News Syrian student ranks first in Turkish high school entrance exam

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
1625594043007.png

A Syrian student has ranked first in Turkey's nationwide high school entrance exam known as the LGS, a statement from his school announced Wednesday.

The Selahaddin Eyyubi Imam Hatip Secondary School in southeastern Siirt province’s Kurtalan district congratulated the student, Dlyar Safo in the tweet.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I'm not really sure how much Daily Sabah can be trusted here, considering that I saw at least one leaked video of a refugee admitting that they were given exam answers ahead of time but if it was fair, good on him I guess.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,971
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kids can be educated the biggest problem I have is refugee adults not doing shit.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
The youth in Turkey is complaining about everything, loosing hopes and perspectives for the future but at least a Syrian got first place, lets report that thats what the youth wants to read good job sabah.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I suppose there no inch of possibility that the kid indeed is smart and acomplished result by its own merit, incredible reasoning....

Deztructoid

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The youth in Turkey is complaining about everything, loosing hopes and perspectives for the future but at least a Syrian got first place, lets report that thats what the youth wants to read good job sabah.
You don't get to talk shit about Turkish youth complaining about their lives when you're living in switzerland

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Mate that method of thinking is wrong (no offense)
You say that the Turkish youth are losing hope and perspectives for the future. If so, then what about that syrian kid? He doesnt have a home, he doesnt have a state, his relatives may be blown into pieces by rockets and artiller fire in his own country, racism against syrians in turkey is rising, All of his memories are gone and yet he strived for what he wanted.
Losing hope isnt an excuse or a justifiable pretext to explain why they couldnt do it
At least turkish youth has family and blood relatives, have homes and a country they can return to, and they shouldnt worry about bombing every night

This news should try to force turkish youth to face the odds or it will all be in vain. They should take him as an inspiration instead of saying fabricated news. Iam not saying it is 100% not fabricated but it is a valid plausible occurence and may happen

Apple founder was Syrian in origin
Many geniuses in the western world were of arab descent

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You don't get to talk shit about Turkish youth complaining about their lives when you're living in switzerland
That is a wrong mentality
If we went with this thought, then 60% of the ppl here wont talk about anything

It doesnt matter where you live in as long as there is some sort of contribution to the forum (without needlessly offending anyone)

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,966
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I dont get the negativity in here.

If Turkey wasnt feeding 10 million refugees in which most don't even bother to learn the Turkish language then i would be with you. But as it, people have become sick and tired of the millions on millions of refugees who don't offer anything. Hence they see this article for the cheap imam hatip style properganda it is.

For example when syrian refugees murder someone or rape a girl, not only is not reported but if it reported that news site is made to take the articles down.

Turkey is rotting away under AK party.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,966
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I remember the last i was in Turkey, i spent some time in Fatih district. The entire place is filled with Syrian refugees, in a week of staying there i didn't run into one arab refugee who spoke Turkish. Many of them had been in Turkey for years even running businesses like restaurants and what not.

I remember walking into a restaurant and everything was in arabic, i asked him in Turkish what the price was for something in Turkish and he looked at me in disgust, like speaking Turkish was insult to him.

To think the arab fled syria like a coward and didn't fight for his country, meanwhile he found safety and sanctity in Turkey only to be disgusted when someone spoke Turkish to him.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You say that the Turkish youth are losing hope and perspectives for the future. If so, then what about that syrian kid? He doesnt have a home, he doesnt have a state, his relatives may be blown into pieces by rockets and artiller fire in his own country, racism against syrians in turkey is rising, All of his memories are gone and yet he strived for what he wanted.
Losing hope isnt an excuse or a justifiable pretext to explain why they couldnt do it
At least turkish youth has family and blood relatives, have homes and a country they can return to, and they shouldnt worry about bombing every night

This news should try to force turkish youth to face the odds or it will all be in vain. They should take him as an inspiration instead of saying fabricated news. Iam not saying it is 100% not fabricated but it is a valid plausible occurence and may happen

My post has nothing to do with a Syrian im saying that Sabah as the goverment mouthpiece it is, is not reporting the dissatisfaction of the youth in Turkey, but makes this news as some sort of a sensation, good on the Syrian kid but there are more important topics at the hand now.

In Turkey a degree is not more worth than a toilet paper these days, not only did AKP fuck up the education system even more but with the degrees you get you wont even get a job when you dont have someone backing you up or you not being member to ruling party.

Turkey is having a huge brain drain and the goverment lackeys even cheer that with saying ''good, the leftists traitors are leaving'' good luck with things like TFX or sending a probe to moon with millions of imam hatip graduates...
Turkey under AKP made backward steps that wont be fixed in the next two generation in every possible field but thats what the majority choose after all so who am i to complain.

Im done with this topic, happy celebration to you guys, a Syrian got first place, all problems will be solved now.

L

LegionnairE

@xenon5434

Brother,
I didn't get the irony either when I first read your post.

If taken literally it looks like you're blaming the Turkish youth and congratulating sabah :ROFLMAO:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Steve Jobs had a Syrian father and a Swiss mother and was raised entirely in America in an adoptive Western family. His mother flat-out left his father in Syria and went to San Francisco where she gave birth to the boy and then gave him to Paul and Clara Jobs for adoption. His father and the Syrian side of his family were essentially irrelevant to Steve, as harsh as that sounds. This is a fair bit different to someone raised as a Syrian. Additionally, no. Many geniuses in the Western world were of Western descent. Guys like Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Lord Kelvin, Alan Turing, etc, not an Arab among them.

If it was an honest effort on the behalf of the kid, good on him. I think education is something that should be open to everyone. However, there are two issues, one is that this is coming from one of these religious-fueled educational institutions, which are unreliable at best and two, it's coming from the Daily Sabah, who are a government mouthpiece and have an obvious agenda. You need to read between the lines with them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,971
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Steve Jobs had a Syrian father and a Swiss mother and was raised entirely in America in an adoptive Western family. His mother flat-out left his father in Syria and went to San Francisco where she gave birth to the boy and then gave him to Paul and Clara Jobs for adoption. His father and the Syrian side of his family were essentially irrelevant to Steve, as harsh as that sounds. This is a fair bit different to someone raised as a Syrian.

Additionally, no. Many geniuses in the Western world were of Western descent. Guys like Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Lord Kelvin, Alan Turing, etc, not an Arab among them.

Steve Jobs insulted the Turks. Look up the story of a Turkish tourist guide who made them tour the Hagia Sophia.

Remember this prick was brainwashed by his Armenian step mother.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,971
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good for this Syrian Kid unlike the syrian men who fled and are smoking shisha on the beaches.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom