Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tolga Özbek says the next prototype of Kaan will be slightly shorter and smaller and the nose of the next prototype will see some changes. The current prototype will fly again soon.

Gaucho

Reactions
4 34
Nation of residence
Uruguay
Nation of origin
Uruguay
Tolga Özbek says the next prototype of Kaan will be slightly shorter and smaller and the nose of the next prototype will see some changes. The current prototype will fly again soon.
I didn't expect that change. Perhaps, between 19 meters or 20

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,195
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Curious if the 8 prototypes of Kaan will be converted to production grade and delivered to users once development ends or stay in house for some purpose.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Curious if the 8 prototypes of Kaan will be converted to production grade and delivered to users once development ends or stay in house for some purpose.
Some might be converted but I don't expect the first 3 prototypes to be converted.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
An understandable development. As far as I understand, the Kaan was designed a bit large due to concerns that the subsystems would take up too much space. When it becomes clear that these subsystems will not take up that much space, the Kaan will be redesigned.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 453
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
NGAD and Chinese 6th gen look much bigger than KAAN without actual official specs.

So how are TUSAS, Kotil going to claim that they are working on upgrading KAAN to 6th gen fighter when they make KAAN even smaller not bigger to accommodate several tonnes of heavy RAM panels, large hypersonic turbojet+ramjet CC engines, laser weapons etc?

Last edited:

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,203
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
NGAD and Chinese 6th gen look much bigger than KAAN without actual official specs.

So how are TUSAS, Kotil going to claim that they are working on upgrading KAAN to 6th gen fighter when they make KAAN even smaller not bigger to accommodate several tonnes of heavy RAM panels, large hypersonic turbojet+ramjet CC engines, laser weapons etc?
They won't do those things on that frame.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI purchased a second-hand (2015) Bombardier 6000 business jet with N10HD tail registration from a US company to use as a "test-bed" in the KAAN MMU/TF-X Program.

1709476844469.png

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,862
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I expect 19m length, some changes on ridiculous high canopy and engine design (nozzle) and much more speed.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,618
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,450
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I remember the detractors... "We don't need no flying test bed, we have Akıncı"...

Damn it....you are not supposed to remember that.

Jokes aside, it is really surprising some people thought Akinci was good enough for this.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stay on topic, and saying you're not throwing all religious minority / ethnicity X into the same bucket but most of them - guess what, that is still racist or sectarianism.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,552
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
perhaps they put Japan and it is really a country that should put at top 5 . S korea did the aircfraft with alot of help from US so its out but if succes to do itself will be top 6 i belive for 15 years at least 10 countries will build 5 gen fighter
Kf-21 is not 5th gen

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom