uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,168
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turks normal people needs a small and cheap national car like Very,not the TOGG T10X
Yeah I think luxury SUV itself is just a terrible segment that's growing in the US but I think there are taxes on foreign ones. T10X is the wrong model for wrong era and demographic. It's targeting a specific, small and moderately wealthy group that use car as status symbol. It's a limited market. Need mid range or lower, sedan and hatchback models for daily use for mass adoption. I do see a couple in use in Istanbul everyday though.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's obvious that TOGG targeted the foreign market with the SUV and Sedan, for Türkiye you need an affordable compact class, actually that's what most people here in Europe are also looking for.

Affordable and good range, that would sell like hotcakes.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah I think luxury SUV itself is just a terrible segment that's growing in the US but I think there are taxes on foreign ones. T10X is the wrong model for wrong era and demographic. It's targeting a specific, small and moderately wealthy group that use car as status symbol. It's a limited market. Need mid range or lower, sedan and hatchback models for daily use for mass adoption. I do see a couple in use in Istanbul everyday though.

It's obvious that TOGG targeted the foreign market with the SUV and Sedan, for Türkiye you need an affordable compact class, actually that's what most people here in Europe are also looking for.

Affordable and good range, that would sell like hotcakes.
The 50000 usd T10 X is too expensive for the average citizen of G7 countries.

in Japan and Germany the normal people buy 20000 usd Honda fit or VW polo.
And their income is several times high than Turkey.

the 50000usd t10x I think normally can only sold around 15k in Turkey every year unless super discount.

In the first year a large part of rich people bought T10x, they will not buy again in 5or 10 years

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,548
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
February's best-selling electric cars in Turkish market:

▪️1. Togg T10X: 1201 units
▪️2. Ssanyong Torres: 510 units
▪️3. BMW 5 Series: 361 units
▪️4. BYD Atto 3: 220 units
▪️5. MG 4: 195 pieces
▪️6. Volvo XC40: 165 units
▪️7. Hyundai IONIQ 6: 157 units
▪️8. Peugeot 308: 151 units
▪️9. Mercedes-Benz EQB: 143 units
▪️10. Citroen C4X: 135 units
▪️11. Jeep Avenger: 129 units
▪️12. Opel Mokka: 119 units
▪️13. Renault Megane E-Tech: 106 units
▪️14. Mercedes-Benz EQE: 90 units
▪️15. Opel Corsa: 86 units
▪️16. Opel Astra: 76 units
▪️17. Tesla Model Y: 75 units
▪️18. Mercedes-Benz EQS: 71 units
▪️19. Audi Q8 E-Tron: 58 units
▪️20. BMW i4: 54 units

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Got to say, just shows you how small the domestic market for EVs is in Turkey. Disappointing numbers.
Export success is a must if TOGG wants to be successful.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Got to say, just shows you how small the domestic market for EVs is in Turkey. Disappointing numbers.
Export success is a must if TOGG wants to be successful.
I believe that Norway gave preferential treatement to EV for it to gain attention. Such as allowing EV to use buslanes and such.

In Denmark EV were/are allowed to park for free in Copenhagen (That would be the same as free parking in Istanbul withing laws and regulations).

So unless our Government gives preferential treatement on such scale I don't imagine it's going to explode immediately.

We also have to look at how many charging stations there are. e.g. Circle K har EV charging stations (In Denmark at least).

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,168
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe that Norway gave preferential treatement to EV for it to gain attention. Such as allowing EV to use buslanes and such.

In Denmark EV were/are allowed to park for free in Copenhagen (That would be the same as free parking in Istanbul withing laws and regulations).

So unless our Government gives preferential treatement on such scale I don't imagine it's going to explode immediately.

We also have to look at how many charging stations there are. e.g. Circle K har EV charging stations (In Denmark at least).
There was a tax benefit, but wasn't there news about it being removed

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was a tax benefit, but wasn't there news about it being removed
Yes tax benefits also, but government got greedy and started to remove/reduce it because they can't promise old people money if they do the right thing (for elections, also in Denmark :) )

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom