Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,307
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
All nice and beautiful, but how effective and against what weaponry are they effective? Can they reliably Jam AIM-120A/B/C's, R-27/77 and MICA RF?

It doesn't work like that, ther are tactics to work on. Bleed the missile and dive from high to low altitude, no single system can protect you against a missile. Even the F35 will not able, to understand you can watch. Air to air engagement works like ground to air.

yakusha

Reactions
Website
www.turkdefence.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Perhaps E/O 'CATS' could be used like IRST?
it will never be used like that, of course for close range may be, but when IRST able to see 100km away, CATS type of system has 3-4 times less range at best scenario, because IRST is specifically designed for that and search for a wide range of area... what if your camera look at down to look for ground targets?

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
A single or twin engine UCAV is also possible. Imagine an Akıncı with twice the power.
MIUS need to use twin engine to carry 1 TON with my calculations to be honest.. thinking it will use 25kn Ukranian engine

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MIUS need to use twin engine to carry 1 TON with my calculations to be honest.. thinking it will use 25kn Ukranian engine
This is a totally different engine than the TS1400 and the plane is different too. What I mean is a high altitude plane HALE, that can hit 60.000 with relatively smaller payload and with long endurance.

MIUS can both be single or twin engine, it will depend on the mission profiles and it must be changing over time.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
This is a totally different engine than the TS1400 and the plane is different too. What I mean is a high altitude plane HALE, that can hit 60.000 with relatively smaller payload and with long endurance.

MIUS can both be single or twin engine, it will depend on the mission profiles and it must be changing over time.
you really think that i dont know their difference? i just compare with American drones and their engine, their weight... when you try to have a 5th generation drone, it also end up with lots of drag, just look at the f135 and f110 engine and f35 and f16. so its not fair to compare it with just engine power.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
you really think that i dont know their difference? i just compare with American drones and their engine, their weight... when you try to have a 5th generation drone, it also end up with lots of drag, just look at the f135 and f110 engine and f35 and f16. so its not fair to compare it with just engine power.
No offense. We were talking in the context of TS1400 engine which only serves propeller planes other than helicopters. A jet plane derailed the context out of the TS1400 engine. I wouldn't discuss different topics in the same post.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom