Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The timing was nice

You were quicker which is why I Deleted my Post in order to not clutter the thread.

> A Lot of Money is being poured into these Projects and Hopefully the Exports of Hürkus wont hurt the Companies Reputation

> This Project is another reason for the disagreements between SSB and MoD.
Coincidentally today UK MoD Wallace visits Turkish MoD perhaps about EF-2000 since the MoD is reluctant to trust SSB with their Dates for TF-X.

1655903761169.png

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
How do we know if it is not the pilots' fault, we don't.
We don't know anything since it's confidential. But by the looks of things, it could've been a mechanical failure. I simply quoted the things he said.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,506
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
A shame that the report is confidential. Would love to know what happened.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You were quicker which is why I Deleted my Post in order to not clutter the thread.

> A Lot of Money is being poured into these Projects and Hopefully the Exports of Hürkus wont hurt the Companies Reputation

> This Project is another reason for the disagreements between SSB and MoD.
Coincidentally today UK MoD Wallace visits Turkish MoD perhaps about EF-2000 since the MoD is reluctant to trust SSB with their Dates for TF-X.

View attachment 45191
Agreed
SSB under Ismail Demir is being truly ambitious tbh; it isnt a bad thing but there will always be cases when stuff wont go according to plans. MoD and Akar is probably making back up plans in case shit go wrong

Although, I really have to give it to SSB; they have been making great strides lately. Ismail Demir is truly a blessing for SSB. While some things arent going to plan, they are still going at a really quick pace

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is old news. Hürkuş training version is in a redesign process. More composites will be used and the wings of the training version will be redesigned completely there are a few more bits that will go into a redesign. Hürkuş's other variants won't be changed other than the composite use.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
This is old news. Hürkuş training version is in a redesign process. More composites will be used and the wings of the training version will be redesigned completely there are a few more bits that will go into a redesign. Hürkuş's other variants won't be changed other than the composite use.
I think everyone here knows about the existence of Hürkuş 2. Interesting that they're changing the wings... Never read that before.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Transparency is a real problem here actually. Yes, we are a problematic nation when it comes to destroying projects for trivial reasons. Accidents are the nature of this field, unfortunately. Personally, I can expect and tolerate these, simply no pain no gain. But we deserve to know the ongoing shit.

What are the demands of TAF?
Which of those not met?
What was the damn reason(s) that plane went down?
Are they fixed, or are they chronic?
Are those problems the reason the plane got back to the drawing board? Or is it just because TAF is keep changing requirements all the time?

The airplane itself has certification from EASA, so surely it is not crap. But what I read, it is more like a combat plane than training. This means that it can be used by a pilot who has experience but can not be training aircraft, because the training plane should be more error-tolerant. Also, the pilot himself said that if it was a pilot in training instead of him, it would be 100% pilot loss.

I think it was a mistake to design a very versatile plane as the first-ever design. Also, I don't understand the reasoning for the light-ground attack plane. Yes, it is cheaper than the F-16 for bombing some PKK members but there is a massive drone army for that purpose.

Now, more importantly, we have Hürjet getting ready. It will be completed this year and will make its first flight on 18 March, and this worries me a little bit. The time between roll-out and the first flight will be so short. I am hoping they won't do serious mistakes for that, just to make it on a special day. The first flight of Hürjet and ATAK-2, the roll-out, and the first engine start of MMU. All in the damn same day.

Looking at Hürkuş and Hürjet project and than MMU. It is like MMU is being made by completely another company (giving reasonable timelines, like 2-3 years of ground testing, making them block by block, etc). Maybe the difference is because of BAE Systems.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Mete Yarar will be visiting TAI again

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it is related mmu, i think they will open officially another test facilty like bird strike test facility etc. We may also see another mock up of mu like new mock up of hürjet.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
He spoke of a couple of "pictures" that aren't available to us. He apparently asked TAI if they would allow them to be showcased. So I expect to see a couple of pictures of MMU's frontal fuselage.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
If it is related mmu, i think they will open officially another test facilty like bird strike test facility etc. We may also see another mock up of mu like new mock up of hürjet.
I think it's too soon for that. We saw the new mock-up of Hurjet while the first prototype was nearing completion. Give it a couple of months at least. I also heard from a TAI official that they weren't planning on making a new one to begin with. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see it.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
here live :
youtube live:

Edit:
you can catch what you have missed by using youtube.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Disappointing interview so far... Nothing we haven't seen or heard.

EDIT: 48 minutes in. Utter waste of time, incredibly disappointing, I'm upset etc.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have now turned it off. TF6000, Gezgin, Tisu, TF-2000, aesa etc. nothing is talked about.

It looks like we won't be buying Samp-T and we won't be partners. Because they just want to sell ready made.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was hoping they would at least show the hurjet prototype that was going to fly in december but by the looks of things we aint gonna see anything.

Top Bottom