Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let us wait until the Navy properly materialises their needs. Too early to speak for now.
Agree but some signals are there.

Hurkus II is not for nothing being developed with composite body and navalized. And there you have Murat Özpala tweeting they are seriously trying to make the Hurkus take off from 200m with ski-jump

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,782
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Agree but some signals are there.

Hurkus II is not for nothing being developed with composite body and navalized. And there you have Murat Özpala tweeting they are seriously trying to make the Hurkus take off from 200m with ski-jump

Lets think in other perspective.
What about they already did all research and finalized all things in order to start building.
Now in present when High prio Hurjet and TFX prototypes are already ready.
The logical thing is to Reveal next Hurkus II

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lets think in other perspective.
What about they already did all research and finalized all things in order to start building.
Now in present when High prio Hurjet and TFX prototypes are already ready.
The logical thing is to Reveal next Hurkus II
I don't understand what you are trying to tell, be more clear.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,782
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't understand what you are trying to tell, be more clear.
I interpreted you post as that you are in doubt about Hurkus II (naval version).
That is why ask you to have look things in other perspective.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Personally I have never thought of Hurkus on the LHD. It is not a doubt, but surprise.

Having a turboprop plane from an LHD sounds a bit weird, it's like a giant step back to WW2

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Personally I have never thought of Hurkus on the LHD. It is not a doubt, but surprise.

Having a turboprop plane from an LHD sounds a bit weird, it's like a giant step back to WW2
No it's not, US still deploys many turboprops aircraft from their carriers in different roles, it is a very practical idea.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
All of this depends on the Navy and what they want. What tactics they are trying to employ etc. We can't know for sure. Let's perhaps wait for the unveiling of Hürkuş-2 first. Only then might we get an idea or two.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,487
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No it's not, US still deploys many turboprops aircraft from their carriers in different roles, it is a very practical idea.
US deploys E-2s and C-2s on its carriers. For all of which you need a CATOBAR carrier.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,670
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In light of specs such as maneuverability, angle of attack and speed, I think that an unmanned variant of the Navalized Hürkus may be in demand. Aircraft can take more fuel instead of pilots, cockpit and life support systems. The approach speed to the landing deck would be much lower which may mean less preparation on the deck, and also it could be an aircraft that could increase the sortie/hour capacity of the runway. I am talking somewhere between TB-3 and KE, and if such a platform exists, it can stand out from the other two platforms.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,734
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since Anadolu isn't a real aircraft carrier, instead of thinking Hürkuş-2 on it as something like an F-35B, think of it like faster S-70B with a batter range and a bit better endurance. Could be an interesting choice, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon, if at all.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I see our LHD will mostly be of service around Africa (Libya, Somalia etc.). And in such equipped with TB-3, Kizilelma, Hurkus II and perhaps at later stadium a variant of Hurjet ain't that bad at all I recon too.

Our TCG Anadolu has potential to become an interesting ship

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,670
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It can be not only combatant, but also usefull for some other purposes. It has a payload capacity of over 1500 kg, a powerplant unit of over 1000kw, the aircraft also has a flight endurance of over 600nm and over 4.2 hours, which you can increase significantly if you remove the cockpit. The TB-3 can provide 12-24 hours of endurance at a lower take-off weight, but such an aircraft can provide higher engine power and speed of deployment, perhaps at a flight endurance of up to 5-8 hours.

The Hürkuş is an aircraft program that has undergone a lot of hard work and has gone through a very difficult path. These efforts must be rewarded. I think that the aircraft should be offered for every possible purpose: training, light attack, manned, unmanned, conventional, ship-based etc.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,734
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It can be not only combatant, but also usefull for some other purposes.
We have to accept our own limitations, both economically and in regards to the equipment we have in our hands. We don't have a nuclear powered aircraft carrier from which we can launch full size maritime patrol planes and jet fighters, but, we do have a helicopter carrier that we plan to use with drones and helicopters and maybe Hürkuş-2 can help with that. It also depends on some of the upcoming stuff, imo.

For example, can Orka lwt be launched from a plane? Then, assuming its weight is similar to Mk-54, we can easily put some on Hürkuş. Or can we fire a Çakır missile from it? Hürkuş is supposedly able to use MK82's, Çakır is heavier than that but theoratically (obviously because my understanding is limited to reading stats and making assumptions from my chair lol), it can carry 2 Orkas and 2 Çakırs while still having hard points left for external fuel tanks.

Maybe we'll hear something soon, this news draught can't last much longer. I hope.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The Sultan of Brunei, Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, visited TAI.

FqyfJGyXgAA4Otn.jpeg

FqyfJw3XoAAWXqf.jpeg

FqyfJ6QWIAEyHQg.jpeg

FqyfKb1WYAIDd4y.jpeg

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,734
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The man who got Michael fucking Jackson to play for his birthday and didn't even attend the concert, can't think of anything else whenever I see him lmao

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
The man who got Michael fucking Jackson to play for his birthday and didn't even attend the concert, can't think of anything else whenever I see him lmao
@boredaf
Think about it. just yesterday we were discussing possibility of any deals with them and were doing our sales pitch :LOL:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom