Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
About non existing of DSI on F-22, the technology was not matured at this time were F-22 was in serial production.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Bad news. No questions. But I'll post some pictures and talk about the stuff I'm going to see. Sorry I tried 😥

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
you could ask. earlier visuals of HAL AMCA didnt have DSi intakes but the wind tunnel mock-ups do.
i believe something similar might be the case for TFX.
Well, AMCA is more like a F-35 aircraft rather than a F-22 air dominance. TF-X cannot have DSI because of its high speed (Mach 1.6+) limitations

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
20220819_154138.jpg

This was near the composite production facility. Apparently belongs to the 738.

20220819_155203.jpg

One of two Gokbey prototypes in a hangar somewhere. Had to be careful due to the ongoing flight activities. The other Gokbey stationed towards the right is in the colors of the Gendarmerie Command. They have like 4 prototypes. And this is where the photos end :) Sorry...

ATAK 2 is currently in production however there isn't much to see. It's in a very early phase.

The production of the T-70's continue, but due to CAATSA there is a HUGE deduction on its numbers. TAI is doing the best they can.

Aksungur is apparently booked to oblivion, quite literally. There weren't ANY Aksungur's on the assembly line. And that is because TAI just takes them off the production line as soon as they're ready and sends them off to testing.

Hurjet's assembly line was filled with Malaysian delegates.

Saw the F-16 Ozgur in its digital camouflage. And it looks like it will retain it. But it may change later. Hurjet won't feature the digital camo btw. At least that's what they told me.

Hurjet's simulator was booked so I wasn't able to get any photos from there.

And last but not least... the big boi which is stationed in its hangar. I nearly fainted when I saw it btw. I'm not allowed to share anything regarding its design, no photos were allowed to begin with. A very experienced team is leading the program, and it's coming together nicely. That's all you need to know. Oh you might expect to see another MMU mock-up. I don't know when. MMU's prototype won't have RAM paint.

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
23 2,027
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The production of the T-70's continue, but due to CAATSA there is a HUGE deduction on its numbers. TAI is doing the best they can.
Thank you. So T-70 program was practically killed by USA. It would be fine if TUSAŞ didn't continue.

For this reason, TUSAŞ started to plan a general purpose helicopter that uses a joint infrastructure with Atak-2 and will be navalized from the very beginning.

That's how I understood the situation.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Thank you. So T-70 program was practically killed by USA. It would be fine if TUSAŞ didn't continue.

For this reason, TUSAŞ started to plan a general purpose helicopter that uses a joint infrastructure with Atak-2 and will be navalized from the very beginning.

That's how I understood the situation.
They're currently lobbying to get the production numbers back into their original state. If that will ever materialize, we will see.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engines that will power the initial batch of the TFX are probably going to be produced in Eskisehir by TEI.
Mahmut Aksit has stated that they are working on a model of production system with GE, whereby maximum amount of localisation will be achieved in the production of the F110GE129E engines that will power initial batch of TFX jets.

1661123292363.jpeg

According to below news, for the first prototypes of TFX planes two batches of 5 engines, in total, 10 engines were ordered to the US company GE. First batch of this order was delivered according to news published on 2nd of June this year.
Then it as revealed by Ismail Demir, that there would be 14 prototypes in total. 12 of these will have f110 engines and the remaining 2 will have indigenous engines. That means there is a need for minimum of 24 F110 engines.
So it is not certain if the initial batch of high degree of locally manufactured F110 engines are the remainder of the above prototype engines, or they are the engines for the first squadron or two that will be 4.5 generation planes that will fly with F110s.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engines that will power the initial batch of the TFX are probably going to be produced in Eskisehir by TEI.
Mahmut Aksit has stated that they are working on a model of production system with GE, whereby maximum amount of localisation will be achieved in the production of the F110GE129E engines that will power initial batch of TFX jets.

View attachment 47081
According to below news, for the first prototypes of TFX planes two batches of 5 engines, in total, 10 engines were ordered to the US company GE. First batch of this order was delivered according to news published on 2nd of June this year.
Then it as revealed by Ismail Demir, that there would be 14 prototypes in total. 12 of these will have f110 engines and the remaining 2 will have indigenous engines. That means there is a need for minimum of 24 F110 engines.
So it is not certain if the initial batch of high degree of locally manufactured F110 engines are the remainder of the above prototype engines, or they are the engines for the first squadron or two that will be 4.5 generation planes that will fly with F110s.
why are F110 equipped TFX's regarded as 4.5 gen aircraft in the press?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
why are F110 equipped TFX's regarded as 4.5 gen aircraft in the press?
Just a few reasons are:
1. They don’t have enough power to sustain a 5th generation plane’s power requirements (Aesa Radar, avionics and energy weapons like microwave/ laser weapons etc)
2. They are noisy. Stealth planes’ noise levels should be low
3. IR signature too high. Optimisation of nozzle geometry has not been done. Therefore more detectable than a 5th generation plane engine.
4. Air intake has not been optimised to give less RCS .

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom