Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
How does your brother view American Police Training and their counterparts in general on other forums I have interacted with folks from Europe some are pretty critical of American Police training for being too quick and cheap at times
He is not critical of US police. You will be surprised cops tend to have professional camaraderie like most unformed organizations. At end of day it is a profession that entails risk even in UK. Also we got to keep in mind police forces tend to reflect the societies they police. Since US has differant dynamic you can't expect the same police structures.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
To give you a idea of this camaraderie I have seen pictures of him on holiday hanging around with Maltese, Spanish, Turkish and French police officers. His wife complains everytime they go on holiday he makes a beeline for the local cops and they end up have banter/sharing their methods etc

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Formme this ismfully justified decision based on core principles of usa state, land of equal opportunities and personal liberties, all otjer liberal responsibility and control mumbo jumbo is highky hyporitical.
Regarding this fact and pshilogical menthality of domestic people i expect acctully that the crime rates will become lower then today. Of course there will be higher anxiety effect in general but somewhere you get, somewhere you loose.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
It doesn't happen nearly as much as the media inflates it considering there are hundreds of millions of guns here you would expect a lot more mass shootings. Maybe 0.1% of lawful gun owners end up using them in a illegal manner.

Mass shootings get the most attention even its rare. No one really cares about daily gun violence. The fact that you can get killed by a random person going on a rampage is shocking. Since kids, families etc. get killed it's a lot relatable for people.

I think top reason for mass shootings is American individualist culture. Look at western European countries that have as or even more individualist cultures, access to firearms. Yet shootings rarely occur. Main reason being that they have a lot more closely-knit societies. That allows for direct/indirect social controls.

Lack of social conformity, violent culture, way too easy access to firearms, media giving too much attention to shooters. All combination of these.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Mass shootings get the most attention even its rare. No one really cares about daily gun violence. The fact that you can get killed by a random person going on a rampage is shocking. Since kids, families etc. get killed it's a lot relatable for people.

I think top reason for mass shootings is American individualist culture. Look at western European countries that have as or even more individualist cultures, access to firearms. Yet shootings rarely occur. Main reason being that they have a lot more closely-knit societies. That allows for direct/indirect social controls.

Lack of social conformity, violent culture, way too easy access to firearms, media giving too much attention to shooters. All combination of these.
I theorize there is an association with homogeneous differences as well.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom