Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Antelope air defense system is an indigenous design from Taiwan’s National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (NCSIST). Deployed on trucks, each system consists of four Sky Sword I (TC-1) missiles. It is comparable to the Chaparral system made by the United States.

T

Turko

The Antelope air defense system is an indigenous design from Taiwan’s National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (NCSIST). Deployed on trucks, each system consists of four Sky Sword I (TC-1) missiles. It is comparable to the Chaparral system made by the United States.

Does it need a tracking radar except searching radar?

I wonder if it is possible that those missiles in vertical tubes and cold launched . İmagine our Bozdoğan missiles in canister and pressured for cold launch. Then they are connected with MAR-D radar. So we would have compact SAM system which requires ordinary mass produced parts and technology which made in Turkey. Just Bozdoğan missiles with MAR-D radar which wouldnt require extra efforts.

Being cold launched , it would be safest point defence SAM and economically reasonable for compact naval vessels.

"Chaparral "predecessor of Antelope SAM.

1624212148734.png

1624212293929.png

1624214592728.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does it need a tracking radar except searching radar?

I wonder if it is possible that those missiles in vertical tubes and cold launched . İmagine our Bozdoğan missiles in canister and pressured for cold launch. Then they are connected with MAR-D radar. So we would have compact SAM system which requires ordinary mass produced parts and technology which made in Turkey. Just Bozdoğan missiles with MAR-D radar which wouldnt require extra efforts.

Being cold launched , it would be safest point defence SAM and economically reasonable for compact naval vessels.

"Chaparral "predecessor of Antelope SAM.

Range'll be limited due to their size for SAM. There is already extensive connection between the Hisar series missiles and the Bozdogan family. They just adding other parts to the lego.. I would like to remind you that the SeaRam equivalent development project has been announced.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,446
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Kartal1 Bro LNA is Turkey backed side? I don't know a lot about Libyans.

Look they made own Antelope/Spyder SAM system with Russian A2A missiles.

View attachment 23759

Guys we need to make Bozdoğan based SAM systems.

If we had a modern mobile SAM system like the NASAMS concept during western Libya campaign. Our T155 etc. crew had to hide under bridges, buildings to avoid UAVs. If we had a truck mounted mobile SAM that we could had easily use in urban areas. It would had helped a lot. There is still need for it.

T

Turko

Those old IR guided A2A missiles usually without datalink moreover you don't need a dedicated search and tracking radar. Another ground radar detects the target, you engage with E/O that's all.

Kinda long range stinger with larger warhead and seeker.

Remember the first Bozdoğan missile which was tested , didn't have datalink. I guess they are cheaper.

T

Turko

As we started discussing A-A missiles converting into SAMs , i would like to keep posting great Brazilian examples of them.

MAA-1 piranha IR guided A-A missiles mounted on Oerlikon KDA 35mm .
Note that Türkish Army has Kasap and also has just ordered a lot of them.

SIMDABA 2.jpg

e8676aebc512t.jpg

Maa1sindaba3.jpg

Chinese PL-9c SHORAD

The SAM system uses PL-9 air-to-air missiles
1624571861351.png

1624572016752.png

1624572077415.png

1624572050795.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom