TR F-16 Özgür | Hürkuş - Fighter Trainer Aircraft Projects

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan tested the first IR sensor in the late 1990s and since then, Aselsan MGEO unit has continued its development by non-stop R&D and has expanded its technology to MWIR, QWIP, SWIR and NIR detectors, microbolometers, Image intensifiers. You treat this company like a teenager because it works to localize all the components, from the cooling systems to the filters which were imported before. I think you should not come up with such assertive statements on some issues that you do not have an idea.

About UV sensors, As you can read from post above, after German embargo was imposed on UV sensors in 2017 purchased from Germany, not only the UV detectors which you call very hard thing to develop but also the filter systems were completely localized within scope of the NEFIS project.

With a similar approach, a new project was started under the name of KÖRFIS, under the main contractor of TUSAŞ, with the subcontracting of Aselsan, Tübitak Bilgem Iltaren and the 1st Air Maintenance Command. In addition to the missile detection system with UV detector, Körfis which will operate in the IR spectrum, will enable missile detection from far ranges. All these capabilities in IR and UV technologies will be used in BEOS, IRST and FSS systems.
Are all these technical information public? I hope we are not giving away any useful information to spies here. I'd prefer being more secretive about our capabilities.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are all these technical information public? I hope we are not giving away any useful information to spies here. I'd prefer being more secretive about our capabilities.

Before talking about the secrecy norms that we have created according to our own perception, I recommend you take a look at Aselsan's magazines and activity reports. They even publish English language versions for some of their issues. There you will have chance to read these mentioned systems in detail.

I don't know how you got this judgment or prejudice to ask such a question to me but be sure confidential information did not/is not/will not allowed to be discussed in defencehub. If a topic is being discussed, it was either published by the authorities or said during an interview by an official. Our members who follow this topic in detail, know that these subjects have already been discussed before and know where this information came from but we cannot allocate a reference or source section under our each posts like we write an article every time when we mentioned the name of these systems.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Those information, although very interesting, are not even close to anything confidential, let alone secret. If it was so easy to obtain and publish secret info like that, we wouldn't need dedicated intelligence services in the first place.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You wouldn't mind leaking intelligence when you don't have a major shortcoming. But when the opponent can make a move to prevent you from accesing critical technology it becomes detrimental to have leaks. Some of the matters have little value towards satisfieing forum members cruiosity while it gives a break to open intelligence gatherers. They don't even need spies, software bots can gather what is already out there. What is dubious is some members' persistent digging for information, what is the matter with them.

Last edited:

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Before talking about the secrecy norms that we have created according to our own perception, I recommend you take a look at Aselsan's magazines and activity reports. They even publish English language versions for some of their issues. There you will have chance to read these mentioned systems in detail.

I don't know how you got this judgment or prejudice to ask such a question to me but be sure confidential information did not/is not/will not allowed to be discussed in defencehub. If a topic is being discussed, it was either published by the authorities or said during an interview by an official. Our members who follow this topic in detail, know that these subjects have already been discussed before and know where this information came from but we cannot allocate a reference or source section under our each posts like we write an article every time when we mentioned the name of these systems.
No offence meant, thanks. As I dont have technical background in these areas I cannot judge it, and I trust Aselsan knows what to reveal and what not.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Updated Cirit smart pod for fixed-wing aircrafts such as Hurkus, featuring more aerodynamic nose section
1661853917641.png

1661853939987.png

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürkuş-2
Doğan said, "An improvement activity, which we call Hürkuş-2, continues in parallel. We have completed the critical design process. It is progressing in its own pace."

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Hürkuş-2
Doğan said, "An improvement activity, which we call Hürkuş-2, continues in parallel. We have completed the critical design process. It is progressing in its own pace."
Where?

I wanna read all of the article if possible ☺️

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürkuş-2
Is the change only usage of composite material instead of aluminum?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom