Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The pictures are of the cockpit-front; the engine nacelle, the empennage, the wings, skin sections and the undercarriage are the missing large parts of the plane that must be being built separately to be integrated afterwards.

Jacop

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
it is interesting that a fighter that has not yet been assembled is participating in the malaysian tender. So you have a hope?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
it is interesting that a fighter that has not yet been assembled is participating in the malaysian tender. So you have a hope?
Hürjet is already up to Malaysian requirements, it is only a matter of time to meet their deadlines. There is also the engine issue which the US is the party for. If the US want out they want out of many other things bearing consequences.

Gamal

Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt

This is the question on my mind.

Hürjet is already up to Malaysian requirements, it is only a matter of time to meet their deadlines. There is also the engine issue which the US is the party for. If the US want out they want out of many other things bearing consequences.

Specifications are only on paper. Do you think that this specs will be realized quickly? Beause test process will take long time

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is the question on my mind.

Specifications are only on paper. Do you think that this specs will be realized quickly? Beause test process will take long time
There is no guaranties that the plane will come out perfectly from production but hopes are high as there is the other plane, the TFX being worked on and the experiences learned working on several projects in the same time period can pay off as quick maturation of projects.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,692
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Going back to Turkish bid on Malaysian light attack aircraft; the main 2 advantages of choosing Hurjet would be, cost and TOT.
Malaysia will be involved in part producing an aircraft. That is what they want in the first place. I can’t see any other bidders prepared to share what Turkey is prepared to give. It will be a learning curve for both parties. Cost wise, as they will be getting know how at the cost of planes, they are in a win-win situation.
It all depends on how much Malaysians really want to be part of the production. Is it a risk they would be ready to take? We will see!
As per @Zafer ’s comments on engine; That is a hurdle that needs to be clarified before any of the above can even be thought of.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Without even having a plane in hand and without even flown the plane, we are bidding to produce and sell a plane to Malaysia.
That sounds absurd and crazy. But these 18 planes that we are bidding for, will allow us to try out and produce a light attack plane.
Hurjet was originally a trainer aircraft for preparing our pilots to 5th generation F35 and MMU/TFX. It was also going to be produced as a CAS or Light Attack Plane. But that was going to come at a later stage.
Now Malaysians want planes that are light attack crafts. That means we need to produce prototypes that will serve as fighters. All the merrier! At least we are now pushed to produce modern light attack aircraft!
No, it does not. If deals occurs it only show how great thirst of muslim nations is for no strings attachment for advanced equipment.
Hurjet is perfect platform for road paving just need little bit more patience with engine issues, sadly that can not be rushed.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,692
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, it does not. If deals occurs it only show how great thirst of muslim nations is for no strings attachment for advanced equipment.
Hurjet is perfect platform for road paving just need little bit more patience with engine issues, sadly that can not be rushed.
Actually it does sound crazy and absurd. I wouldn’t buy a house from a builder who has never built a complete house before. At this day and age I wouldn’t even buy a motor car if I haven’t seen it or test driven it even if it is from a well known brand.
But what we are saying to the Malaysians is; We know how to build the house. We have done this with outside help before. We have the means and know how to build it -sans engine- . Why don’t you come along and be a partner in this endeavour with us? We believe in ourselves. Why don’t you believe in us as well?
Is that going to be enough to sway them our direction? We will see!

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Actually it does sound crazy and absurd. I wouldn’t buy a house from a builder who has never built a complete house before. At this day and age I wouldn’t even buy a motor car if I haven’t seen it or test driven it even if it is from a well known brand.
But what we are saying to the Malaysians is; We know how to build the house. We have done this with outside help before. We have the means and know how to build it -sans engine- . Why don’t you come along and be a partner in this endeavour with us? We believe in ourselves. Why don’t you believe in us as well?
Is that going to be enough to sway them our direction? We will see!
I get that but commercial stuff is all different thing in comparation with military products, it is fact that Turkyie in last decade emerged as reliable and heavily standardized producer of military toys when you mingle that with high volume of goodwill in muslim countries then it does not sound so edgy, i am pretty sure Malaysians are aware of those facts even if they are concerned they can put it easily on side because of deals structure with other countries sellers, i am pretty sure that has not changed much from colonial times when they sold natives useless products for huge wealth in return. So, if you look from that angle suddenly it does not seem absurd and crazy.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,692
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I get that but commercial stuff is all different thing in comparation with military products, it is fact that Turkyie in last decade emerged as reliable and heavily standardized producer of military toys when you mingle that with high volume of goodwill in muslim countries then it does not sound so edgy, i am pretty sure Malaysians are aware of those facts even if they are concerned they can put it easily on side because of deals structure with other countries sellers, i am pretty sure that has not changed much from colonial times when they sold natives useless products for huge wealth in return. So, if you look from that angle suddenly it does not seem absurd and crazy.
Different angles of approach! That is what we are doing.
If we can persuade them, great. They haven’t got much to lose really, apart from time. It is a win-win situation for them. They will end up with a modern light attack jet fighter at a good price if it comes out as we planned, on top of having learned how it is built. If it doesn’t work out, we will lose more than them.
But the engine issue is the key here. “Once bitten twice shy” ! We need to address that and sort it out before going further.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Different angles of approach! That is what we are doing.
If we can persuade them, great. They haven’t got much to lose really, apart from time. It is a win-win situation for them. They will end up with a modern light attack jet fighter at a good price if it comes out as we planned, on top of having learned how it is built. If it doesn’t work out, we will lose more than them.
But the engine issue is the key here. “Once bitten twice shy” ! We need to address that and sort it out before going further.
I am optimist and pretty confident that Hurjet is already success story, sometimes i have feeling that Turks underestimate themselfs due overthinking and exposure to the numerous propaganda and past narratives. if you look without prejudice on other platforms processes and institutions behind those i do not see any particular reason for unhealthy concern. it is time of harvest for you.
and yes you are right with last remark, right now it is Achilles' heel for your overall military products but only in sense of availability at the moment but as you are aware you already work on domestic solutions, that could be crash point for sure, hopefully already covered behind curtains as short term gap measure.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet Evolution

Hürjet P1 2017 vs Hürjet P1 2022

1641853928613.png

1641854043717.png

The Previous Dates

1641854177076.png

Note! The Hürjet Program is facing a delay of ca. 13 Months.

This Timeline suggest a production time for Hürjet Prototype 1 of ca. 20 Months after that 6 Months of Ground Testing followed by the First Flight.
- In order for P1 to Fly in 03/2023 it would need to Rollout around 10/2022 which means they have 10 Months to assemble the P1 which seems doable.

The Hürjet P2 (CAS Variant) is to Start Production 9 Months later than P1 and is to be Finished the same time P1 has its First Flight.
- In order for P2 to Rollout in 03/2023 it would need to Start Production around 04/2022.

1641855474541.png

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,692
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet Evolution

View attachment 38357
View attachment 38358

The Previous Dates

View attachment 38359

This Timeline suggest a production time for Hürjet Prototype 1 of ca. 20 Months after that 6 Months of Ground Testing followed by the First Flight.
- In order for P1 to Fly in 03/2023 it would need to Rollout around 10/2022 which means they have 10 Months to assemble the P1 which seems doable.

The Hürjet P2 (CAS Variant) is to Start Production 9 Months later than P1 and is to be Finished the same time P1 has its First Flight.
- In order for P2 to Rollout in 03/2023 it would need to Start Production around 04/2022.

View attachment 38361
They need to produce a prototype of CAS/Light Attack version along with the trainer if they are thinking about winning the Malaysian bid.
Timelines given originally were before the pandemic and when the embargoes became more frequent on subsystems. Hence the delay.
They must be working to a different timeline in line with the current dynamics at the moment.
As you have outlined, at the least, the CAS version need to rollout together with the P1 if they are serious about the Malaysian bid.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 38372

What? :O

Am I the only one seeing 3x Hürjet under construction here?

2x prototypes 1x static/load test and 1x cockpit section for ejection seat tests

Looks like they have a few (empty) jig assemblies to spare so room to ramp up production of the front section.

1x Hurjet
1641894222025.png

2x Hurjet
1641894264131.png

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet Evolution

View attachment 38357
View attachment 38358

The Previous Dates

View attachment 38359

View attachment 38361
This delay happened because of extra studies for alternative engines in case F-404 got embargoed and a possible carrier capability. I also hear growing rumors that Hürjet has a twin-engine C version(it is probably the carrier-based version). I know for sure that twin-engine Hurjet was studied in the design phase but whether this will translate to an active project remains to be seen.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom