Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,565
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thank you. So T-70 program was practically killed by USA. It would be fine if TUSAŞ didn't continue.

For this reason, TUSAŞ started to plan a general purpose helicopter that uses a joint infrastructure with Atak-2 and will be navalized from the very beginning.

That's how I understood the situation.
As of February 2022 TEI had delivered 50 T700-TEI-701D engines to TAI. If TEI carried on production at their planned 1 engine per week rate, there could be another 20 engines in stock now.
The production quantities may have dwindled. But there are all those engines that need helicopters.
These engines are 60HP more powerful than the original T70 engines. They are not cheap. They need to go on the helicopters that we actually need to be operating.
It would be interesting to see how this impasse is resolved.
Until we have a replacement engine and a helicopter to take it’s place we have to find a way to carry on manufacturing them.

EDIT :
The CAATSA sanctions that were imposed on us were very specific. It did not cover previous contractual agreements with Turkish MOD.
“The sanctions include a ban on all U.S. export licenses and authorizations to SSB and an asset freeze and visa restrictions on Dr. Ismail Demir, SSB’s president, and other SSB officers.”
So I find it difficult to understand how production of S-70 helicopters are affected by the CAATSA sanctions.
If it was mentioned that there is a covered embargo of sorts in place I can understand. But CAATSA excuse is not logical.

Last edited:

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 47030

This was near the composite production facility. Apparently belongs to the 738.

View attachment 47031

One of two Gokbey prototypes in a hangar somewhere. Had to be careful due to the ongoing flight activities. The other Gokbey stationed towards the right is in the colors of the Gendarmerie Command. They have like 4 prototypes. And this is where the photos end :) Sorry...

ATAK 2 is currently in production however there isn't much to see. It's in a very early phase.

The production of the T-70's continue, but due to CAATSA there is a HUGE deduction on its numbers. TAI is doing the best they can.

Aksungur is apparently booked to oblivion, quite literally. There weren't ANY Aksungur's on the assembly line. And that is because TAI just takes them off the production line as soon as they're ready and sends them off to testing.

Hurjet's assembly line was filled with Malaysian delegates.

Saw the F-16 Ozgur in its digital camouflage. And it looks like it will retain it. But it may change later. Hurjet won't feature the digital camo btw. At least that's what they told me.

Hurjet's simulator was booked so I wasn't able to get any photos from there.

And last but not least... the big boi which is stationed in its hangar. I nearly fainted when I saw it btw. I'm not allowed to share anything regarding its design, no photos were allowed to begin with. A very experienced team is leading the program, and it's coming together nicely. That's all you need to know. Oh you might expect to see another MMU mock-up. I don't know when. MMU's prototype won't have RAM paint.
Were you able to get any info about TUSAŞ's own jet drone program ? Also will Atak 2 use 30mm cannons because in the current mock-up it looks like it has 3x20mm and how complete was the Hürjet's prototype ? Your words excited me, i hope that we see MMU soon maybe 30th of August?
Edit: btw will all MMU prototypes not have RAM paint ? Or just the first ones?

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Were you able to get any info about TUSAŞ's own jet drone program ? Also will Atak 2 use 30mm cannons because in the current mock-up it looks like it has 3x20mm and how complete was the Hürjet's prototype ? Your words excited me, i hope that we see MMU soon maybe 30th August?
-Yes I was. They're only on the drawing board. Nothing concrete as of yet.

-30mm as far as I know. The real ATAK 2 doesn't really look like the mock-up.

-Y'know the king of Malaysia visited TAI yesterday. So the scenes weren't much different today. They had opened the canopy up. Looked like they were doing inspection but don't count on it. Not much else apart from that. There were two prototypes on the final assembly line.

-It would be LOVELY if TAI did such thing on the 30th of August. Though it didn't really look like they were planning anything for that date. It would be lovely if you guys could have a glimpse at her as well.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Damn that’s not a good news. I really wanted TAI to develop a stealth drone.

So no TISU I guess.
There could be a TISU. Just because it's a render, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. TAI simply has their priorities. And who knows? They might be awaiting further developments on the engine side. The realization of the program could be pretty quick.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
There could be a TISU. Just because it's a render, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. TAI simply has their priorities. And who knows? They might be awaiting further developments on the engine side. The realization of the program could be pretty quick.
TF-6000, that's the answer probably, And TF-10000 for MIUS

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why is everyone surprised that TISU is on the drawing block?
TF-X is gonna start mass production in 2029, they have 7 years to get something into serial production.
People just need to calm down and wait.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,502
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
In my opinion, Turkiye and Tusaş/Tai transferred the UAV business to Baykar. I wonder where the Anka/Aksungur team is and what they do.

I don't believe Tisu is coming. Even if it comes, it will come as a Baykar project.

Regarding TISU I think TAI are waiting for TF-6000 / 10000 engines to be op first because they don’t want / can’t buy foreign engines for their UAV’s, unlike Baykar.

What Turkish Armed Forces need right now is a UAV with higher payload capability (Akinci), and a less pricey drone compared to the Anka (TB2), that’s why they prefer Baykar at the moment.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think TUSAŞ can forget TİSU altogether. They have many projects to finalize, and I think they must prioritize their existing projects.

For drones, for God's sake, we have Baykar; let them do what they are best. Almost everybody with engineering capability tries to make drones; since big-size drones are all Baykar-made, they go for rotary wings and small stuff. It looks to me that Baykar doesn't mind leaving the small drone market to small guys.

Damaging the Baykar after AKP is exactly the same thing that was done to Nuri Demirağ. Absolutely bad and pure insanity. TUSAŞ and Baykar making totally different classes of drones. Noone trying to block sales of TUSAŞ, yet Baykar exporting more.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think TUSAŞ can forget TİSU altogether. They have many projects to finalize, and I think they must prioritize their existing projects.

For drones, for God's sake, we have Baykar; let them do what they are best. Almost everybody with engineering capability tries to make drones; since big-size drones are all Baykar-made, they go for rotary wings and small stuff. It looks to me that Baykar doesn't mind leaving the small drone market to small guys.

Damaging the Baykar after AKP is exactly the same thing that was done to Nuri Demirağ. Absolutely bad and pure insanity. TUSAŞ and Baykar making totally different classes of drones. Noone trying to block sales of TUSAŞ, yet Baykar exporting more.
TAI has enough employee to handle both projects, manned and unmanned vehicles. And of course, enough experience in both sectors. Dont worry ;)

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI has enough employee to handle both projects, manned and unmanned vehicles. And of course, enough experience in both sectors. Dont worry ;)
They don't have enough employees, that is the point. Temel Kotil is always saying how desperate they are to find more employees all the time.

They also consume government money to run these projects meanwhile, Baykar can make R&D with its 1B$ income.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
They don't have enough employees, that is the point. Temel Kotil is always saying how desperate they are to find more employees all the time.

They also consume government money to run these projects meanwhile, Baykar can make R&D with its 1B$ income.
Right now, TAI has 12.000 employees. More than 2.000 are working on TFX. If needed, more employees can be taken who works on other projects. And yes, much more employees are needed.

About our government, if they would invest more in advertising and selling on TAI products, more income could reach in R&D.

But dont let us devite in TAI and Baykar camps like typical turkish idiots, as we talk about a football club.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can we stop please, Just ignore Fighter_35. The thread is getting derailed.
This is TF-X thread not UCAV thread, can the admin move the posts to the correct thread, please.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,565
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
All nontopic posts have been moved to
https://defencehub.live/threads/kizilelma-¦-akinci-¦-aksungur-plus-various-turkish-unmanned-autonomous-programs.6/page-324
thread.
please stay on topic.
All moved posts will be checked and any pst found to be against forum rules will be dealt with.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom