The construction of the third Jinnah class frigate will begin on Sunday in Karachi.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where are the first two,started already and if so at which yard?
EZq-CteXsAcAtXV.jpeg

The first ship started to be built in Istanbul Shipyard and the second in Karachi.

Pakistan-MİLGEM-768x432.jpg

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
It must be said the build time is very impressive from the Turkish shipyards, my respect.
This means the ships will be undergoing trials quicker, paving the way for the next project between Turkey and Pakistan.

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Thanks bro. The quicker one hull is finished and launched to sea, the sooner the keel of the next ship can be laid down. We're all super excited about the I-class and of course TF-2000 up in the pipeworks. :cool:

You think you're excited bro! You have no idea how much we are, after seeing the Pakistani Navy rot for the last 25 years.....
I'm looking forward to the new Turkish projects immensely, which will be the future for one line of Pakistan's vessels.

A

adenl

Looks like the Jinnah class is going to carry 16 HQ-16 missiles with 2 illuminating radars and 6 YJ-12 or variants of it, with OTH radar. The rest of the weaponry is either Turkish and a bit of western stuff.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The one at Istanbul is comming along nicely;
View attachment 4828
This is my wild estimate from the photos so don't quote me on this, but I think the ship is missing 2 main blocks in the satellite photo, which is probably from summer. The front upper block does not matter much but the block at the stern may easily add 10 meters to overall length. The latest normal photo at the shipyard from the previous week confirms it has I class lines instead of Ada class, and google photos date back to 2017 for this hull. So it's probably TCG Istanbul unless the plans have changed.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom