Live Conflict Military Operations Syria

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As a previous commentator stated it, the Syrian blunder is a one in hundreds year fatal mistake that was done. This is a turning point in our history. If we don’t take decisive actions now, the costs in future will be unbearable and the beginning of a dissolution in which we’d probably get into a 50 years of a collapse phase. If that phase is managed well, we may re-emerge as a more homogeneous and advanced nation, albeit smaller. Otherwise we won’t be a Turkic nation anymore.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I think that this operation is very different from before, because the Turks are freely targeting by air, YPG as well as Asad forces in the proposed operation area. Also they are not so concerned about the Russians and Americans in the area.

What does this mean and how is it different from before?

Regarding the Russians, I think that previously they were concerned about being shot down by Russian jets or SAMs. Perhaps they don’t see them as a threat anymore because of Russian performance in Ukraine. Also Turkish SAMs could now be operational.

Regarding the US: I think because of the fact that they abandoned their bases previously because of the Turkish offensive and also the fact that they left them to the Russians - the Turks feel that they will do the same again. But this time they are more valuable to the US because of the Ukraine conflict.

All that said, the fact that the YPG can be targeted, regardless of the presence of Russian or Americans means that they no longer have a safe haven in Northern Syria. But this should be pushed to include any part of PKK occupied Syria.

Whether or not a ground offensive takes place, I think that it is most important that all YPG/PKK infrastructure is targeted continuously covering all of their operational area in Syria.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to some sources, Russia has sent reinforcement to Tell Rıfat and Kobani. However, other reliable sources are reporting that the regime did send just a symbolic amount of fighters to the north. Conflicting reports.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Isis always becomes big news every time Turkey wants to strike the PKK. Isis is always used to the benefit of the PKK and to the harm of Turkey. Like they say pay attention to who benefits. The biggest losers from Isis was Turkey and the legitimate syrian rebellion, the biggest winner are the PKK, Assad/Iran, Russia, USA and Isreal.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I said, There is a 90% chance that there will be no operation in Syria
I did say before that both Russia and USA are exerting phenomenal pressure on Turkey and are promising severe sanctions

There is no need to explain anything to US, or Russia. That point is long past. Every discussion, slightest hesitation is a bad signal now. They will increase the pressure. We need to make them face the decision: Can they afford to lose Türkiye for the next 50 years? US needs to decide what is the potential gain to them by supporting the pkk. In my opinion, nothing. So give them both 48 hours to draw their personel, and that'd be it.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any burden of that operation needs to be born by the current generation, because the mistake was done in their time. We cannot defer the resolution of this issue to next generations...

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
These are some good points

Whilst I heavily Dislike Assad at the time I was against Turkeys heavy response at the initial stage of the Syrian revolt in the summer of 2011

It contridicted the "zero problems" policy & couldnt fathom why AKP did not send Davutoglu to Damascus to negotiate with both sides instead of almost immeadiatley reacting by closing relations with President Assad.

I also did not understand why Turkish goverment was so quick to rush to the same side of France & USA who both were sponsoring the PKK at the time both covertly & overtly.

Would it be fair to say that Davutoglu & Gulen wealded much influence ovdr AKP at the time?

Where does the hizmet movement begin and where does it end? Nearly the entire top level of AK party were feto members, these guys can still operate freely in Turkey like davutoglu and babacan.

We will never get a serious investigation into this organisation within Turkey and its effects on the state. We still don't know what their hundreds of thousands of members are doing today within Turkey.

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where does the hizmet movement begin and where does it end? Nearly the entire top level of AK party were feto members, these guys can still operate freely in Turkey like davutoglu and babacan.

We will never get a serious investigation into this organisation within Turkey and its effects on the state. We still don't know what their hundreds of thousands of members are doing today within Turkey.
Can you provide a proof for your claim that Davutoğlu & Babacan being FETÖ members?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Usa told pkk/ypg that if the Turks attack they wont fight the Turks on their behalf but will place sanctions and diplomatic isolation along with embargoes.

Piece of shits. The length the usa goes to protect its terrorist proxies.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Can you provide a proof for your claim that Davutoğlu & Babacan being FETÖ members?

If your looking for signed documentation and secret initiation footage then no. But if your looking for a compelling argument that takes into account their history, their actions and their affiliates then yes. But that's time consuming.

However, in the case of Babacan and Abdullah Gul, those two are pretty much British stooges. Abdullah Gul is a member of various British aristocratic orders and despite never telling anyone verbally he showed the world he was if you understand the symbols on display. That means he's made allegiance to British empire. And i say empire because the royal class still consider themselves an empire in their fraternal orders.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa7fabfd3-ed9c-357c-896c-661abc61cfd1.jpg

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Usa told pkk/ypg that if the Turks attack they wont fight the Turks on their behalf but will place sanctions and diplomatic isolation along with embargoes.

Piece of shits. The length the usa goes to protect its terrorist proxies.

We have to move, no good letting the cancer continue to grow. I just hope the Turkish people have been educated enough over what they are facing.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
There is no need to explain anything to US, or Russia. That point is long past. Every discussion, slightest hesitation is a bad signal now. They will increase the pressure. We need to make them face the decision: Can they afford to lose Türkiye for the next 50 years? US needs to decide what is the potential gain to them by supporting the pkk. In my opinion, nothing. So give them both 48 hours to draw their personel, and that'd be it.
You have got it wrong mate!
Politics is dirty; way too dirty

Certainly, USA and Russia cant afford to lose Turkey for the next "50" years! However, what does the term "lose" mean anyway? Will Turkey cut relations with either or both countries? Impossible mate

As much as I hate to put you down in the dumps, but both Russia and US are quite strong regarding Turkey! Russian gas is the sole reason for why Turkey can even function during this period of economic contraction and the US can easily throw Turkey into a situation similar to Iran; by then, what will the operation in Syria do? Just look at Germany; the moment you close the tap of the Russian gas, the moment the German economy started to collapse! No one can replace Russia's dominant role in the energy market for the next 20 years at least.

Moreover, the US got Turkey in the bag for the next 100 years mate! How long will Erdogan rule? Till 2023 or 2029 max! After that, who do you think will rule Turkey? Iam 100% sure it will be a Pro-US individual and this means that all the stuff Turkey did to stop the PKK for the last 6 years will be erased with the signature of the then-Prime Minister or President to retreat from Syria

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have got it wrong mate!
Politics is dirty; way too dirty

Certainly, USA and Russia cant afford to lose Turkey for the next "50" years! However, what does the term "lose" mean anyway? Will Turkey cut relations with either or both countries? Impossible mate

As much as I hate to put you down in the dumps, but both Russia and US are quite strong regarding Turkey! Russian gas is the sole reason for why Turkey can even function during this period of economic contraction and the US can easily throw Turkey into a situation similar to Iran; by then, what will the operation in Syria do? Just look at Germany; the moment you close the tap of the Russian gas, the moment the German economy started to collapse! No one can replace Russia's dominant role in the energy market for the next 20 years at least.

Moreover, the US got Turkey in the bag for the next 100 years mate! How long will Erdogan rule? Till 2023 or 2029 max! After that, who do you think will rule Turkey? Iam 100% sure it will be a Pro-US individual and this means that all the stuff Turkey did to stop the PKK for the last 6 years will be erased with the signature of the then-Prime Minister or President to retreat from Syria

It will be civil war.

People underestimate how much power the Turkish Armed Forces have especially when the homeland and interests are threatened.

Not a civil war but a coup.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
It will be civil war.

People underestimate how much power the Turkish Armed Forces have especially when the homeland and interests are threatened.

Not a civil war but a coup.

dealing with Syria today is far easier then dealing with cyprus back in 1974. Back then we had the soviet union, england and france all threatening to declare war on us should we stop the greek genocide of Turkish cypriots.

Top Bottom