TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

fq5n9v

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engine technology belongs to companies but if GE wants to sale or license the technology to Turkey they would need state permition right?

This seems reasonable considering such deal would result on Turkey building more than 600 engines for TF-X but wouldn't this mean we will need permition from GE for every export? Rolls-Royce deal didn't carry on because of this so why would GE be any different?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,723
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tusaş made an agreement with GE for 80 F404 turbofan engine.
I do NOT want to be offensive or rude.
With respect I would like to say that above "agreement" DO NOT HAVE ANY VALUE/WEIGHT.
There are FACTS related to usa and usa companies. Turkiye IS EMBARGOED by usa as we All saw that usa WAIT the RIGHT Moment to APPLY MAX DAMAGE to Turkiye.

At moment ONLY THING WITCH IS EXPECTED is WHEN usa will show their face and Fabricate reason to apply new embargo on engine.

For me Turkiye using all feasible options (if something is feasible , it can be done) to push forward and apply Turkiye dream to become TRUE.
On other hand usa use all options to apply MAX Delays or stop any project.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
With respect I would like to say that above "agreement" DO NOT HAVE ANY VALUE/WEIGHT.
There are FACTS related to usa and usa companies. Turkiye IS EMBARGOED by usa as we All saw that usa WAIT the RIGHT Moment to APPLY MAX DAMAGE to Turkiye.

At moment ONLY THING WITCH IS EXPECTED is WHEN usa will show their face and Fabricate reason to apply new embargo on engine.

For me Turkiye using all feasible options (if something is feasible , it can be done) to push forward and apply Turkiye dream to become TRUE.

That's possible, it is what we fear too

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I wouldn't buy military equipment with brains on it from the US. That includes engines that have a FADEC on them. I would only buy some engines for prototypes and a first fleet.

M

Manomed

I wouldn't buy military equipment with brains on it from the US. That includes engines that have a FADEC on them. I would only buy some engines for prototypes and a first fleet.
We can't even build a engine for tanks and you are expecting us to make a jet engine in 1-2 years?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,723
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reportedly the US now wants to sell us F-35s.

According to White House sources Prez Biden set up a commission to fix the bad relations between Türkiye and the US. The first advice of this commission looks to be withdrawing from the east med issue that is done immediately. The US also notified the third parties (Greece, Israel, Egypt) about this decision The second one is selling F-35s to Türkiye. It is tied to the S-400 issue so Turkish and the US delegations are discussing the matter but there is no news about the PKK/YPG problem and I think this one is the most important problem between the US and Türkiye.

You guys will see that the US will become super friendly with Türkiye after 2025. The great power competition is not going well for the US. The US is losing in every theater. Belarus, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Central Asia, Libya, and Africa. The US will feel the heat of great power competition more and more. Türkiye is a big asset for NATO in every one of those theaters while players like Greece are unimportant.
Bulshits

Facts:
1. All partners of F35 programs left THE SIGNED AGREEMENT and made new one and Left Turkiye Alone. This was and still is LEGAL EMBARGO in way which usa did to not want to follow signed agreement with Turkiye.

2. Turkiye started and it is Ongoing Legal Sue according to Interntional LAW and second sue in usa accroding to usa laws about F-35.
Mean that Turkiye give money and there are Turkish OWNED F-35 by tha LAW of the Agreement in usa hand.
At moment usa is in place of Robber and holding Turkiye money and F-35 prodcued and own by Turkiey as hostage.

3. There is PASSED Legal Congress Document which enforce usa president and as such Trump signed SAYING that F-35 is forbiding Turkiye to own this platform.

4. There are usa congressments and parties which at moment have MAJORITY in such laws

All above are Current state and FACT.
So you forgeting all above and just saying BLA BLA BLA we/Turkiye just Chit Chat with some usa officals and They said We will fix the problem with Turkiye
We will give you F35 60 -70 80 bal bla 1000. etc
There was NOT ANY Such Thing Happend in usa history in such way!!

I am sorry to say but this thing smell like there are "wanna be usa slave" and this is this kind of Naive and stupid thinking

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seems like TAI dropped X from MMU's English name. Is this new ?

No.

——————

If we can get our F-35 and put in an order for the B version I’m all for it.

would lower the number though.

Maybe 48 A for the Air Force and 16 B for the Navy to be used on Anadolu and Trakya. Instead of the 120 F35A intended.

8 of our F35A are already in storage. They could be transferred over easily.
Without any long wait.

Integration of SOM-J and HGK should be back on the table too.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
X actually stands for experimental / conceptional.

Maybe because TFx is not conceptional anymore, her parts are being manufactured

My trouble is with the Turkish name. Milli Muharip Uçağı.

Why not Ulusal Saldırı Uçağı? Or Ulusal Savaş Uçağı?

I dont want Arabic in the name of such an important project. It must be %100 Turkish. It sounds better anyway!

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

I dont want Arabic in the name of such an important project. It must be %100 Turkish. It sounds better anyway!
Keske bütün derdimiz isimlendirme olsa.

Ama Milli kelimesi yakisiyor

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ridiculous who cares if we use a Arabic name or some western name?

Im all for Turkic names but I wont lose sleep over it.

TFX sounds the best.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The name TFX is only good for English speakers.
TSJ 25 Gökhan is better, meaning Turkish War Jet 25 Skylord.
25 is the year of first flight.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom