Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
we should sell TB2s to Taiwan under the table and take the payment as TSMC foundry investments.
For something like this to happen, Taiwan needs to get US's blessings and this is something that will never happen

The US doesnt want turks to be more independent and such an investment may be a game changer that the US will not allow to happen

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,554
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I could not imagine Chinese approach as soon as tb2's are on table for Taiwan.
IDGAF, they should've let the Uighurs be.
For something like this to happen, Taiwan needs to get US's blessings and this is something that will never happen

The US doesnt want turks to be more independent and such an investment may be a game changer that the US will not allow to happen
I'd reckon the 1st lesson the Taiwanese learnt from the war in Ukraine is, to dont fully count on US/NATO commitment. the odds are stacked even higher against Taiwan, and they need every advantage they can.
there's an opening, I say we seize it now, and seize it HARD.
and if the US wants to sabotage this, well, they can kiss their semiconductor basket goodbye!

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
What can Malaysia offer to Turkiye exactly ? What is he thinking ?
We do have massive human resource trained in electronic.We have very big E &_E industry including semiconductor.
Actually,the decision to buy most likely due to politics and trade relation.
Most big item military product bought by malaysia will include investment by the company or countries from which we bought.
Most western countries offer those and we expect the same from Turkey.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

USA would love to involve Turkey in Taiwan /China conflict.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,971
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

China is a paper tiger just like Russia.

Dont buy the hype. Because I bought the hype believing that Russia can take on the USA or was on par with Nato even if they are technologically behind.

Same story with China they are a paper tiger that is the next big thing in being over hyped as the big bad enemy that can invade and take on the USA and NATO.

Dont buy the hype same story with Iran with shitty 70 year old equipment. They are all paper tigers who only threaten the world with their big army parades.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,706
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let’s translate some of the bullet points:
Hurjet will fly next March.
TFX is going to roll out as well.
TFX engine can be made in house.
Atak2 cost will be more than half of a modern fighter jet. In other words; It is not cheap.
We will sell Gokbey by the dozens.
Kazakhstan received their 3 Anka UAVs.
Philippines will receive two more Atak helicopters this year.
We are putting down the foundations for our aerospace industry for the next 100 years.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

TAI/TUSAS acquired all the shares of TRMotor. Now TAI/TUSAS owns both TRMotor and TEI.
TAI/TUSAS partnering with TAEC(RR&Kale) means all of the companies can work together without issue.
Thats what I. Demir (SSM) and me (his buddy) want to.
Establish Giant companies . ;)

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 22.05.39.png

Well... Hurjet naval it is. Arda is speaking facts tho. TAI is acting like Skunkworks again by not releasing any images of Hurjet, therefore we can't really spot the progress. But let's assume everything is going according to plan. Designing a naval aircraft is a difficult task on its own, redesigning a jet trainer so that it can be used by the Navy must be even harder. When I visited TAI like a year ago I've heard that they were considering possible design alterations to the Hurjet platform (FYI I don't know if they were referring to Hurjet Naval, take this info with a grain of salt). And that was when the production line was empty. We shall wait & see.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 22.40.52.png

İsmail Demir spoke really nicely, gave some good insight. There is an elephant in the room tho.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 22.41.09.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 22.41.30.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 22.41.42.png

Ehh well dunno how to feel abt this one. We've been waiting for months. I thought we would be seeing her late this year. Correct me if I'm wrong...

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
In which way? (TFX)
Hürjet will be seen in September or TFX ?
I'm more frustrated over Hurjet. How hard can it be to take ONE SINGLE PHOTO of the aircraft and share it with the public? We are speaking of the TF-X, that's good and all but Hurjet comes before that. It isn't a program of strategic importance, it's a jet trainer. For goodness sake we aren't developing a Mach 10 bomber. Such pathetic PR from TAI... It's so tiring. All they do is speak, honestly. "we did this we did that" What difference does it make when we can't see the friggin plane?

Same goes with the Ozgur program. I understand the silence surrounding it, it's a critical project. But if you want to keep the hype train alive without sounding like a party member, you gotta do what is necessary. Like at least give us updates. At least organize a press event or something. Be active! It's not that difficult.

Rant over. I can sleep in peace now. Good night y'all!

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
All components of Hurjet have been produced and currently in final assembly
1651391093509.png

Hurjet cockpit simulator is 1:1 identical to the aircraft
1651391241954.png

1651391465218.png

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
All components of Hurjet have been produced and currently in final assembly
View attachment 43385

Hurjet cockpit simulator is 1:1 identical to the aircraft
View attachment 43386
View attachment 43387
Freaking finally. Progressing slower than anticipated. For some reason I thought the whole tail section would be finished by now :d An update is an update though, and I'm grateful. Since every single part is now produced, I think it is safe to assume that the production might speed up as well. Cuz y'know... for the most part, we are still seeing the same things we saw 4 months ago.

M

Manomed

Freaking finally. Progressing slower than anticipated. For some reason I thought the whole tail section would be finished by now :d An update is an update though, and I'm grateful. Since every single part is now produced, I think it is safe to assume that the production might speed up as well. Cuz y'know... for the most part, we are still seeing the same things we saw 4 months ago.
Its good to see you happy maddog You were watching this project for too long

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,706
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last statement says;
The plane can be operational from TCG Anadolu too.
That is a very bold one to make as statements go!
I noticed that, and it is the kicker of the month if not the quarter.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom