what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Terrain I see what you're trying to say and I do hope too that TAI is getting the best products in the market. It is the number one company in Turkey in aviation and will stay so.

No offense against Baykar but Czeri or space tugs will not change that. Baykar is still as of now a 2 or 3 products company. They just had better a bit better luck and run with their current drone programs. TAI is dozens of projects at once and fairly sure they have some new surprise up their sleeves too.

If we roughly calculate how many KAANs will be ordered by 80-90m € per piece by an estimated 100 KAAN, that will be easily 100bln € in the accounts of TAI as the main contractor over the next 10 years. Count in all the different helicopters that will be ordered in masses. TAI will be a double digit billion € revenue company within the next couple of years.

TAI is doing good, they will do good, they have a certain capacity that is limited by the number of engineers they can hire - so I'm not worried.

Think of all the projects they can launch in the future with their own means and cash, both Aksungur and Hürjet were projects with no official funding from the government. The though that arises from all that cash incoming to invest in new products is exciting me for the future of TAI - government supported or not.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Boeing V22 and Bell V-280 v
The predecessor of V-280 the Osprey has been around for ages already. There is a big aviation community in Türkiye now and people know what is what largely thanks to Teknofest and current helicopter projects.

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stealth is not some "Coca-cola recipe" kind of magic ingredient.
It is a series of principles to keep in mind while designing your aircraft so it would bounce the radar energy it receives to elsewhere instead of the radar receiver itself.
Anyone with the necessary knowledge can dish out some rough design of a stealth aircraft in Solidworks and verifiy the merits of their design in Matlab in a couple of months. A year at the worst.

Is this your best counter-argument? Comparing me to some talking head?
Pathetic.

Some are sending moderators on me by flagging every post of mine especially you Zafer as you are creating the perception that I'm the bad guy for defending the public interest.
My two post were removed as a reply to you Heartbang, one was a picture of comical ali and the other just a smiley face. I thought it was funny just like how you called me a cretian(it's not removed), but oppression is unnecessary as it shows weakness in a civilized non violent conversation so keep it.
Those with powers shouldn't be offended as the majority should side with the public and you guys who are against me too. Just because I'm countering something that doesn't mean I should be hated. I respect the rules, and you Zafer as I haven't flagged one post of yours when all you did was flag every post of mine and I won't as a sign of peace. Bless!

As for your stealth argument, you are a funny guy Heartbang really funny but I respect you for being that guy that clouds the water with laughing gas. Who is this smart guy thinking people are not clever enough, but I understand because nobody want's to be an enemy of those in power and that's why our people suffer that's why those that steal, steal again and I feel for all because we are helpless and at the end we realize that suffering is the nature of life but it shouldn't be done by those in power to the ones that voted for them to fight public and it's interest by dividing and taking everything for themselves.

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The predecessor of V-280 the Osprey has been around for ages already. There is a big aviation community in Türkiye now and people know what is what largely thanks to Teknofest and current helicopter projects.
God bless Teknofest my dear friend.

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see what you're trying to say and I do hope too that TAI is getting the best products in the market. It is the number one company in Turkey in aviation and will stay so.

No offense against Baykar but Czeri or space tugs will not change that. Baykar is still as of now a 2 or 3 products company. They just had better a bit better luck and run with their current drone programs. TAI is dozens of projects at once and fairly sure they have some new surprise up their sleeves too.

If we roughly calculate how many KAANs will be ordered by 80-90m € per piece by an estimated 100 KAAN, that will be easily 100bln € in the accounts of TAI as the main contractor over the next 10 years. Count in all the different helicopters that will be ordered in masses. TAI will be a double digit billion € revenue company within the next couple of years.

TAI is doing good, they will do good, they have a certain capacity that is limited by the number of engineers they can hire - so I'm not worried.

Think of all the projects they can launch in the future with their own means and cash, both Aksungur and Hürjet were projects with no official funding from the government. The though that arises from all that cash incoming to invest in new products is exciting me for the future of TAI - government supported or not.

As somebody said before we should turn KAAN in to unmanned. I believe one of the 6th gen fighter currently under development will have a cockpit but will be unmanned as well so why not start the development of KAAN B or Block 20 or 2 what ever you want to call it and make it dual.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some are sending moderators on me by flagging every post of mine especially you Zafer as you are creating the perception that I'm the bad guy for defending the public interest.
My two post were removed as a reply to you Heartbang, one was a picture of comical ali and the other just a smiley face. I thought it was funny just like how you called me a cretian(it's not removed), but oppression is unnecessary as it shows weakness in a civilized non violent conversation so keep it.
Those with powers shouldn't be offended as the majority should side with the public and you guys who are against me too. Just because I'm countering something that doesn't mean I should be hated. I respect the rules, and you Zafer as I haven't flagged one post of yours when all you did was flag every post of mine and I won't as a sign of peace. Bless!

As for your stealth argument, you are a funny guy Heartbang really funny but I respect you for being that guy that clouds the water with laughing gas. Who is this smart guy thinking people are not clever enough, but I understand because nobody want's to be an enemy of those in power and that's why our people suffer that's why those that steal, steal again and I feel for all because we are helpless and at the end we realize that suffering is the nature of life but it shouldn't be done by those in power to the ones that voted for them to fight public and it's interest by dividing and taking everything for themselves.

For one thing I haven't reported anyone of your posts to be deleted. I may be mad at you four your badmouthing of our defense industry heroes but I didn't see it necessary to report you for it. I wish you come to your senses and stop the hostility.

Last edited:

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Selcuk is a big guy he can take an argument so don't worry too much Zafer it's just that you are defending to much that is why different opinions look like a huge avalanche to you. All I want is your well being, first take care of yourself. Don't worry to much about that loud voice on TV he is safer than you think.
If only we all realize how hard it is to stay away from that screen and realize that life is that bird singing on top of that tree and not that artificial chaos of the TV that causes us to hurt one and another.

I'm not funny, I'm just a sad man.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Terrain

Your opinions are welcome and constructive criticism is very much welcome, dont let anyone suggest anything otherwise. We value all input from all sides, we dont want this forum to turn into an echo-chamber.

And please report posts that break the rules.

demir283

Reactions
2 216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone help?

Now that Turkiye can modernize, does that mean Türkiye can sale their own upgrade kits without issues ??? what are licenses ???

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
111 14,702
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone help?

Now that Turkiye can modernize, does that mean Türkiye can sell their own upgrade kits without issues ??? what are licenses ???
I assume you mean upgrade kits for F16 planes. (Please clarify if not)
If all parts used in modernisation kits are indigenously manufactured, then may be. Albeit an export version. (You do not want other countries having access to your top technology)
All equipment manufactured in house may have many components that are sourced from foreign suppliers. For our own limited use they may not represent a significant problem. But for exporting we may encounter problems. However in certain cases like the Aesa radars or top end avionics , even domestic use may become a problem. I remember reading somewhere that Thales have been giving hard times to Aselsan regarding supplying some critical sub system parts for Murad Aesa radar, causing extensive delays due to indigenisation process of those parts.
When parts are purchased in limited quantities to be sufficient for domestic use, it may not raise flags on suppliers’ screens. But when the word gets out that it is for a larger market, stops are implemented to make it difficult if not impossible for us to sell to third parties. In certain cases licensing issues would be brought up to make it harder to export.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,472
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone help?

Now that Turkiye can modernize, does that mean Türkiye can sale their own upgrade kits without issues ??? what are licenses ???
To Pakistan or Venezuela, if they don't care about catching the ire of US, maybe. If those F-16s were received via FMS, nothing we can do without US approval for others.

demir283

Reactions
2 216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I assume you mean upgrade kits for F16 planes. (Please clarify if not)
If all parts used in modernisation kits are indigenously manufactured, then may be. Albeit an export version. (You do not want other countries having access to your top technology)
All equipment manufactured in house may have many components that are sourced from foreign suppliers. For our own limited use they may not represent a significant problem. But for exporting we may encounter problems. However in certain cases like the Aesa radars or top end avionics , even domestic use may become a problem. I remember reading somewhere that Thales have been giving hard times to Aselsan regarding supplying some critical sub system parts for Murad Aesa radar, causing extensive delays due to indigenisation process of those parts.
When parts are purchased in limited quantities to be sufficient for domestic use, it may not raise flags on suppliers’ screens. But when the word gets out that it is for a larger market, stops are implemented to make it difficult if not impossible for us to sell to third parties. In certain cases licensing issues would be brought up to make it harder to export.
What if all is indigenous ? . Still harder to export ???

demir283

Reactions
2 216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
To Pakistan or Venezuela, if they don't care about catching the ire of US, maybe. If those F-16s were received via FMS, nothing we can do without US approval for others.
doesn't license have expire date / i mean f-16 block 30 is very old

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I never understood the usage of patent registration when it comes to cutting edge tech in military industry. The idea of protecting your rights is a complete illusion in military industry.

Will this radar absorbing patent now not be used by USA and anyone else? Who is stopping them? It's going to make them look like a bad trader but no one is going to care.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom