The Turkish Intelligence Organization MIT arrested 6 Russian agents planning armed attacks at Chechen dissidents in Turkey

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,375
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

BREAKING: Six Russian spies arrested​

Six Russian and Uzbek nationals, who were found to be preparing an armed action against Chechen opposition figures in Turkey , were arrested.​

Within the scope of the investigation file of the Istanbul Chief Public Prosecutor's Office, persons connected to the Russian Federation's intelligence service were arrested on charges of political and military espionage under Article 328 of the Turkish Penal Code and imprisoned in Maltepe Prison.

The spies working for Russia, identified by the National Intelligence Organization, were recently detained in a police operation based in Istanbul and covering Antalya. It was determined that the spies planned an action to kill Chechen dissidents and procured weapons for this purpose.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

BREAKING: Six Russian spies arrested​

Six Russian and Uzbek nationals, who were found to be preparing an armed action against Chechen opposition figures in Turkey , were arrested.​

Within the scope of the investigation file of the Istanbul Chief Public Prosecutor's Office, persons connected to the Russian Federation's intelligence service were arrested on charges of political and military espionage under Article 328 of the Turkish Penal Code and imprisoned in Maltepe Prison.

The spies working for Russia, identified by the National Intelligence Organization, were recently detained in a police operation based in Istanbul and covering Antalya. It was determined that the spies planned an action to kill Chechen dissidents and procured weapons for this purpose.

Hakan Fidan is on a roll these days; I swear balls of steel!
Wonder why is he so active though? Did Erdo give him the green light to do whatever he wants?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,375
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hakan Fidan is on a roll these days; I swear balls of steel!
Wonder why is he so active though? Did Erdo give him the green light to do whatever he wants?
The Russian intelligence from GRU, FSB and SVR are all very active in Turkey. This is not something new actually. Usually we have at least 2 cases like this a year in the last couple of years as MIT is more active and is undergoing transformation in the ways it operates. There are changes in capability and manpower both in counter-intelligence but also in intelligence on foreign soil. As I said before MIT is changing its concept to a more proactive approach just as our martyr Hiram Abbas wanted. The Russian intelligence have deep roots in Turkey both as infiltrated agents within the security services but also in the political life of Turkey.

In the case with Iran it is triggered by the recent tensions and the actions of Iran trying to use a captured dissident as a message to Turkey.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
The Russian intelligence from GRU, FSB and SVR are all very active in Turkey. This is not something new actually. Usually we have at least 2 cases like this a year in the last couple of years as MIT is more active and is undergoing transformation in the ways it operates. There are changes in capability and manpower both in counter-intelligence but also in intelligence on foreign soil. As I said before MIT is changing its concept to a more proactive approach just as our martyr Hiram Abbas wanted. The Russian intelligence have deep roots in Turkey both as infiltrated agents within the security services but also in the political life of Turkey.

In the case with Iran it is triggered by the recent tensions and the actions of Iran trying to use a captured dissident as a message to Turkey.
Hiram Abbas? Wasnt that the MIT official who got assassinated in the 1990s by the radical left?
My memory is quite hazy about these info so I may be wrong though

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,375
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hiram Abbas? Wasnt that the MIT official who got assassinated in the 1990s by the radical left?
My memory is quite hazy about these info so I may be wrong though
(y)

He was one of the people who helped the most in the neutralization of the ASALA terrorist organization in the past. He also worked closely with the Israeli intelligence and tried to bring the Israeli proactive approach to MIT and he partly succeeded. After his martyrdom MIT was not the same. I principally don't like MIT for one reason. MIT is an organization that gave almost unlimited power to people who served their own interests first instead the interests of the State.

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
(y)

He was one of the people who helped the most in the neutralization of the ASALA terrorist organization in the past. He also worked closely with the Israeli intelligence and tried to bring the Israeli proactive approach to MIT and he partly succeeded. After his martyrdom MIT was not the same. I principally don't like MIT for one reason. MIT is an organization that gave almost unlimited power to people who served their own interests first instead the interests of the State.
It seems that the current path that MIT is taking is quite good
Just hope Hakan Fidan continue to provide such excellence in his work

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom