Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Mete Yarar in his recent YouTube video says Hurjet's engines will be integrated into a prototype by the end of the month
How is this thing gonna fly this year man? Mind boggling. I really do wonder how long they will be doing the ground tests.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is this thing gonna fly this year man? Mind boggling. I really do wonder how long they will be doing the ground tests.
TAI had announced that they will use Artificial Intelligence in testing of planes which will reduce test times to 30% of the usual taking out 70% of the time spent on testing.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
TAI had announced that they will use Artificial Intelligence in testing of planes which will reduce test times to 30% of the usual taking out 70% of the time spent on testing.
I know but I don't think that mechanism can be integrated straight away. It needs time. Second of all Mete Yarar suggests that the first flight will happen next year. That's yet another contradicting statement, but it makes more sense. Meh, dunno, TAI knows best. Anyhow, I watched the video in its entirety, and I'm glad about the progress TAI has made. It won't be long until we see pictures of the MMU getting manufactured.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Testing progresses by stages, not time. This aircraft probably shares many similarities (some subsystems might even be the same) with Hürkuş. The idea was to make a secret first flight before the official one to ensure all are okay during that one.

Probably they will have a very intense evaluating process during testing. Probably they use AI and high CPU power during that time to make things faster.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Testing progresses by stages, not time. This aircraft probably shares many similarities (some subsystems might even be the same) with Hürkuş. The idea was to make a secret first flight before the official one to ensure all are okay during that one.

Probably they will have a very intense evaluating process during testing. Probably they use AI and high CPU power during that time to make things faster.
They probably are and I'm not denying that. It is a tight schedule though!

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
HAVA SOJ performed another test flight out of Mürted Airfield yesterday

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 16.40.23.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why? Because you believe the most recent example, KF-21 which made its initial flight in 2022, is the new standard and an aircraft of taking about 15 months from rollout to maiden flight is "norm"? I was trying to give Turkish some hope that It could rather be done in about 10 months, but I guess you prefer Hurjet to make an inaugural flight in 2024 instead.
Do you realize that Hürjet is a single engine plane and is simpler than the KF-21, obviously not.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Ismail Demir: "Before TFX MMU target, 1-2 models of Kızılelma and HÜRJET will enter the inventory. These will also be a significant power multiplier on its scale"

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
what about tius and göksungur
I believe TISU will be developed after the design work of ongoing projects are completed and in sync with the development of the TF6000 engine. As Kızılelma will come before it and will fill the gap negating urgency. They should make a bomber and a tanker as well as a fighter of it all with twin engines while Baykar make single engine fighters.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,049
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I believe TISU will be developed after the design work of ongoing projects are completed and in sync with the development of the TF6000 engine. As Kızılelma will come before it and will fill the gap negating urgency. They should make a bomber and a tanker as well as a fighter of it all with twin engines while Baykar make single engine fighters.

From what I understand, TISU is currently under development with a similar timeline to that of MIUS.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,077
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From what I understand, TISU is currently under development with a similar timeline to that of MIUS.
While MIUS sourced suitable engines from Ukraine there is no talk of TISU at all. We have no idea what size it will even be, an aspect which is closely associated with engine availability. So I am guessing it is tied to the TF6000 engine development timeline.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it could be hürjet assembling ceremony, assembling of all parts except engines. Or one new ucav , or atak 2. But I expect it o be hürjet assembling ceremony

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom