though they asked him to, shows a so-called restraining order, which the local police chief subsequently issued against the man.

The Norwegian court document describes that the man in the family members' home came with threats that he would kill one of the family members and that he left a Colt revolver caliber 4.5 millimeters on a sofa before leaving the place. The family members judged the revolver to be genuine and perceived it as a threat.

Subsequently, the now 37-year-old man was banned from contacting or seeking out family members. It does not appear from the court documents what subsequently happened to the revolver, and the man was apparently not convicted of illegal possession of a weapon.

According to Berlingske's information, there are only two cases on the man in the Norwegian legal system. One deals with the restraining order and the case of the revolver and the death threat from 2020.

The second case is from 2012, when he was sentenced to 60 days probation for a number of minor crimes, which he confessed without reservation:

He broke into a museum, smashed several windows and stole "a key with a stone pendant". He bought about two grams of hashish on a Saturday night. He smoked the hash he had bought.

On Thursday night, he then killed five people in the town where he himself has a postal address, Kongsberg in Norway.

The massacre in Kongsberg​

The Norwegian police have just stated at a press conference that the first report that something was completely wrong in Kongsberg, arrived on Wednesday evening at 18.13. When police came in contact with the perpetrator at 6.18pm, officers were shot with arrows.

The 37-year-old man managed to escape until 6.47pm, when he was apprehended. Several of the five killed - possibly all - were killed in the intervening half hour.

Norwegian police confirm that the perpetrator has used several weapons, but will not answer whether they are firearms or knives, as this is part of the investigation. However, police say all five killed - four women and one man - were shot. The five were aged 50 to 70 years. In addition, the perpetrator injured two people who, according to police, are out of life danger.

It will take time before it can be clarified whether the killings can be called terror. The motive is not clear, senior police officer Ole Bredrup Sæverud explained at the press conference. Here he confirmed that the perpetrator has converted to Islam, just as he stated that the perpetrator has shown signs of radicalization.

He added at the press conference that in 2021 Norwegian authorities have not received worried inquiries about the man.

The police currently do not suspect that others participated or in any other way influenced the perpetrator, but this is still being investigated, Ole Bredrup Sæverud stated at the press conference. He also asked for understanding that the police can not yet provide many details about the massacre in Kongsberg.

_______________________________

"Converted to Islam".....
 
Top Bottom